Thread: Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon
    1' waves just watch for the temps.

2. Collapse Details

Hell,,,,Hawk and I started tonight !!!!!!!

Shouldnt of gone home so early BZ,,,,,,Im gonna go pass out now !!!!!!

Ph hey Tony,,,,found your keys,,,,,dont ask me what I did with them cuz I dont remember,,,,,but I found them !!!!!!

3. Collapse Details
    That's not good
    Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post

Ph hey Tony,,,,found your keys,,,,,dont ask me what I did with them cuz I dont remember,,,,,but I found them !!!!!!
    Maybe you should check your pants pocket they just might have got lost with something else you play With! .

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post

I am glad I went home!!!! LOL so where is the party Sat...Sun...Mon???

5. Collapse Details

Ouch! That's two good ones in two weeks! Manzella is on FIRE!

You kids stay safe out there this weekend...we'll be holdin' it down on the southern tip. Party Cove, 85 degrees, are you under the influence?

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks tall Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Ouch! That's two good ones in two weeks! Manzella is on FIRE!

You kids stay safe out there this weekend...we'll be holdin' it down on the southern tip. Party Cove, 85 degrees, are you under the influence?
    Have a blast down south! .

7. Collapse Details
    Fri/Sat
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    1' waves just watch for the temps.
    Up dated 1' to 3' today Sat 1' to 2'.

8. Collapse Details

dosen't look bad!!!

Saturday
    Northeast winds 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.

9. Collapse Details
    Saturday am
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Z. View Post
    dosen't look bad!!!

Saturday
    Northeast winds 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
    I'm thinking before 10am got to try something Dr B. said to do ?

10. Collapse Details

Sunday is R/R for my old azz ! Monday is open but early before 10am.

11. Collapse Details

best day in years !!!!!!

flat lake 90 degrees, and $2.55 a gallon gas !!!

we were due for a good one !!!!!

12. Collapse Details

I went to the Chain of Wakes.. it was dirty nasty and spent my time idling thru chanels.. didn`t get my boating fill that`s for sure.
    Then i had to clean of the nasty seaweed and water marks of the boat..
    I like the lake a lot better.
    For good measure it seems I need a new battery and the handle of my trailer jack fell out.. so just more $$$$ flying out of my pocket

13. Collapse Details
    Pics of Memorial Weekend
    Got a few pics from Saturday thru Monday. Saturday of course started with the warehouse delight of scrubbing, etc to prep for water but the pics begin with our 1 hour pit stop at the infamous Citgo gas station in scenic Gary, IN where the Bad Influence clan are definitely celebrities. The common questions arose from the 100 people that stopped by to ask: How much does dat der boat cost, How fast will she go, can you sleep down there, one car with two local gals asked if they could climb in the back to see what it looked like down below, does it run on gas or kerosene (as we are sitting at the gas pump pumping 89 octane of course), and the best was "isn't that truck a little small to be pulling that house?????" Good stuff, several people getting pics taken and of course all we wanted was the launch ramp and a shower to scrape off all the warehouse grease that all the boys are ever so familiar with!!!! Few pics of my way over to Diversey with the skyline, apologize for quality but Iphone at about 45 MPH!!! No casualties other than the shots of Burnham where my daughter, Cdizzle and myself are towing in a broken down Chapparal to the boat launch!! Great time had by all, especially beautiful Monday night after storms quit, sun came out and it was a sheet of glass!!! Johnny had a little bit of fun too, we looked at each other at lunch Monday and said holidays are exhausting!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck and boat gas station.jpg   sunset boat.jpg   east chicago steel mills.jpg  

gas station 1.jpg   sunset city.jpg   bow skyline.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

Few more of the shots from Saturday night, it was beautiful, then some tied up with MM, Keither, Johnny, bunch of our buddies from BonV, and some friends from Kankakee area, last few are Monday with our new boat captains!!!! I think the Chapparal was a little scared being towed in by a 6 year old in a 45 footer, but they were still quite thankful!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sunset city.jpg   city sunset.jpg   mm and big j in play pen.jpg  

cdiz and eliz monroe.jpg   burnham harbor.jpg   eliz cruising navy pier.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

Great weekend for sure. My head hurts!

16. Collapse Details
    Did You
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Great weekend for sure. My head hurts!
    Bump it on something , " Like A Brown 12oz Bottle" .

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    Bump it on something , " Like A Brown 12oz Bottle" .
    something along those lines

18. Collapse Details

Exhausting? My, my...I HARDLY know what you mean, Mr. Hammer! Try this on for size...after having both truck and trailer problems the previous weekend, I was happy that AT LEAST the boat was still good. 7 hour tow down to LOTO was uneventful, thankfully. Put the boat in the water at PB2, and when I was idling over to the dock, I noticed that it was handling a little strangely. Then I noticed my port motor was running, but my prop wasn't spinning. Quick diagnosis: shifter cable is SHOT. After a couple panic phone calls to Dennis, we arrive at a plan, which I then execute. Pull the boat out of the water, disconnect the pin at the transom to disable the throw on the cable, pull the drive halfway off, and using an allen key and long needlenose pliers, throw the drive permanently into gear. So I have a crashbox that only goes forward on the port side, but at least I can run. After trying to back in to the docks at our condo a couple times, I just pulled in forward and called it good..thankfully it was a 40-foot slip. Party Cove the next day was good, as The Big Johnson made it easy on me and didn't try to get too far back into the mess. Sunday...we decide to run up the Gravois arm to a bar...there is a LOT of crap floating in the lake and my port motor starts to heat up. I accidently turned down the wrong cove, came to a stop, and decided to jump out and check to see if something was clogging my pickups. I raised the drives, jumped in, and felt...nothing. OK, no big deal...temps were high, but not overheating. Fired her up...and got NOTHING from the port drive again. Lifting the drives had pulled the cable and shifted it back into neutral. F#$%. We decided to idle to Franky and Louie's, where Eric was to meet us later anyway. Jayhawk Randy was our guest on board this weekend, and his 6-mo pregnant wife Janae was at the 4 Seasons getting a massage. She was good enough to come and get Randy and I (we left Michelle to have some drinks and watch the boat), drive us back to the condo to get the truck keys, go pick up the truck and trailer, drive to F & Ls (about an hour round trip), use the crappy dirt launch ramp to pull the boat, ask a local trailer denizen if we could use his driveway for a work area, pull the drive again and repeat the previous process. Put the boat back in, Randy drove the rig back to PB2 and had Janae pick him up, and Michelle and I ran the boat back. Basically...the day was screwed. However, we had a nice evening...and I drank some good rum. Monday, we went over to Backwater Jacks for lunch, all was good. Our guests took off, and we ran down into the State Park to drift and swim for a while. When I started the boat again and tried to get on plane, the port motor vapor-locked. Eventually, it started and ran fine. Went to Dog Days for dinner, and afterwards, the same thing happened. When it started again, we took a run down the lake and both of us started smelling gear lube...opened the hatch..the reservoir had come out of its holder and splashed it all over the bilge. Great. So...needless to say, I was ready to go home at this point. There were flashes of greatness for sure...both Hawks wins, Topsiders Friday night, the Cove, our wonderful guests, and my ever-positive wife...but I'm happy to be back!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Exhausting? My, my...I HARDLY know what you mean, Mr. Hammer! Try this on for size...after having both truck and trailer problems the previous weekend, I was happy that AT LEAST the boat was still good. 7 hour tow down to LOTO was uneventful, thankfully. Put the boat in the water at PB2, and when I was idling over to the dock, I noticed that it was handling a little strangely. Then I noticed my port motor was running, but my prop wasn't spinning. Quick diagnosis: shifter cable is SHOT. After a couple panic phone calls to Dennis, we arrive at a plan, which I then execute. Pull the boat out of the water, disconnect the pin at the transom to disable the throw on the cable, pull the drive halfway off, and using an allen key and long needlenose pliers, throw the drive permanently into gear. So I have a crashbox that only goes forward on the port side, but at least I can run. After trying to back in to the docks at our condo a couple times, I just pulled in forward and called it good..thankfully it was a 40-foot slip. Party Cove the next day was good, as The Big Johnson made it easy on me and didn't try to get too far back into the mess. Sunday...we decide to run up the Gravois arm to a bar...there is a LOT of crap floating in the lake and my port motor starts to heat up. I accidently turned down the wrong cove, came to a stop, and decided to jump out and check to see if something was clogging my pickups. I raised the drives, jumped in, and felt...nothing. OK, no big deal...temps were high, but not overheating. Fired her up...and got NOTHING from the port drive again. Lifting the drives had pulled the cable and shifted it back into neutral. F#$%. We decided to idle to Franky and Louie's, where Eric was to meet us later anyway. Jayhawk Randy was our guest on board this weekend, and his 6-mo pregnant wife Janae was at the 4 Seasons getting a massage. She was good enough to come and get Randy and I (we left Michelle to have some drinks and watch the boat), drive us back to the condo to get the truck keys, go pick up the truck and trailer, drive to F & Ls (about an hour round trip), use the crappy dirt launch ramp to pull the boat, ask a local trailer denizen if we could use his driveway for a work area, pull the drive again and repeat the previous process. Put the boat back in, Randy drove the rig back to PB2 and had Janae pick him up, and Michelle and I ran the boat back. Basically...the day was screwed. However, we had a nice evening...and I drank some good rum. Monday, we went over to Backwater Jacks for lunch, all was good. Our guests took off, and we ran down into the State Park to drift and swim for a while. When I started the boat again and tried to get on plane, the port motor vapor-locked. Eventually, it started and ran fine. Went to Dog Days for dinner, and afterwards, the same thing happened. When it started again, we took a run down the lake and both of us started smelling gear lube...opened the hatch..the reservoir had come out of its holder and splashed it all over the bilge. Great. So...needless to say, I was ready to go home at this point. There were flashes of greatness for sure...both Hawks wins, Topsiders Friday night, the Cove, our wonderful guests, and my ever-positive wife...but I'm happy to be back!
    Does this look like a man with that kind of worries?!

Even with the problems, we still had a great time! It was much better than sitting home and working! Thanks again for the hospitality. I can't believe you still had problems beyond that. Hopefully it's early season blues and it'll be over soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0008.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Thanks again Randy...it was great hanging with you guys! As I recall...that was only the first of 6 or 8 Sailor Jerry and Cokes...so my happiness was only starting at that point...