PDA

View Full Version : Michigan, where has this guy been hiding?

08-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Ok, this is worth every MINUTE (ONLY 4) to watch this! AND IT ONLY has HAD 83,000 views.
it was taken inside Congress with a Congressman. YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS.and YOU
MUST PASS THIS ON!!!

THIS IS IMPERATIVE EVERYONE SEE THIS!! IT WAS TAKEN OFF THE VIDEO TAPES OF
THE FLOOR OF OUR NATIONAL LEGISLATURE.
PLEASE GET THIS OUT TO EVERYONE!!!

CLICK HERE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G44NCvNDLfc&feature=player_embedded

insanity
08-31-2009, 11:59 PM
1:26 into it and I already like his style. Where is his district in MI?

Playn
09-01-2009, 12:05 AM
He is the 8th district representative (my district) and lives in Brighton, MI. Definately one of the good guys.

DAREDEVIL
09-01-2009, 12:38 AM
I hate to tell u ,,he is wrong with 1 thing but right in all the others.
The 1 thing is ( WHERE DO WE HAVE A MIDDLE CLASS ) this country has either rich or poor.
I am one of the poor ones by the way.:(
Other then that ,,,he is absolutley right !!!!!!!:USA:

Buoy
09-01-2009, 12:57 AM
WOW!!
I like this guy!
Where can I find out more about him and what he stands for?
If he is speaking from the heart, I would certainly support him.

clayinaustin
09-01-2009, 01:02 AM
I wish him good luck in his fight.

Ratickle
09-01-2009, 06:56 AM
He's semi okay, but a politician.

He definitely pushed the cash for clunkers and the extra 2 billion on the same program. It was a popular program in Michigan so he was all for it. Even though, as amended, everyone knew more money would go to foreign corporations than American. Plus they were estimating $50 million just to administer the first Billion dollars.

phragle
09-01-2009, 11:32 AM
He's semi okay, but a politician.

He definitely pushed the cash for clunkers and the extra 2 billion on the same program. It was a popular program in Michigan so he was all for it. Even though, as amended, everyone knew more money would go to foreign corporations than American. Plus they were estimating $50 million just to administer the first Billion dollars.

So your saying he was or wasn't doing his job? being elected to represent Mi, and Mi set to benefit from Clunkers, I would expect him to be in favor of it, thats who he represents. The hill has no at large members, every member is on a mission to represent the people that voted for them (well their supposed to be, self interest usually prevails)

Ratickle
09-01-2009, 11:42 AM
So your saying he was or wasn't doing his job? being elected to represent Mi, and Mi set to benefit from Clunkers, I would expect him to be in favor of it, thats who he represents. The hill has no at large members, every member is on a mission to represent the people that voted for them (well their supposed to be, self interest usually prevails)

I'm saying he will do what's good for him, even if it is at the expense of us all. Long term, the predictions from the so called experts, the cash for clunkers program will cause much more harm than good. Estimates have gone as high as 17% of those who purchased can't afford the payments. The future sales will go way below what they would have been because buyers will wait for the "next" stimulous to buy cars from the government. The price of used cars has been driven up by the shortage created by the destruction of good used vehicles. And the price of new cars was kept closer to the sticker price because of the programs $4500 causing a shortage on the lots.

I certainly think the estimated $2000 per car paperwork pricetag for us is excessive.

But, any way you look at it, it was a program which took money from all those who pay taxes, and gave it to a select few of those who wanted a new car, to benefit those who were in danger of losing their jobs, by a government who caused the problem in the first place.

Playn
09-02-2009, 01:21 AM
WOW!!
I like this guy!
Where can I find out more about him and what he stands for?
If he is speaking from the heart, I would certainly support him.

I don't agree with him on everything but he is spot on more often than not. His website is http://mikerogers.house.gov/Default.aspx