Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
I will say it a little slower. Your super duppppper series faillllled. And we should listen to Mike A. why?????

Back to the thread at hand. Illmore I wish you all the best in offshore racing. Please do what ever you feel is best for your company to break into our sport and being a house hold name.
MD
No, my series succeeded. When I retired we had lots of boats, TV, GM, race sites and numerous other sponsors, and at least I had the guts to get in the game and put my money where my mouth was. The boycotters' series failed and the best part of that was those guys left you holding the bag. Nice job. 12 boats, you cheated, and now do not even race anymore, right? Really Randy, you should just be quiet. Your penchant for jumping onto sinking ships is legendary. In fact, that was the joke in SIB.

ILMOR jumping in to the sport or hobby of Offshore racing will not make them a household name. Being owned by Roger Penske will do more for them in that regard. And I have actually met with the powers that be at ILMOR in Key West and actually have some perspective on what they want to accomplish and can accomplish when given an opportunity. And giving 15 motors away so people with worn out equipment and no money left so those people can keep mooching off others for their own selfish ends was not in the cards.

And btw, the boycott was the single best thing that ever happened to me business wise, so thank you, thank you very much.