• The Inside

Published on 11-10-2011 12:38 AM
    Categories:
    1. Racing and Poker Runs
    Article Preview

by Serious Offshore

There are many descriptions for this class of race boat around the world. In the Middle East it’s X Cat. In Australia and New Zealand they’re called Superboat Lite. In the US we call them Superboat Stock. But no matter where in the world they are, they run by the same rules; 2.5 Liter Mercury Outboards at about 280HP; 28 to 32 feet, twin hulled, closed cockpit, carbon fiber, catamarans. The longer boats carry more minimum weight to offset the improved lift and handling ...
    Published on 11-10-2011 12:36 AM
    Categories:
    1. Marine Tech
    Article Preview

by SeriousOffshore

If you’re putting it in the fuel tank of your boat and running it through your very expensive engines, it’s probably a good idea to know what’s in it. And more importantly, what it does. You don’t have to be a chemist to have a basic understanding of what’s in some of these products and what they’ll do in your fuel system- good or bad.
    Below is a list of selected fuel system additive and gas treatment products that may be used by engine owners to prevent, improve or correct fuel system issues.

Now that E10 gas has widespread distribution, many products which once were safe when used in conventional non-alcohol fuel, ...
    Published on 11-10-2011 12:33 AM
    Categories:
    1. Racing and Poker Runs
    2. On The Water News
    Article Preview

by Paul "Ratickle" Rose

As many of you know, one of my favorite classes is SVL. There are a couple of reasons, including the camaraderie of the class and the competitiveness of the boats and teams. These teams will race to win during the day, and have dinner together at night. The part that amazes me is that during the dinner they will not only share the usual stories (fibs?), about how they happened to be better or worse than the other boats, they will also share items that may have helped them win or place on the podium. ...
    Published on 11-10-2011 12:31 AM
    Categories:
    1. Racing and Poker Runs
    2. Historical
    Article Preview

by Paul "Ratickle" Rose

20 years ago, (actually in September 1990 but 20 sounds better) one of the individual's I admired most in this sport, Howard Arneson, took his 32 foot Skater catamaran and ran the 1039 miles form New Orleans to St. Louis. Not only did he accomplish this run faster than anyone had ever done before, he averaged 81.92 mph running the distance in 12 hours and 40 minutes. The previous record he was trying to beat? 20 hours and 16 minutes….

Published on 11-09-2011 12:54 AM
    Categories:
    1. Racing and Poker Runs
    2. Clubs and Destinations
    3. Historical
    Article Preview

by SeriousOffshore

Being a transfer from the West Coast to the “North Coast” was quite a shock when it first happened. Luckily, shortly after arriving, I met some people who had a lot of the same interests I did. To put it shortly, Fast Cars, Fast Boats, and Beautiful Women. (I won’t ever say Fast Women, but I was single when I moved here).

Well, after getting to know the boating group around West Michigan somewhat, in 1996 there was a Poker Run hosted by Pier 33, a large dealership in St. Joe.
    Published on 11-09-2011 12:45 AM
    Categories:
    1. Historical
    2. On The Water News
    Article Preview

by serious admin

What individual has influenced the industry and sport of offshore powerboating more than any other?
    Is it Reggie? Aronow? Kiehaefer? Maybe.

There have been so many who have passed through the world of offshore and more than a few have made their marks. And sometimes they left a few dents. Most of us in some form have had this debate with our friends. And most likely you have a few personal favorites, and maybe even someone you admire ...
    Published on 11-09-2011 12:44 AM
    Categories:
    1. Member Spotlight
    2. On The Water News
    Article Preview

by serious admin

People make things like this happen. And we’re fortunate enough to have a crew made up of some pretty decent one’s.

Driving this new effort is our Publisher, Paul Rose. Most of you know Paul from his many years of activities on the various internet message boards and as one of the founder’s of SeriousOffshore. Paul is a management consultant by day and is known to most of his friends in the sport as “Mr. SVL”, stemming from
    Published on 11-09-2011 12:43 AM
    Categories:
    1. On The Water News
    Article Preview

by seriousadmin

We are very proud to launch our new SeriousOffshore Newsmagazine.

Three years ago, the forum website SeriousOffshore.com was born. The idea then was to build a place where people could come and enjoy themselves with other offshore powerboating enthusiasts. A place where they could come and relax, sharing their interests and friendships in a relaxed and hassle free environment. This newest step for us is nothing more than an extension of that idea.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9