Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    National Yacht Liquidators Question?
    Has anyone purchased a boat through this company? Here is what just happened to us. My Aunt and Uncle recently bought a house on the intercoastal in Pompano Beach. They want a boat or a pontoon for cruising the intercoastal, but know nothing about boats. My side of the family has been boating our whole lives, so my uncle asks for my help. I said I would keep my eye out for the right unit, at a good price. Well, last Thursday I find a pontoon at NYL, I call them, it is still available. The first chance we have to go look at it is yesterday morning (Monday 10:30am). So we look the pontoon over good, the units nice, I give my uncle the green light. The salesman tells us it arrived on Dec 17 and has had no bids. I tell my uncle it is a great price how it sits, but just for good measure we offer just a few hundred bucks less than the asking. The salesman rights it up and says he will call us today (tuesday) with an answer. Well, the salesman just called my Uncle and said between us leaving yesterday (Monday 10:30am) and now (11:30 am tuesday), there has been 18 new bidders, and we are now way down the list with our bid. The salesman says the current high bid is now a $1000 more than the asking? Maybe this was a Christmas Miracle for the bank, but it seems a little shady. The unit has been there ten days with no bids, within 24 hours of our bid, 18 new horses are now in the race? Needless to say my Uncle now has a bad taste in his mouth and said don't bother looking at boats they have listed. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Lobster; 12-29-2009 at 04:05 PM.