Thread: Gm ipo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    Gm ipo
    Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    Government says it will start selling the new GM stock in 2010, I'm thinking it has great potential, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Wobble; 07-28-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: spell
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

2. Collapse Details

Depending on where it is when they offer it. If they try to IPO it at $100 per share then I would say no, not worth it but what do I know.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it's one of the biggest acts of thievery ever in this country. The old secured creditors got screwed out of their constitutionally protected secured assets by a scum-sucking maggot of an attorney who has the protection of the government Senate and House behind him to squelch all opposition to his strong arm facist takeover.

Is that what you were asking?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I think it's one of the biggest acts of thievery ever in this country. The old secured creditors got screwed out of their constitutionally protected secured assets by a scum-sucking maggot of an attorney who has the protection of the government Senate and House behind him to squelch all opposition to his strong arm facist takeover.

Tell us how you really feel!
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

5. Collapse Details

Well, it is what it is. On the other hand they have good product and low debt.
    Last edited by Wobble; 07-28-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: link requires subscription
    Mark

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
    Well, it is what it is. On the other hand they have good product and low debt.
    My personal opinion, they will go bankrupt again. They have the free billions, plus the loaned billions to pay back. But, they get this stuff for free for 25 years or something so, in the meantime, they should be real nice on a balance sheet. I do believe this mess with both Chrysler and GM will force Ford into Bankruptcy instead of the spot up front they deserve. Because they did things legally, they will be penalized in the long run.

I will never buy a Chrysler, it's really a Fiat and they took billions of our tax money and gave an entire corporation away to a foreign corporation. I guarantee you there is a kickback there of somekind just like Clinton got from the Chinese after he left office.

As for GM, I will not buy one until the government is completely out of the company. Period. They could have at least gave the company to a US corporation who knows how to operate a company.

So, the IPO will prosper in my opinion for awhile. Just remember, the US Government and the UAW are running the company, and auditing the books.

7. Collapse Details

The difference between an attorney and a carp.

One is a scum sucking bottom dwelller, and the other is a fish.

8. Collapse Details

Great reply, other words run Forest run
    Run until it sounds expensive

9. Collapse Details

Since when are investments secured by the constitution? Corporate bonds are only secured with the assets of the company and has nothing to do with the constitution.

The Constitution of the United States of America is the supreme law of the United States. It is the foundation and source of the legal authority underlying the existence of the United States of America and the Federal Government of the United States. It provides the framework for the organization of the United States Government. The document defines the three main branches of the government: The legislative branch with a bicameral Congress, an executive branch led by the President, and a judicial branch headed by the Supreme Court. Besides providing for the organization of these branches, the Constitution outlines obligations of each office, as well as provides what powers each branch may exercise. It also reserves numerous rights for the individual states, thereby establishing the United States' federal system of government. It is the shortest and oldest written constitution of any major sovereign state.[1

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    Since when are investments secured by the constitution? Corporate bonds are only secured with the assets of the company and has nothing to do with the constitution.

The Constitution of the United States of America is the supreme law of the United States. It is the foundation and source of the legal authority underlying the existence of the United States of America and the Federal Government of the United States. It provides the framework for the organization of the United States Government. The document defines the three main branches of the government: The legislative branch with a bicameral Congress, an executive branch led by the President, and a judicial branch headed by the Supreme Court. Besides providing for the organization of these branches, the Constitution outlines obligations of each office, as well as provides what powers each branch may exercise. It also reserves numerous rights for the individual states, thereby establishing the United States' federal system of government. It is the shortest and oldest written constitution of any major sovereign state.[1
    It also states in article 3 section 8 that only Congress can establish bankruptcy law and it must be uniform throughout all states. Then, under the bankruptcy laws congress established, once a bankruptcy is filed, all assets must be listed and only the creditors can establish value and distribution under the auspices of an article III judge. No one else. Not the US President or any of his Executive branch appointees.

11. Collapse Details

????????? The govt owns what, like 70%, controlling interest, veto power on all decisions, and day to day input. when exactly was the last time the fed. govt. ran ANYTHING successfull??? this is the same govt. that prides itself on $600 toilet seats an $900 screwdrivers....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    ????????? The govt owns what, like 70%, controlling interest, veto power on all decisions, and day to day input. when exactly was the last time the fed. govt. ran ANYTHING successfull??? this is the same govt. that prides itself on $600 toilet seats an $900 screwdrivers....

+1....dead money investment, govt. isn't a profit generator it is a drain/spender of other people's money.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    +1....dead money investment, govt. isn't a profit generator it is a drain/spender of other people's money.

The gov't (reportedly) has nothing to do with anything going on other than appointing some board members. These board members are typical corporate turnaround types, not lefty gov't people.

So far, I have not heard of a single decision being called by the gov't, and see no plans for that to increase as they try and exit ownership.

14. Collapse Details

What ever happened to people who invested in GM and bought common stock? I am guessing they have wallpapered their bathrooms with the paper. When they get paid back and the government gets out of the auto business I would consider a GM vehicle again. Until then it is Ford or foreign (but made in the US).

15. Collapse Details

I'll never purchase another GM product.

I'm down to Ford. i wonder when the Chinese will buy it.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'll never purchase another GM product.

I'm down to Ford. i wonder when the Chinese will buy it.
    thats going to play hell with your boating power needs
    Mark

17. Collapse Details

My next truck will be a Ford. The last one would have been too if I hadn't had the GM points.

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    My next truck will be a Ford. The last one would have been too if I hadn't had the GM points.
    Same. Although I believe Government Motors will bankrupt Ford.

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Under that bankruptcy code, established by Congress per Article 3 Section 8 of the Constitution, secured creditors come first. Obama the dweeb strong armed the secured creditors and gave the companies to unsecured creditors (the union pension fund, the government), period. Definitely a breach of Constitutional duty he swore to uphold. And there are many Constitutional scholars who agree and have written articles about it. Search it. The secured creditors have sworn to the strong arming in court.

The creditors
    Secured creditors whose security interests survive the commencement of the case may look to the property that is the subject of their security interests, after obtaining permission from the court (in the form of relief from the automatic stay). Security interests, created by what are called secured transactions, are liens on the property of a debtor.

Unsecured creditors are generally divided into two classes: unsecured priority creditors and general unsecured creditors. Unsecured priority creditors are further subdivided into classes as described in the law. In some cases the assets of the estate are insufficient to pay all priority unsecured creditors in full; in such cases the general unsecured creditors receive nothing.

20. Collapse Details

GM doesn't make a single part on anything I have on any of my boats. It's al aftermarket.

And, the next build is going to be Ford powered. I Just built one for my jet boat and I'm really becoming fond of what thay're doing.

Also, have you seen 2112's Ford-powered Gladiator?