Quote Originally Posted by 600sci View Post
back in the day they raced single engine boats in A class up to 95 MPH and 28 footers in B class over 100 MPH !!!!

F2 with twin HP 500's where close at 93 MPH !
We should get another thread. But;

The fastest Factory 2 boat I know of, ever, was the Let's Play boat. As far as I know, it went barely over 90 in Biloxi, but it also completely burned the exhaust up because the ECM had been modified to lock out the temperature, so it was illegal due to the modified ECM.

The Twisted Styx boat went 91. something, on the river not in a race, with only one person in the boat and almost zero fuel. It never hit 90 in a race.

But, even that is not my point. My point is there are several twin engine boats out there ready to race with no class to race in. Could you modify all of the old F2 boats to run 95? Probably. Does it make any sense, to me no.

Number one reason, too fast for reasonable safety in an open boat during race conditions.

If someone who owns one of these boats wants to discuss it, hopefully they'll start a thread. When Jim Simmons is only running SVL, and not the boat that won the triple crown several years in SBI, there seems to be something worth discussing.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programming....