Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details

Clustergear, Yes I've been on the Lake most of my life. Do you remember the Jolly Rodger? I used to rent one of the cabins next to Shepards Cove ( Peabodys) LOL back in the 80's & early 90's. You know that crew!!! I'm sure we have met I remeber seeing your Avanti many times.

2. Collapse Details

You must have been in the Turtle Club, I was member of the Tuna Fleet ( the drunken old timers) Two of my friends rented half of the house that became Peabody's, than moved over to Pete & Marges Neptunes. The three guys I rented a place with we lived next to Antlers. I had a 1980 22' Baja Carrea before the Avanti, the boats I had before than no one would have looked twice at. One of the guys Gene had a 27 Avanti Burgundy and gray (both had dry exhaust) and the other guy Johnny is still on the lake Tuna Stinger.

3. Collapse Details

Yes I'm a proud member of the Turtle Club. Lived in Neptunes through out the 80's, and Duffy's, Zachery's, DJ's, Lake Theater, Christies and others. I remember someone kept an Avanti at Leonelli's docks back then. Red 23' or 24'. Thought it was a beer distributor or something. (Keis maybe)

4. Collapse Details

I'm sure you know Safari and Dan R. Here we are at the Sagandoga PR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6%2024%2008%20064.jpg   powerplay%202008.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Dan R was the one that told me were your boat was when I took the wife to see it. He didn't know your phone # or I would have called you, so went to see John about looking at it. I always could tell the Turtle Club guys late at night by your code of arms. TWO STRAWS WITH WARPER EXTENDED OVER THE EARS LIKE ANTENNAS!!!!!!

Looks like Bob and Dan in your boat.

6. Collapse Details
    33 Powerplay Questions
    1991 33 Powerplay I/O Any body know if there are deck plates under flooring to access fuel tank vents. It doesn't look or feel like there under flooring. I pulled the fuel fill hoses out last night to replace ( what a pain in the ass that was) and what to change vent lines. If there are no deck plates does any one know were the vents are located in tanks (ie front right or left or center) so I drill just one hole to find them. I have been going over the hole boat replacing anything that looks questionable. Rather fix it during winter than have it go and screw up a weekend in the summer.

7. Collapse Details
    What Gear Ratio are you Running
    Well I have my drives apart just want to go through them, uppers are like new. Lowers have some wear, nothing bad. They are laying on my work bench haven't decided weather I going to put lowers back together and swap them with each other ( spin them the other way) or put upgade kits in them and make the lowers XR's. Eather way it doesn't cost me that much cause I get my parts at cost, and labors free, plus I get to hide in garage smoke cigars and not have to listen to the wife, which is a good reason why I tare my boats, cars and bikes apart every winter. My drives are 1:36's any body else running 1:36 on thier 33 Powerplay. Motors are 502's maybe 450-500 hp realy don't know. Judging by the paper work I got with boat the motors were built with parts that they should 500's. Boat cruises and stays on plane at 2200 rpms with 4 blade 24p. It will run 80 with 3 blade 25p but doesn't get on plain to easy.

8. Collapse Details

Here are our 2!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01759.jpg   Fox-Sea%20Five_3%20April%202003.jpg   Powerplay.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cowisl View Post
    Here are our 2!
    That 38 is sick!