1. Collapse Details
    Where are these boats ?
    Registered
    There have been a number of boats over the years that seemed to have some importance and having some history but due to somewhat shady ownership they went away. Understand I'n not saying the current owners are shady !
    Examples ....
    1. The black Cigarette names "Longshot" I think. Once owned by Mr. Cashbrain. Where is it ?

2. The Cigarette Mistress once owner by Too Old. Where is it ?

3. The 39' white Sutphen also once owned by Too Old and involved in a #6 drive sale issue. I think he had some new power built for the boat but not installed. Where is it ?

ed

2. Collapse Details

Extra butter on mine please.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3litb002-med.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    Roger1,
    In no way am I trying to stir things up. I was just curious as those three boats have a history and we're discussed at times years ago and they all seemed good platforms.
    I know both the Cashbrain and TooOld history but just wondered if the boats are rotting away, being rebuilt/restored etc.. Nothing more.
    ed

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TCEd View Post
    Roger1,
    In no way am I trying to stir things up. I was just curious as those three boats have a history and we're discussed at times years ago and they all seemed good platforms.
    I know both the Cashbrain and TooOld history but just wondered if the boats are rotting away, being rebuilt/restored etc.. Nothing more.
    ed
    Jack Had Longshot 2 which was never raced I think Now where is the old Longshot Championship Boat at?
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

5. Collapse Details

registered
    Troutly's Formula?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
    Troutly's Formula?
    State of Minnesota??????????

7. Collapse Details

Loved Too Old's old Mistress...

8. Collapse Details

long shot was a cool ride..... thats a good question where it is.. maybe he still has it... its a 39 comp right????
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RebarBox View Post
    Loved Too Old's old Mistress...
    I remember when He bought that from a guy out here in long beach. Fred did a lot of work to it but it was already a nice piece. He got it for a smokin deal too. Like 20-25k or something close to it as I recall.

Its funny, I was going through a box the other day and found a trick marine sticker and his card.
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

10. Collapse Details

The Sutphen came back to michigan and i believe it is still sitting in the shop of the owner of Powerquest (Phil Hall)

My son towed it from Freds back here a few years ago

11. Collapse Details

Isn't longshot in the British Virgin Islands? I think the owners name is Collin

12. Collapse Details

Where did Rice Hauler end up now that the thieves were caught

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stecz20 View Post
    long shot was a cool ride..... thats a good question where it is.. maybe he still has it... its a 39 comp right????
    He sold Longshot quite awhile ago, and had a 38 Flatdeck a few years later.

Too Old's Mistress is owned by a guy on OSO that I believe goes by "Monty" if I can remember. He still posts pics of it from time to time, and it's still in top condition.

I can't remember the guy who bought the Sutphen, but it was somewhat parted out if I recall. It had new power & drives that Fred acquired for it, but never hit the water that I can remember.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    He sold Longshot quite awhile ago, and had a 38 Flatdeck a few years later.

Too Old's Mistress is owned by a guy on OSO that I believe goes by "Monty" if I can remember. He still posts pics of it from time to time, and it's still in top condition.

I can't remember the guy who bought the Sutphen, but it was somewhat parted out if I recall. It had new power & drives that Fred acquired for it, but never hit the water that I can remember.
    Monty boated out of the same marina that I do, he sold that boat and it went to New York. I think the guy goes my smokin mistress. He is on OSO for sure maybe here as well.

15. Collapse Details

The champion long shot is in the bvi and it is getting a full restoration at this time. I am the proud owner of it and i am taking good care of it, i ran it for two years and i love it. Jt ran 86 mph on gps with twin 675hp engines. When the restoration is done its getting twin 900hp. These are some pics of it from the last two years. Collin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_2441.JPG   DSC_2443.JPG  

16. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Anyone know of a triple V10 43 Donzi ZR??
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

17. Collapse Details

Too Old's Mistress is now owned by "Cigrocket" on OSO. It's been treating him real well. He upgraded the drives to Konrad's a few years back.

While working in Chicago last week, I ran into some guys who are friends of the gentleman with the other Longshot. From what they said, nothing has been done to it since purchased from cashbrain. It's residing in a building north of Chicago.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingCat View Post
    Where did Rice Hauler end up now that the thieves were caught
    Rice hauler was finally released from impound after the thieves were sentenced. They auctioned it off and a gentlemen from S. Florida bought it, fixed some things and put it up for sale on ebay. Don't know if it sold or not.

Collin, that cig is nice...What's the details on it? Any more pics?
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

19. Collapse Details

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    The champion long shot is in the bvi and it is getting a full restoration at this time. I am the proud owner of it and i am taking good care of it, i ran it for two years and i love it. Jt ran 86 mph on gps with twin 675hp engines. When the restoration is done its getting twin 900hp. These are some pics of it from the last two years. Collin.
    Carl Kiekhaefer Bought that hull and deck from Aronow he never touched it Billy Bought it from Carl and We rigged it for him With all Kiekhaefer Rigging ,Then some wild testing, Launch at Cigarette wide open down the cut to the Intercoastal then straight out Haulover into the Ocean never missing a beat whatever the seas were that big Cigarette ran pretty good. I am glad to see it is in Good hands.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.