• Tracy "Wrinkleface" Nemecek, RIP Bud

Lost one of my best friends Sunday, someone whom many of you also knew as a good friend. Tracy "Wrinkleface" Nemecek passed away Sunday afternoon after a few days in the hospital. He had fallen and hit his head hard. It caused internal hemorrhaging, which they could not correct in time. I had just spoken with him a couple days before the accident. I am sure gonna miss the crazy guy, as many of you will also. I'm putting up some pictures of different times in his life that we had the opportunity to share. I hope all of you add thoughts and pictures.

Tracy and Connie's Nor-Tech 47 with twin Ilmor's

Way back, even though we had chatted on-line on Offshore Only, then on Serious Offshore after we started the new site, we did not meet Wrink and Connie until Key West, 2009. That was the first time we spotted his unique style of dress

The 43 Nor-Tech with triple 525's Wrink had when we first met.

Did I say "Unique" style of dress?

So one year, at the Boyne Thunder poker run, Brooks comes up with the great idea of a bunch of us who were Wrink's friends to dress in the "Unique" Wrink style. He was a bit surprised to say the least. A picture that will live in infamy.......

One of Wrink's greatest enjoyments was helping the kids of Camp Quality through his association with Boyne Thunder. Every year he would donate boat rides to childrern, and their families, who may of never had an opportunity to have that kind of an experience.

Here is a quote from Wrink after he gave Parker a ride, and actually let him drive, at one event.

"Parker, 1 of the Camp Quality kids wheel'n the NT as Connie throttled & Doc T sported as port side ballast! Priceless! Look at that young mans face!!!If that doesn't get ya, U need help!!!!" Tracy Wrinkleface

For many years he was one of the Boyne Thunder poker run's key personnel, gave the rides, did a pre-run speech, and was a Pace boat/Patrol boat.

REO Speedwagon was his favorite group, and we went to watch them several times with Wrink and Connie. This was one time in Vegas.

The wedding was a very special event. They were an outstanding match as a couple. We feel so sorry for Connie and what she is going through. Obviously many of us will be there to help in any way she needs it.

"Roll'n w/the Changes" said it all for Wrink.

A couple months ago on Valentines Day.

I am really gonna miss the guy. When he walked in the room, everyone knew about his arrival in a very short period of time as many of you know. And how many times, when he called and you were unable to answer, did you get the message with the "Punk" or "Asshole", "Answer your phone"!

As you think about it, and remember some of the times you had talking and running around with Wrink, please add your thoughts and photos to this thread. I'm going to follow with some pictures and thoughts myself of times we had to visit with Wrink and Connie. He may be gone, but he will certainly never be forgotten.
    Comments 35 Comments
      Ratickle -

Tracy at Boyne not having any fun.....
      Ratickle -
      New Year's Eve in Vegas

Ratickle -
      A very unique style on some occasions....

Ratickle -
      This is what happens when you lose a bet to a Cheesehead on a Packers/Lions football game.....

Ratickle -
      The morning of the wedding heading up to lunch.

Ratickle -
      The wedding

Ratickle -
      The reception.

Ratickle -
      Trying to get arrested in Vegas.

Ratickle -
      The crazy guy, along with my wife, jumped off the Stratosphere in Vegas! (Connie and I did not.)

Ratickle -
      Here he was sharing a cigar with Hunter at the Boyne Thunder charity auction.

Ratickle -
      Hanging with Phragle

Ratickle -
      Dressed to the nines!

Ratickle -
      He and Connie the first run after the new Nor-Tech was delivered with the Ilmors

Ratickle -
      Really gonna miss the guy. I'll look up some more pics in the next few days. I hope you share yours.

sonicss31 -
      Can’t really remember how I first got “in touch” with Tracy? Was either here or Boatfreaks but what an infectious kind of guy he was. Sometimes his phone calls at the most inconvenient times were in fact annoying but if I ignored his call and listened to his messages, he always called me Linus, I felt bad a returned his call. We would talk for what seemed like forever, with him doing most of the talking about mostly his love of the “boys”. God how he loved those dogs. When I finally met in person last year at Boyne Thunder it was like we had been best friends forever. I’m going to miss you Tracy. Your friend, Charlie Brown.
      drpete3 -
      So many stories w him. Here is an old video of him in Vegas

https://youtu.be/6GhzGuDO7W8
      drpete3 -
      Blue Oval -
      Going to miss him at the Lake Charlevoix raft ups.
      Blue Oval -
      Attachment 92424 Some pics from the CBBC page.
      fund razor -
      I was falling asleep last night and my phone rang. I didn't look at the number, but something told me not to check it. I knew it was something I did not want to hear. Turns out it was Paul with the news. I was right. It was not something I wanted to hear. I met Wrink on OSO but first actually met him at his house in Charlevoix in 2007. I was like "Holy ****. This guy stalks REO Speedwagon." lol. Same time I met A few people I consider friends now, including Blue Oval. Fast forward fifteen years and his old silver "Boo" Malibu is sitting in my driveway as our second car. Hand me down of sorts. And I just got the smell of the dog out.

My thoughts are with Connie.

Rest easy Bubba.