• Skater Outboard Fun Run, Edition Three

The Skater Outboard Fun Run in Sarasota, Edition Three, took place this past week. Beautiful boats in a beautiful setting. Home base, the Hyatt Regency in Sarasota. Nice hotel with a great location. With Skaters out front, an awesome view from the rooms too.

On Thursday, day one for several of the early arrivers but not the official beginning of the third annual event, a fun run and some lunch at The Shore on Longboat Key seemed like a really good plan.

Then off to Beer Can Island for some quality sun and sand visitation for catching up.

After some made outstanding progress on awesome sunburns, back to the Hyatt for relaxing and dinner.

Friday's official beginning of the event was to begin with a run from the Hyatt at 10:00 AM. Official Fun Run shirts were on display

Then, with the helicopter loaded with Pete Boden of Shoot 2 Thrill Pix, the run began. Big Smile!

As the boats went through the inlet to the Gulf outside, the water was a bit sporty. However, even though some turned back, some headed out anyway. After all, even though these are some of the smallest Skater's made, they are still Skaters! Pete should be putting up some great action shots.

As the boats made their way into the Manatee River heading for lunch at the Riviera Dunes we were able to get some passing shots.

Lunch at the Riviera.

Boden was there to get the group shot before they left for the run back to the Hyatt, or elsewhere for some fun.

Then some bridge shots as the Skater's passed under the Manatee Bridge between Perico Island and Anna Maria Island heading back to the Hyatt.

Weather would play a roll in the Saturday plans, had to do some shorter runs and no helicopter, but as Chris Lamorte stated, "Another great time at the 3rd annual Skater Outboard Fun Run. Ron Muller did a great job putting it all together. We got to run these boats in the gulf again in some big water where they belong. Great group of friends having a great time with some great boats. I look forward to the 4th annual next year".

It was Chris and Quinn's son Lucas's 1st annual run, but we are fairly positive it will be his second next year. The only question, how long before he wants his own Skater? He's already dressed properly!

More shots and updates will follow. Hope you enjoy.

Link to Shoot 2 Thrill
    Comments 29 Comments
      Ratickle -
      Thanks to Chris Lamorte!!

Serious News -
      Serious News -
      Serious News -
      Serious News -
      Skater 36 -
      here's the full video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSEhAgyxGZc
      Skater 36 -
      Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
      We had such a great time. Chris throttled for lunch run Friday. David and I ran around Thursday and Saturday. All the tracks on GPS made navigating easy for me.

Met a number of people and learned a few back stories on my boat and Troys boat.

Already looking forward to next gathering.

Cheers
      thanks for letting me throttle Jim , I had a great time. and the boat came out great and runs amazing , enjoy it and I hope we can do it again next year.
      MOBILEMERCMAN -
      I hope so too
      Ratickle -