Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor mikey's Avatar
    Gino I am sorry about your luck and would have helped in anyway that i could have. Thanks for the shirt and look forward to seeing you over the winter.

Mikey
    Miss Geico Racing # 113

2. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Talking
    Mikey I hope one day comes that Haggin owns Key West !

Damn! Things could be so much better !

A man can dream can't he ?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post

now that would be a party and some great racing.........the radio and web cams are no way to enjoy a race but its all I could do this year
    beer is food

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fever Mike View Post
    +1 my wife loves here CLK 550. However we will NEVER buy another Mercedes Benz from the Tampa dealer on Dale Mabry. We will look at Crown in St. Pete next time.
    Mercedes Benz of Delray and tell'em Gino sent ya!!

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor mikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post

Sharkey you are right you can always dream. Its hard to tell what the future holds.

Mikey
    Miss Geico Racing # 113

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Wrench View Post
    Sounds to me its just like this website. The other one pi$$ed everyone off so they started another. The same can happen with a race organization!!!!
    IMHO two things stand in the way of that happening. He was awarded the rights to run APBA sanctioned races and he also has the rights to the Key West venue locked up for several more years. I know some very good race organizations that are poised and waiting in the wings to step up he if renigs on any of those obligations.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Mercedes Benz of Delray and tell'em Gino sent ya!!
    Yeah Mike I bet Gino can get you a smokin discount there.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ApachePete View Post
    Phillip!

Stop holding back!

Tell us what you REALLY think!
    Haha - Hi Peter - dont get me started- I had enough of that idiot when I was filming - he forgot that is was YOU and others that were the boss - without you - there is NOTHING - absoutely NOTHING ! I knew that - he never got it !

I provided a service to those that wanted it - including you - No one sponsored me- if something would go wrong with equipment - (ie: Helicopter, recorders - or being in the wrong place) it was all on me - and he wanted a piece of my action- It was like dealing with the Mob when talking to him - One would think he would at least THANK ME - and say - keep giving me the exposure - and what you are doing Phil expands our horizons - however it was the reverse - He was, and IS still just the pot hole in the road to success .

Now, dont get me wound up again Peter !

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family -

Phil

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Well just like all the threads involving Offshore racing, it usually ends up pointing out the
    low points, yet year in year out people go to KW, because its KW. And no matter who has the reins, there will always be a issue of some sort.

If you dont like the current events, easiest way to change them is not attend. $$$ and numbers speak volumes.

10. Collapse Details

Reading all this makes me wonder why the racers continue to race with him.

11. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    If you dont like the current events, easiest way to change them is not attend. $$$ and numbers speak volumes.
    It's been quite some time since I dragged a race boat to Key West to race. It's also been some time since I even attended the Key West World's. Last I can remember I went down just for 2 or 3 days. Only thing I found I was missing was a great party with some great people.

The day will come when new leadership will take over the reigns... I can wait...

12. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post
    Reading all this makes me wonder why the racers continue to race with him.
    Due to the fact he has a monopoly on the South East. Majority of his participants are from Florida. They are with him because it is close to home. But take one look at the boat count in Jersey City 10 to 12 boats total showed up...

13. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by NNRT View Post
    Haha - Hi Peter - dont get me started- I had enough of that idiot when I was filming - he forgot that is was YOU and others that were the boss - without you - there is NOTHING - absoutely NOTHING ! I knew that - he never got it !

I provided a service to those that wanted it - including you - No one sponsored me- if something would go wrong with equipment - (ie: Helicopter, recorders - or being in the wrong place) it was all on me - and he wanted a piece of my action- It was like dealing with the Mob when talking to him - One would think he would at least THANK ME - and say - keep giving me the exposure - and what you are doing Phil expands our horizons - however it was the reverse - He was, and IS still just the pot hole in the road to success .

Now, dont get me wound up again Peter !

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family -

Phil
    At least this post shows it wasn't just me that has encountered this situation with JC.

Alot of photogs were there this year. I wonder how many he tried to get to sign a contract ?

14. Collapse Details

I have been receiving email after email regarding this situation. Story after story of JC's way of dealing with others in the same fashion I was. I had 5 people suggest I forward this thread to Key West officials, the Mayor and the Conch Board of Directors to let them know how JC's dictatorship has hurt the attendance of race week in Key West year after year. Maybe if the Key West officials realised this they may open up the Annex to other organisations that could really do a good job. I couldn't understand why the other organizations decided to hold their "worlds" in north Florida rather then Key West. Now I see, it's probably because they can't deal with carbonell.
    I had an idea, what if we came up with a professional letter "obviously NOT written by me"! and a petition that the Annex should be opened up to other groups that are more willing to work with others that will help our sport. We may have a chance of making a change.
    remember years ago? When you would go to the Worlds and there were 120+ boats with thousands of spectators! Maybe we can have that again! Any thoughts??

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post
    I have been receiving email after email regarding this situation. Story after story of JC's way of dealing with others in the same fashion I was. I had 5 people suggest I forward this thread to Key West officials, the Mayor and the Conch Board of Directors to let them know how JC's dictatorship has hurt the attendance of race week in Key West year after year. Maybe if the Key West officials realised this they may open up the Annex to other organisations that could really do a good job. I couldn't understand why the other organizations decided to hold their "worlds" in north Florida rather then Key West. Now I see, it's probably because they can't deal with carbonell.
    I had an idea, what if we came up with a professional letter "obviously NOT written by me"! and a petition that the Annex should be opened up to other groups that are more willing to work with others that will help our sport. We may have a chance of making a change.
    remember years ago? When you would go to the Worlds and there were 120+ boats with thousands of spectators! Maybe we can have that again! Any thoughts??

Good Idea - maybe things will change for the better - can't get much worse !

Phil

16. Collapse Details

Gino, we can change this problem if we all ban together and do this. I am in!
    Mike
    2006 Fountain 38TE..CC..Outboards Baby!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fever Mike View Post
    Gino, we can change this problem if we all ban together and do this. I am in!
    +1 Sign me up as well!

18. Collapse Details

Did you tell John you were on the flippin cover of power boat magizine...WTF...

19. Collapse Details

Gino I am in, and am activly working to help this situation now

i will call you next week i would like to talk with you about this further

Time to rally the troops on SOS

Marc

20. Collapse Details

Sounds a complete nightmare Gino. I had no idea the guy was SO unpopular! (I'm the wrong side of the pond). I guess my 0.02 cents worth is that if he did have good reason for not wanting the boat in there (insurance or whatever), it's about HOW you communicate with people - he's obviously lacking in that department. What a shame. Thank goodness the Merc Benz folks don't appear to have been put off!