1. Collapse Details
    575sci rebuilds finally complete... see details inside...
    Well, after my port motor wiped a cam lobe in august, we pulled both motors out and stripped them down to bare blocks. During the teardown process, I sent a oil sample out to see what my zinc numbers were for both motors. The numbers came back surprising low. 617 was the number for the port number and it was supposed to be just over twice that per Valvoline. I used to run the VR-1 20w50. Anyway, is it possible that the low zinc caused my failure, sure... but did it... I dunno. Anyway, with the rebuilds, I ended up doing the following:

New main bearings - Clevite 77 H series
    New rod bearings - Clevite 77 H series
    New cam bearings - Clevite 77
    New Hyd. Roller Cam - Marine Kenetics (Bob Madara)
    New GM Single Roller Timing Chain/Gear set
    New Morell Roller Lifters
    New Manton pushrods (New Lengths required)
    Full head rebuilds by Jim Valako w/ porting
    ECM Remapping by Precision Marine
    Felpro Hi-Perf Gaskets
    Breaking in with Joe Gibbs Racing Oil 20w50
    No need to re-ring.. leak down was 8% on port, 10% on STBD so I left them

Still loading pics but here is a link from Fridays shake down run from my Go Pro HD... first time using it. Took the video in 1080p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZFYTmX3UpM

I will follow up with an album location to show multiple pics of the rebuild process...

BTW, lake had large rollers on it Friday and we were taking ti easy... saw 4k rpm mostly but engines felt pretty strong. GREAT oil pressure... 60 psi across the board, temps were good, and no leaks. Motors have approx. 1 hour of run time on them since rebuild with ZERO problems. So far so good but we'll have to wait till spring to find out what she'll do on the high end mark. I think we'll be hitting the 100 mark but time will tell. May be looking for a set of great shape BRAVO34's and selling an extra set of my BRAVO 32's.... if anyone has any or is looking...

Well, thats it for now...

2. Collapse Details

Hey Todd....i've got two HP500's that need to be finished while your at it....LOL

3. Collapse Details

I'm on it! BUT.... you might not like by bill... need to recoup my funds from my build lol

4. Collapse Details

nice. How hard will that sonic run now????

5. Collapse Details

Probably as hard as the lunatic pushes it behind the wheel lol...

6. Collapse Details

Good job todd. looking forward to the picture album. Always like to see a guy do this work himself. You did your homework, and took it on. Kudos.

There's no doubt sending them out to a good builder isnt a bad move, but gets boring. love following projects like this. Good old fashioned do-it-yourself engine work.

Only thing i wish was playing with one on the dyno before install. I'd love to see how pulling a little timing out of your setup, and adding another 1-2psi of boost would work out and see what kind of numbers they're making. My guess is around 675-700 a side around 5500rpm with the chillers, psi increase, and new roller cam.....

7. Collapse Details

Joe,
    I have been compliling pics over the last few days, trying to figure out whats good and whats not. Should be done shortly. As far as doing it yourself... can't beat it! This way if your screw it up, no one else to blame! As far as the HP numbers, the 575sci is 550 at the prop, with the chiller is 650. Per Bob M, we are thinking that that cam/ECM upgrade along with porting, we should see 745 or so...

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    Joe,
    I have been compliling pics over the last few days, trying to figure out whats good and whats not. Should be done shortly. As far as doing it yourself... can't beat it! This way if your screw it up, no one else to blame! As far as the HP numbers, the 575sci is 550 at the prop, with the chiller is 650. Per Bob M, we are thinking that that cam/ECM upgrade along with porting, we should see 745 or so...
    If that's the case, gettin near that century mark should be doable!

I would imagine based on your cam specs and combo, probably want to prop for about 5400-5600 wot..?....

9. Collapse Details

You would be correct. Right now, I am spinning 32's at 5500 but thinking a set of labbed 34's might be needed. Wont be sure yet till we run next year but common sense tells me yes.