A few of you know by my post in the boat owners forum that I am trying to get my Excalibur Running.(86 42' excalibur 502's borg trannies, trs drives)
Bought it in Nov. 07 and went to put it in the water only to re-trailer it ,as it had a noise in driver's side motor.
No biggy, I will pull the motor and repair..................

Little did I know what that ment,as I never had an out drive boat before and of course one never this large.
So off to a shop to pull the motor,found a guy who seems great.
And he was great, pulled the motor, found out it needed rebuilt,spun bearing-bad crank.
Oh yea, the motor was rebuilt and it still needs it as the cyl. are worn.
Ok.... now a total rebuild for one motor.
Lets check the other motor to see what we have........
Now both motors are out and at first I thought cool, rebuild bigger hp.
Then the total colapse of our income, well not total, but very hurtfull.

Well I get the motor #1 in the shop......
Then the boat shop owner calls and said" I am closing up shop,can't make it come get boat,motors and ect....

Great, low money, boat now in storage yard, motors in garage.
Both need lower ends as I had the heads done while still trying to get this barge in the water.

Meanwhile I had to take all cabin out as the rot/mold in there was very bad.
( the last guy kept in covered 99% off the time, but the hole in the cover let water in the cabin)
So there was moldville to contend with.

Ok .....
As of today there are two motors in my garage with all the other stuff.
Do not know when I may get them done, do not know who to take it to as I have had quote's from $1200 to $3000 just to put motors back in the boat,. I have no idea how to as the drives need to come out first.
It is 118 degree's today when I got home and damm to hot to work on it in the eves or even on weekends for that matter.
I have opened up the bathroom and removed/made new seats in the cabin.
I really love working/having this boat and wish things could work out better for me to work on her. I am lucky the interior is in good shape as the hull is clean also. Not perfect, but clean.

But, sometimes I feel like I done,just can't do it anymore.
I drive 2 hrs every day to work and 2-3 home.
My wife and kids need me on the weekends as I can't spend my weekends working on the boat.
Plus, with work being the way it is I am spending more time working weekends.

I know I will get it done, it just sucks seeing other boats in the water or even being towed.
Sorry, don't want to sound like a whinner, anyone else like this????????

Johnny