Quote Originally Posted by shifter View Post
Is there a way to tell if it is epoxy or not? There is approx 2 inches of core, I have not taken a measurment it is just an estimate. lots of extra stringers.

I was looking at glassing in a sub structure to support the hull during the mods with the future shape already there. The deck is already gone in the dumpster. I have a feeling if I do not support the hull it will warp when we cut it. We are new to this. This is why I am asking.

I recently made a naca on the cnc as a guide for a rotozip, plus .625. It worked really well but it was a simple 1 inch thick, glass on both sides, penske board.

I can just wood screw the guides to the bottom right?

Thanks again for the input

pat W

Steve, we had to race against your boats in Dubai, I was with M13,M7,M1 in 95/96 that was fun, Abu Dahbi was tough, seemed like 30 boats. Were you there with Doug? Do you still make wooden hulls?

The Kuwaitis hired me; the prototypes I do are all in wood ..the running One offs are Corecell or Airex I built about 24 of them so far Cats and Vees. A friend of mine got killed in Abu Dhabi right in front of me in a RIB I stopped racing and built boats that killed bad guys (patrol and gun boats) we had about 30 of them in the Gulf then got the bug again!

Doug was a great guy and one of a kind.