Last night just around 6:30 pm, a storm front swept thru southern Ontario and spun off tornadoes all over the place. I was driving home from my shop in Toronto and just missed one about 10 miles from work. Sky quickly turned dark green, rain like driving thru a car wash. Straight down, no wind at all then instantly sideways like a pressure washer. My crew cab was moving around like a Smart car getting passed by a Peterbuilt! Apparently, a twister crossed the highway and travelled thru a neighbourhood wiping out 120 or so houses about 5 minutes after I passed by. and at the same time. Good for me but not so good for the victims. Trees down, power poles down, houses destroyed, cars and trucks tossed around like dinky toys. I heard there was a car sitting in the middle of a golf course a few miels from my house this morning. No tire tracks, just plunked down in the fairway.

The storm ran in a line from the south west to the north east and was over 100 miles long. Some areas got 1.25 inch hail, some only torrential rain, some got wind, some not. They are trying to figure out exactly how many tornadoes rolled thru and environment canada thinks around a dozen or so will be declared "official" today. Almost felt like I was living in Kansas or Oklahomha for a few minutes.