PDA

View Full Version : Loto --- Next year

gerritm
08-31-2009, 02:50 PM
A bunch of us from Topps Clear Lake and the Houston area are thinking about going to Loto next year for the shootout. I have been there many years ago with my ski boat, but it has been awhile. What should we expect? We have heard the water Police are thick. None of us have mufflers on our boats cause there are no noise restrictions here. I am not worried about drinking and boating or safety checks, but none of us want to have the expense of installing mufflers for one event. What is the real story on this. It would be no fun to go and have hassles everywhere we went. Loto was one of my favorite lakes. What are some websites to find condos or motels to rent on the water. Any other info would be helpful.:confused:

Tommy Gun
08-31-2009, 03:05 PM
VRBO is a good place to look for home or condo rentals.

http://www.vrbo.com/?cid=P_US_T_G_3634_Lake%20Ozark%20condo%20rentals_B

There are noise restrictions but I did not personally see anyone stopped for a noise violation this weekend. Those registered for the shootout were exempt so I think they were lax on enforcement this weekend. Regardless you can register for the shootout whether you run or not for $25 as cheap insurance against a noise ticket.

duckcommander
08-31-2009, 04:35 PM
shootout weekend is exempt for noise

Ratickle
08-31-2009, 05:00 PM
shootout weekend is exempt for noise

I'm sure this year it was only if you were registered to run. Don't know about prior years.

Ratickle
08-31-2009, 05:01 PM
And welcome......:seeya:

Quinlan
08-31-2009, 05:45 PM
No hassles to me and my NEW chit is freakin LOUD!!!
Had a Blast.

And Tommy Gun is one VERY SWEET RIDE!!!

Party cove is dead I guess. Cant leave there without getting pulled over.

duckcommander
08-31-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm sure this year it was only if you were registered to run. Don't know about prior years.

New thing started this year, they say registered to run so just tell them you are.:) didnt hear of anybody getting hastled.

DC

carter38
08-31-2009, 11:24 PM
I had one sitting right at the marina when I left. He just waved and we went on dry cmi's.

Bad Idea Baja
09-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Party cove is dead I guess. Cant leave there without getting pulled over.

Oh, well that just breaks my heart. :ack2: PC is a bit played out in my opinion.

Ok, back on topic. You Texas boys just jet them WP fellers know you are from Texas & you'll be left alone. There was some LOUD stuff there this last weekend & I heard of not one person being hassled for noise.

If you really want some excellent "local" LOTO info, check out midwestboatparty.com