Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
I was referring to P1 not APBA.
yea, but to get P1 usa, you would have a be sanction by apba, hence the P1 races would be under the apba banner. i guess abpa could run along side with other orgs but this would add to the costs of racing (insurance), unless that org went under the apba umbrella.

from past experiences apba isn't the easiest governing body to deal with.

now before the svl's jump on me, from what i read is that P1 uses a hp to weight which they feel will bring alot of existing classes together and older boats out. Great! but the first thing i saw was the svl guys saying that there not changing the rules and its gotta be the current Merc 525 package. so basically i don't see anything new in the single engine/canopy class that isn't being done currently. and also we already know where thats got us?

now if i was reading that P1 Europe, which has adopted the Formula 4-stroke series, was going to some how match them in with the p-class racing here in the US and also take the current SVL class and make the a hp to weight class allowing several engine and drive combos, i could see something happening.