• AnthonyG

Published on 03-09-2014 04:42 AM   
    Categories:
    1. Racing and Poker Runs
    2. On The Water News
    Article Preview

by SeriousOffshore

Most knowledgeable people agree with the basic concept, operating high speed powerboats carries a certain amount of danger. Based on recent experiences, the danger involved has been brought even more to the forefront than previously. What this series of articles will try to review, and possibly cause some intelligent thought and discussion about, is what has been the difference causing this increase of terrible consequences during the recent few years? And, more importantly, maybe some ideas of what could be done to improve the situation for the safety of all involved? In this first article we’ll visit the issues involving Offshore Racing because of the proximity to the OPA and SBI World Championships.

Offshore powerboat racing has been around since 1911, and there have been a total of 28 fatalities during its history of over 100 years of organized events.

However, 10 of those deaths have occurred ...
    Published on 02-08-2013 02:36 AM
    Categories:
    1. Racing and Poker Runs
    Article Preview

by Steve David

The Joy of a performance boating website that seeks out the good in what we all enjoy.

Let me admit that I am a boating addict. I have lived on the water most of my 58 years and have been boating for 52 of those. For the past 43 years I have been racing. But before we go there, it is the boating part, not just the racing, which makes the whole maritime experience a joy. It has never been a matter of whose boat was cooler, or more expensive or bigger. There will always be faster, bigger, prettier, louder, etc. boats than yours or mine, and that is fine. I have as much fun dinking around the shallows of the Abacos in our 11’ Boston ...
    Published on 10-16-2012 03:53 AM
    Categories:
    1. Member Spotlight
    Article Preview

with Mark Underwood

Our member Underdog88, Mark Underwood, has achieved amazing results without spending amazing sums. Not only has he turned heads with what he has accomplished with his boat, but the extremely interesting (and strictly budgeted) way he has done this reminds all of us what can be attained when someone with smarts, a strong desire, and intense drive puts their mind to it. This first story has been a pleasure to work on with Mark and Becky, and certainly deserves to be the leader of our Member Spotlights. Congratulations to Mark and Becky for being the first in this section of our Inside Magazine!! Sit back and enjoy…..

Serious: Tell us a little history how you became involved with boating.
    Mark: Like most boaters, as a child, we spent a lot of time on boats with my parents. My older sister moved to Florida at age 19 and bought a 22 foot sailboat and lived on it. Over the years she worked her way up to a 52 foot Chris Craft in the front row at Marina Jacks in Sarasota, still my favorite place on earth.

My brother ...