Quote Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
I don't know, circa 1970's. No HIN.

I picked up this project to get a better relationship with my older brother. He is disabled due to a head injury he got playing soccer in college. He is very hard to talk to and get along with or have any sort of a real discussion with. He can't hold a job, can't hold any kind of relationship, and lives with my parents. He is bitter about how his life has turned out for him. The other day we were working on something and amazingly we got along. I thought that if we couldn't get along having conversation then we could get along working on something. I knew he liked boats and fishing and often talked about buying one to fix up so I bought this whaler to fix up and call it "our boat". Now he is happier and we have a better relationship because instead of driving me crazy when he comes over now we are working on a fun project together. I'm hoping when were done he will have something to be proud of; right now he has nothing.
I think it is nice to know that there still is a few good people left in this world who are willing to show and offer some compassion to there fellow man , friends and family . The reason i asked about the age of the boat is because in the past i have ran across a lot of older Whalers were the foam is saturated with water underneath the deck/linner and just curious does the boat seem very heavy because the foam will absorb water like a sponge .