1. Collapse Details
    Bimini's and Camper Covers
    Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    How many of you have bimini's and camper covers?
    •_•_•____•_•_•

2. Collapse Details

They are very nice if you do alot of overnighting. I have never had a boat long enough to justify spending the money! It would be a BIG plus in my book if I bought and used boat and it came with one!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    They are very nice if you do alot of overnighting. I have never had a boat long enough to justify spending the money! It would be a BIG plus in my book if I bought and used boat and it came with one!
    Thats my thought too, Andy. I'd do some overnights if I had the camper cover. And having a bimini on crazy hot days would be nice to.
    •_•_•____•_•_•

4. Collapse Details

I just sold my Eliminator 19 Daytona--I've been buying classic jets and v-drives.

bimini's are awesome cause you always find people to raft up with and when you do the Women hop in your boat to drink their beer!

Before getting into the flat stuff...Was into basic runabouts, Stingray to Sea Ray Seville 18/19, etcetera. Windshields that jets and v drives lacked. I missed having camper covers here..........

Vancouver, BC we have rain, we've had think two days of clear sky this month. Camper cover would have let me use the Eliminator the last few weeks I owned her.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by poncho View Post
    Vancouver, BC we have rain, we've had think two days of clear sky this month. Camper cover would have let me use the Eliminator the last few weeks I owned her.
    Good point. I've always been a fair weather boater because I had nothing to duck under if a shower did pass by.
    •_•_•____•_•_•

6. Collapse Details

If you don't have a bimini in Florida you'll bake, the rental boat I had yesterday had none, I baked!
    Parabellum FJ²B

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    Michigan boater with April to October season mandates an enclosure.
    ed

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Good point. I've always been a fair weather boater because I had nothing to duck under if a shower did pass by.
    Its kinda like having a canopy. The early sun shots of Van during the Olympics--well it was good boat weather! They trucked in snow with dump trucks. Week latter rain but not cold enough to not be outdoors. If the eliminator had a windshield then it would be a usable canopy boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    If you don't have a bimini in Florida you'll bake, the rental boat I had yesterday had none, I baked!
    Jets and v-drive people always chase me down on river/lake. Check out the ride and offer free beer. Almost always turns into a few of us rafting or hanging on a beach. Putting a bimini just makes your boat the one Women want to hang out on!

Hence my joining this site cause want more free board and have pacific ocean to play on--I'll install both options if not all ready on the next one.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    What are you doing renting a boat?

10. Collapse Details

Had to tow my boat back to the marina!(broken steering cable) they only charged me 50 bucks plus gas and a tip. That's the second cable in 3 years.
    Parabellum FJ²B

11. Collapse Details

Good to hear it wasn't something worse!!

12. Collapse Details

I break one boat then break the other, it's breaking me !

I do need to get a bimini for the Monza, I bought one 5 years ago for 165 bucks, now they are 600 bucks !
    Parabellum FJ²B

13. Collapse Details

Never used a bimini. I have one of those anchorshades that came with the boat but I have never taken it out of the bag.
    www.blackduckcafe.net