1. Collapse Details
    vented loops/head
    Not quite sure where this belongs, other than in the toilet so asking it here.

For those with toilets on board with holding tanks and dockside pump out only, NO overboard discharge, (this makes a difference) and that also pull flush water from your freshwater tank. Not sure if that part matters.

Do you have a vented loop in the discharge hose?

Trying to understand why mine is equiped with one where it has no overboard discharge for no chance of sinking.

Thanks

2. Collapse Details

There should be no need for the loop in the discharge as long as the hose goes straight from the toilet to the holding tank. They may have figured that at some strange angle the toilet could be lower than the tank and siphon waste back, which is what a loop is put in to stop. Looking at your boat is it conceivable that the level of waste could get higher than the base of the toilet?

3. Collapse Details

The tank and toilet are both mounted on the same level, so the discharge hose does have a 2' rise to the top of the tank where it is connected, which means waste will always be higher than the base. Only time I see it a possibilty is if the tank is full to the max with the waste at same level as the connection fitting, though the joker valve should stop any siphoning, providing it is in good shape. But then there will always be some residue in that hose. Maybe if the tank had a drop pipe in it, I could understand the need for a vented loop, but not the case here. I'm trying to rid the loop, several feet of hose, and the slight odor associated with the use of a valve. I've emailed Jabscos tech line with no replies. Thanks

4. Collapse Details

If they are on the same level I would not do away with the loop, if you start a siphon on a full waste tank it could get nasty. Although it doesn't surprise me too much, Fountain should never have mounted the tank like that. I have had several friends with "luxury" type stuff on their Fountains that was done really questionably. I guess the emphasis is on a fast boat at a good price and "yacht" building is not their strong suit.

5. Collapse Details

Ahh, now you assumed this was on my Fountain, actually it's on my Baja cruiser.
    Thanks for the replies.

6. Collapse Details

Whoops, sorry, no offense. I didn't want to slam Fountain, they just don't seem to build well in that niche. My friend's 38 EC had garden hose feeding some of the faucets and what not, and the fill hose for the water tank had no clamps on it, you can imagine the mess it made when that came loose.