Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Inexpensive(CHEAP) seats??
    Since I am re doing my transom, and probably re configuring the cockpit, I am considering changing the seating in the Pantera. Custom seating is out of the question due to $$$. I have been considering adding 4 or 5 race style seats, either 2 in front, and 3 in the back or 2 and 2. I know the race guys like Sparco, but they are pricey, what do you guys think of these, made by the same company as Scat Cranks. I can get them for $119 each plus shipping.

http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_ProSports.asp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ProSports_62.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

They look great, just make sure all your passengers are skinny.

Are they waterproof?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Caincando1 View Post
    They look great, just make sure all your passengers are skinny.

Are they waterproof?
    They cant be as tight as the seats in ther now Not sure on waterproof, I have an e-mail into the company to see if they offer them in vinyl also, or should I just sport the velour bling

4. Collapse Details

Is it a true suspension seat or a bucket with a cover??
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

5. Collapse Details

IMO "race" seats look goofy in a boat, unless it's a race/canopy boat.

6. Collapse Details

There is a guy a know sporting bar stools for seats in his Mark Twain. You cannot make this stuff up. I agree with TIKI, not a fan of those types of seats unless it is a canopied race boat.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Is it a true suspension seat or a bucket with a cover??

It is probably just a bucket, this is on their site, and doesnt specify,but somehow I dont believe it applies to this seat.

http://www.procarbyscat.com/Anatomy.asp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails procarAnatomy_01.gif  

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TIKI View Post
    IMO "race" seats look goofy in a boat, unless it's a race/canopy boat.
    I agree....................somewhat, but ya cant beat the price for new seats??

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    There is a guy a know sporting bar stools for seats in his Mark Twain. You cannot make this stuff up. I agree with TIKI, not a fan of those types of seats unless it is a canopied race boat.
    Good idea for a fishin boat, or cruiser, but not in a 24x7 with low freeboard

10. Collapse Details

I have used beard and mastercraft before..not in boats, but the same type of violent environment... my butt liked them both.

11. Collapse Details

Any idea what the frames are made of? Or even if they have frames, or are just molded plastic?

And the description says "macimum support"? Guess that's code for maximum?

12. Collapse Details

I would also want to get a good look and sit in some before I bought... Some of the cheaper seats skimp on things like decent frame painting etc... since its a boat...you really dont want the metal frame rusting if the paint /powdercoat isn't up to par... Scat is a decent compnay, but they aren't above having them made in china either...

13. Collapse Details

i have been thinking of doing the same thing for my 24/7. i think something like that would work great.

14. Collapse Details

In a sit-down 24, you're probably going to want something with a bit more padding. And without seeing them this is a guess, but I'd thing they'd be constructed for the typical loads of an average car. That's going to be a fraction of what your boat may come across. And for $119, you can only expect so much.

15. Collapse Details

I have used beard and mastercraft before..not in boats, but the same type of violent environment... my butt liked them both.
    I was also thinking off road suspension seats. Some of the mastercraft knockoffs are pretty cheap, and they are vinyl, so that takes care of the cover.

I don't know how long the metal frames would last before rusting though. In salt water, I'd expect about 20 minutes.

16. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by McGary911 View Post
    And the description says "macimum support"? Guess that's code for maximum?
    "macimum support" is only if you're a "wntusiast."

They look like Corbeau knockoffs. It may be hard to notice from the pictures, but when they say "bucket", they mean it will really feel like you are sitting in a bucket. Look at the forward padding that would be right about under your thigh. It's raised about 3-4" above the seat bottom. Not comfortable AT ALL.

I don't recommend these. Dania Marine Flea Market is coming up, or just keep looking around for a better set of "boat" seats, even if you have to re-foam/re-cover.

17. Collapse Details

I would also want to get a good look and sit in some before I bought... Some of the cheaper seats skimp on things like decent frame painting etc... since its a boat...you really dont want the metal frame rusting if the paint /powdercoat isn't up to par... Scat is a decent compnay, but they aren't above having them made in china either...

All-steel frame is TIG-welded for strength and electrostatically coated for durability. High density injection-molded foam is used throughout for maximum comfort and support.

18. Collapse Details

Im sure Master craft and possibly Beard would make you a set with stainless frames, but they arent going to be $119

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    In a sit-down 24, you're probably going to want something with a bit more padding. And without seeing them this is a guess, but I'd thing they'd be constructed for the typical loads of an average car. That's going to be a fraction of what your boat may come across. And for $119, you can only expect so much.

That was my thought, but what I have now doesnt have much padding either. Wish their was someone local that carried them, so I could see/sit in one.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
    "macimum support" is only if you're a "wntusiast."

They look like Corbeau knockoffs. It may be hard to notice from the pictures, but when they say "bucket", they mean it will really feel like you are sitting in a bucket. Look at the forward padding that would be right about under your thigh. It's raised about 3-4" above the seat bottom. Not comfortable AT ALL.

I don't recommend these. Dania Marine Flea Market is coming up, or just keep looking around for a better set of "boat" seats, even if you have to re-foam/re-cover.
    Yeah, May be right. They also have these on clearance for $199

http://www.procarbyscat.com/closeouts/f-series.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails seats.jpg