Thread: Chris..anyone??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

The Remington 870 is my first, second and third choice for a weapon of that type. I've never failed to have one feed or fire, nor have I ever heard of it happening. It's the only shotgun I know of I can say that about. Now maintenance has alot to do with that- if you have it in a closet and it's kept clean and lubricated, you're not going to have nearly the concern. But if you're shopping anyway, they're all equivalent in price.

On the SKS, the 7.62x39 is going to go through your walls as well as your neighbor's- and conceivably, one of your neighbors. Castle doctrine laws don't cover those issues.

2. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    ya know John...your twice the size of the average malnurished crackhead burgler...just pick him up by the scruff of the neck and beat him severly about the head and shoulders...
    ....and at that point he ends up in Rob's care. Poor bastid will wish he never got out of the gutter that day

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Ok, mine has a heat shield.
    Are you saying I have to use my 28" barrel bird gun? So I look like a duck hunter? Bummer. Wheeling around with that in the house would be like turning the guns on a battleship.
    A heat shield no so much, but when you go all "mall ninja" lasers, lights, spare mag attachments, night vision, quad rails, bayonets, tactical stocks/grips so on and so forth is when the prosecutor will start to question your motives

4. Collapse Details

ya know John...your twice the size of the average malnurished crackhead burgler...just pick him up by the scruff of the neck and beat him severly about the head and shoulders...

This would be another option for me also, but I think im three times the size of the average malnurished crackhead burgler!, but the downside to this is, in the middle of the night when im still half asleep and I get up for the first 30 seconds or so, a ballarina I am not...... more like a bull in a china shop. If all the noise doesnt deter any theif then my shotgun and fists will be ready for proper use.

5. Collapse Details

Crime? Ohio? Say it ain't so!

I've carried a pistol in all my vehicles for years. It's legal in Fla, and on some jobsites in Orlando, I'd rather be carried by six anyway. The eletrician son was a cop in Crime Hills (Pine Hills) he said he liked the excitement. First thing his dad did was pound his chest, checking for his vest, and the cop would have gotten his head thumped if he didn't have it on. One of the worst areas in Otown, but not the worst.

If I get tried for shooting someone, there won't be a victim to testify. Damn near had to prove it a few months ago with three punks in my neighborhood. They decided living was better. One punk thought I was joking, but the oldest punk started screaming at the other two to get the f in the truck. Told em if I saw them again in my neighborhood (one way in, and one way out) I would assume they were looking for me, and I'd go to killing. It wasn't until that night I knew for sure I could kill somebody if I had no choice. Since then I carry a heavy black steel piece of pipe behind my seat, so I'll have a non deadly choice for defense. I don't want to kill anybody, but I damn sure will.
    There's a girl I know who's 5-2 110 pounds that says she'd be skeered to carry a gun, but she has an alarm when she's working at the office alone. Told me if she did carry a gun, she wouldn't have bullets for it. I told her NOT to get a gun. I can think of no more sure way of getting killed than pulling a pistol with no bullets, by the same token, don't pull it unless you intend to use it, then keep pulling until it clicks.

6. Collapse Details

No thanks. Could be dna transfer. And cooties too. Besides, crack heads shoot the big guys.
    Although that trick did work in a bar fight once. After I got thrown into the juke box I decided to step up my game a little.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    A heat shield no so much, but when you go all "mall ninja" lasers, lights, spare mag attachments, night vision, quad rails, bayonets, tactical stocks/grips so on and so forth is when the prosecutor will start to question your motives
    None of that. Just the stock heat shield.
    No add ons, no external mags, just a three dot sight.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The Remington 870 is my first, second and third choice for a weapon of that type. I've never failed to have one feed or fire, nor have I ever heard of it happening. It's the only shotgun I know of I can say that about. Now maintenance has alot to do with that- if you have it in a closet and it's kept clean and lubricated, you're not going to have nearly the concern. But if you're shopping anyway, they're all equivalent in price.
    Isn't the 870 the most widely used choice for LE?

9. Collapse Details

I'l seccond the 870 as first choice in a shotgun. I have one that has been thrown around like a trailer park housewife for years and never had the first hicup. I wish I could say the same for my 590 Mariner.

10. Collapse Details

the SKS did work for home defense last summer...after the tweaker scappers stole a spool of wire (the big street to house kind) from my yard, and came bag a couple days later for more... I went on patrol..heard rustling in the back yard about 3 am...walked out the back door and emptied about half the 30 round clip into the ground then advanced...phuckers ran like hell...word spreads,,,no one has been back messing with my stuff since. there may be honor amongst thieves, but their is also communication and noone wants to mess with the crazy guy that walks out the door guns blazing.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

11. Collapse Details

what really needs to happen is for the consitution to be upheld.. I have the right to keep and bare arms...why do I need a permit to carry??
    That's what Nugent said, "The Second Ammendment is my permit." or something to that effect.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'l seccond the 870 as first choice in a shotgun. I have one that has been thrown around like a trailer park housewife for years and never had the first hicup. I wish I could say the same for my 590 Mariner.
    Remington 870 comes in a marine version as well...

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...ine_magnum.asp

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    Remington 870 comes in a marine version as well...

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...ine_magnum.asp
    I like that one. Great looking, reliable gun.

14. Collapse Details

I am a Menace to sobriety....
    Go take your the CFP course at Cleland's ... you can walk across the road to Loma Linda's for a few margs after the class!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    I like that one. Great looking, reliable gun.

Will be my next purchase ...

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RedDog382 View Post
    Will be my next purchase ...
    Mine too. They had one at the Bass Pro in Rossford awhile back, I snoozed...I lost. Just haven't gotten around to ordering one yet. Although the Express version is about 2 hundo cheaper than the Marine iirc. Just not as pretty but sometimes function wins over form...and I'm sure they would make similar size holes

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As far as I know, the FN Tactical Police is currently the favorite and uses a modified 1300 action. I also believe it is rated the highest, and as I said earlier, accepts those mini 12 guage shells so they can put like 12 shells in the gun.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

18. Collapse Details
    Thumbs down
    Yes. You very rarely see anything else.

19. Collapse Details

noone wants to mess with the crazy guy that walks out the door guns blazing.
    You are really giving the gun credit? Don't underestimate the power of "crazy" in the armed and crazy scenario.
    Worked for Ronald Reagan.

Crazy works pretty good. Once drove off 5 guys trying to break into my house at 2am on a fourth of july. I was in the basement and I heard the back door knob. As one guy was working the door, the others were standing around. I climbed the step, grabbed my big boy mag lite and hit the garage security lights. As they turned to look at the lights I threw the door open and did my best impression of a 6'6" 250 pound guy swinging a mag lite like a crazy person. They were so screwed up and scared that it was like a cartoon. A couple ran into each other, then a couple tried to run THROUGH my stockade fence. I got to them just as the second one made it over the fence and he dropped his shoe. I secured the house and got on the phone to the po po. Two little fat lady cops showed up and I thought "oh great."
    I gave them the shoe. They knew that the guys had come from a party a few houses down. (I recognized them) So... we new that they had to come back eventually. One cop parked her car down at one end of the street. The other hid in the shadows at the other end. When the kids manuevered to avoid the cop that they could see... the one that they couldn't rolled up.

"Is this your shoe, Cinderella?" Is what she told me she asked. The arrested two. I prosecuted two. The prosecutor tried to play the "go easy on them, do you really want these kids to have a felony record?"
    I said "Get out of this room. I will see you inside the courtroom. Say another word and I will make a formal complaint of witness intimidation."
    I went in and stood my ground., and told the story of the night that a home invasion was attempted at my home.
    They went down on all charges. Criminal tresspass, carrying concealed weapon, several other neat charges.

20. Collapse Details

And yes.... I know that it could have gone a different way.... but I knew it was the neighbors punk friends.