• Perfect Offshore Water? Rock the Coast 2020 Delivers!

Whether it's an offshore race, a poker run, or just a day out running with friends, perfect offshore water is tough to come across. Saturday's Rock The Coast run delivered. 92 boats were registered, I think most made it even though there was a wave advisory sent out on Saturday morning with a forecast of 3 to 5's.

Sometimes the water is way to smooth to have fun in the bigger offshore hulls, sometimes to rough for the smaller offshore hulls to have a good day. But, this Saturday, Lake Michigan gave one of those days where the elements cooperated to where the bigger boats could challenge themselves, and the smaller boats could still run and challenge themselves too. It looked a lot like this;

Wicked Won, 41 Saber, Running Hard

28 PowerPlay Running Hard

It was good water to get some nice air shots of those running hard.

Heading out from Grand Haven, this tiki hut pontoon reminder us of the ones anchored around areas of the Caribbean where it was always easy to pull up and grab a sandwich and a drink.

The water may have been a bit too rough for some of the little guys. I didn't see this couple make the run to Saugatuck.

And, it may have been a bit too calm to get a great air shot of Craig's Searay. Either that or he was going too damn slow again.

The Red Lighthouse at the end of the Grand Haven Channel is always recognizable. And, it always looks better with an offshore boat running in front of it.

The boats left Grand Haven, went to Saugatuck, back to Holland, then to Port Sheldon for a bit of time relaxing. Unfortunately, they all had to split a bit earlier than had been hoped because of storms rolling in. From the feedback I got, most made it back to Grand Haven before the downpour hit. All in all, a great day for performance boating. We cannot imagine how good it could have been with no Covid19 screwing things up. But, overall, awesome.

Rafting up at Port Sheldon. Many boats were still coming in.

More photos and updates following as gone through. Add your photos and vids anytime.
    Comments 24 Comments
      Serious Offshore -
      Thanks to Todd and Sherie for providing the great photo platform!!

Serious Offshore -
      Serious Offshore -
      Serious Offshore -
      Serious Offshore -
      Serious Offshore -
      Serious Offshore -
      Serious Offshore -
      Serious Offshore -
      Serious Offshore -
      Serious Offshore -
      Nauti Kitty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Serious Offshore View Post
      Thanks Paul for the fun pic
      Ratickle -
      You made a great pass!!! I could make an entire thread of your pass pics.....

Nauti Kitty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
      You made a great pass!!! I could make an entire thread of your pass pics.....

Love to see some of them when you can
      Todd has my info
      Pete B -
      Did you leave the protective film on the lens??
      Ratickle -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
      Did you leave the protective film on the lens??
      You're supposed to remove that?

Then the lens might get damaged!
      Serious Offshore -
      Serious Offshore -
      Serious Offshore -
      Serious Offshore -