Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
Who says you have to carry your original card? I said it's pretty easy to confirm the number and matching identity. Your state of residence (by way of your "government issued ID", as required by every state) already requires your social security number to be on file.

Daredevil: how many of those would give "their" SS number to law enforcement if confronted?

Clay, I agree with the idea that the "demand" has to be quenched. But what you may be forgetting from your microeconomics class is the idea of alternative choices. Employers have alternatives to illegal labor: more expensive "legal" labor. You see, that's the whole reason employers are drawn to illegals is price. So if you remove that choice from the market, they won't stop hiring people, they will pay more. And consequently everyone will pay more.

It's like the whole Wal-mart/China thing: everybody hates it but nobody wants to pay the economic and environmental price of keeping it all here.
Thats the key...IF they ask for it ...i never ever seen them do that !!!!!!

I say shut the borders down and get our troops back here to keep this country from falling apart instead of fighting wars in countrys that we need to build back up again and have nothing to do with us !!!!!!!!