Thread: Loto question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Loto question
    I'm considering coming for the shootout. I would like to know the best place to stay and have my boat real close. I'll have my 46 with me so I need a long enough dock. Do you have to worry about hiting objects or bottom? How are law enforcement. I was considering getting done with work on wendsday and driving through the night and being there thursday, then poker run friday, and drive home monday. What do you guys think.

Any help would be much appreciated. Its 4 months away but I like to have things planned out far in advance.

2. Collapse Details

We always rent a condo directly across the street from Dog Days. VRBO is the rental agency that we use. They have a website that you can get contact info from. Call if you cant find it.

3. Collapse Details

Gotta watch the booze patrol down there, otherwise the lake police aren't bad. They were snagging boats leaving Frankie and lewies Friday evening before the shoot out. Don' t have to worry about depth in all the areas I have been in at LOTO, the is ocassionally some "small" debris in the water.

4. Collapse Details

Here's one with a 48' slip.

http://www.vrbo.com/163364

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...ks/osage-beach

The Shoot Out is at the 34 mile marker. Osage Beach is were all the restaurants & shopping are; so most people stay in this area which is around the 19 mile marker; which is close to Party Cove & Dog Days. Dog Days has been the host of the Poker Run the last couple of years and I assume they will be this year also.

The lake is very deep from the dam to about the 50mm; so no worries there, just a couple places that are marked that you wouldn't have to worry about. There is little to no debris in the lake...especially that late in the summer.

Law enforcement is not bad on this weekend. They don't worry about noise for the Shoot Out weekend b/c all the race boats, but save your partying for the docks at night. They can be strict about alcohol for the drivers.

You can tie up to my dock for nothing and I'm in the back of a no wake cove, but I'm at the 3mm; so you'd be further away from all the action.

I'm a planner also...I have a 5 & 7 year old; so I have to plan ahead if I want to do anything.

I hope you make it down to LOTO. I think you'd enjoy the weekend. I went to the Shoot Out in 2005 for the first time & I bought our condo within a month of that. I fell in love with the lake....but it's only 2hr from home for me.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sellsman11 View Post
    We always rent a condo directly across the street from Dog Days. VRBO is the rental agency that we use. They have a website that you can get contact info from. Call if you cant find it.
    im staying with you and tommy gun... tell woods hes got the floor, i need a bed.....
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stecz20 View Post
    im staying with you and tommy gun... tell woods hes got the floor, i need a bed.....
    I've got you covered. Bring refreshment money.

7. Collapse Details

www.6starmanagement.com

Ask for Kim. You can get a room in the Towers or Parkview Bay and they have 14 x 40 slips available and possibly bigger.

Land's End (right across from Dog Days) would also be a good choice and might have slips big enough for you.

Both places are near the Grand Glaize bridge (19MM) which is a good jump off point for most of the lake's hot spots.

You will have to deal with the No Wake zone at either of these places but it is not that big of a deal.
    Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 04-09-2009 at 11:58 AM.

8. Collapse Details

Tommy should have plenty of beds in that mansion!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    Tommy should have plenty of beds in that mansion!
    tommy wont let us sh it on the walls.. whats wrong with that guy....
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

10. Collapse Details

You'll need to stay at Wiggler's place for that!

11. Collapse Details

Don't forget about the Big Papi mint.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    Don't forget about the Big Papi mint.

Tom...You might wanna put your Flat Screens in storage before he comes to town!!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TIKI View Post
    Here's one with a 48' slip.

http://www.vrbo.com/163364

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...ks/osage-beach

The Shoot Out is at the 34 mile marker. Osage Beach is were all the restaurants & shopping are; so most people stay in this area which is around the 19 mile marker; which is close to Party Cove & Dog Days. Dog Days has been the host of the Poker Run the last couple of years and I assume they will be this year also.

The lake is very deep from the dam to about the 50mm; so no worries there, just a couple places that are marked that you wouldn't have to worry about. There is little to no debris in the lake...especially that late in the summer.

Law enforcement is not bad on this weekend. They don't worry about noise for the Shoot Out weekend b/c all the race boats, but save your partying for the docks at night. They can be strict about alcohol for the drivers.

You can tie up to my dock for nothing and I'm in the back of a no wake cove, but I'm at the 3mm; so you'd be further away from all the action.

I'm a planner also...I have a 5 & 7 year old; so I have to plan ahead if I want to do anything.

I hope you make it down to LOTO. I think you'd enjoy the weekend. I went to the Shoot Out in 2005 for the first time & I bought our condo within a month of that. I fell in love with the lake....but it's only 2hr from home for me.

Thank you, this sounds ideal. THe condo looks real nice, I tried calling but no answer, Ill try later.
    Last edited by BraceYourself; 04-09-2009 at 01:29 PM.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Gotta watch the booze patrol down there, otherwise the lake police aren't bad. They were snagging boats leaving Frankie and lewies Friday evening before the shoot out. Don' t have to worry about depth in all the areas I have been in at LOTO, the is ocassionally some "small" debris in the water.
    Yeah we had to watch you from falling into the lake at Dog Days
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sellsman11 View Post

Tom...You might wanna put your Flat Screens in storage before he comes to town!!!
    Its much better to just let us stay with you, rather than not and find out where your house is.......
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009

16. Collapse Details

The Lands End condos are in a great location and some of the nicest on the lake.

17. Collapse Details

The poker run started down at Coconuts last year didn't it? I'm right down near there but I wasn't able to make it down last year. Anyone know for sure where it is starting this year?

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOSCARAB View Post
    The poker run started down at Coconuts last year didn't it? I'm right down near there but I wasn't able to make it down last year. Anyone know for sure where it is starting this year?
    I am not sure about the Poker Run but the "Fun Run" that most of the big boys took part in starts at Dog Days. The Fun Run is free and seemed to have a better turn out of hardware than the poker run did.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Its much better to just let us stay with you, rather than not and find out where your house is.......

Canadian Gerry shoulda fed you to the MOOSE!!!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Yeah we had to watch you from falling into the lake at Dog Days
    over served again, thanks for not letting me fall in. On the plus side I was not operating a boat or any other vehical