Quote Originally Posted by NASCAT View Post
Tx,

The new Ilmor engine drive pkg is drive by wire no cables for throttles or shifting. I have the older gen 3 engines but the new drive sends it's trim signal electronically. I didn't want heads up cable tabs w/ seperate L.E.D. drive indicators so ILMOR & Livorsi have worked on an all L.E.D. system. To be honest as much as I like the visibility of the heads up indicators the accuracy / repeatability wasn't there in fact it was dangerous not knowing exactly where the tabs were.

Did you have Stainless Marines "No Slack" Cables on your heads up indicators??? They are extremly accurate & Repeatable since the spring is always pulling the slack out of the cable. Now if you had just regular Morse Cables then "Yes" It's Dangerous since the Tabs or Drives could move 2" before the 1/4" Slack is consumed in the cable housing and starts to show in the display, the No Slacks take care of that. I do like your DBW's though, very clean....

PS. Can you walk over to Dale Jrs shop and poke him with a Hot Coat Hanger or something and tell him to get up on the wheel (maybe move his seat closer and don't let him know )