PDA

View Full Version : Serious people

phragle
08-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Just an observation, over the last year I have met many from here. We all have boating being a common thread, but it seems to go much deeper. almost instantly upon meeting anyone of us, it's like a friendship that has been there for years. Whether it's working on a boat, bar-b-qing, drinking, boating etc.. the camaraderie abounds. we have some incredible knowledge here, but we also have some seriously good people! In the end, this is what makes us different from the other places.

clayinaustin
08-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Stop it! I'm getting all teary eyed! :p

Davidmnc
08-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Yea.......................cut it out you big lug you!

phragle
08-17-2009, 11:55 AM
maybe I didn't phrase that right..it's not teary eyed sentimentalism type statement, it's a raise you glass and let out a drunken hell yeah type of statement.....

Ted
08-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Hell yea!!!

ChiefApache
08-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Ditto all around what you're saying Rob!!!!!

Never met David in my life yet he got a hug immediately. And he's not the first. :sifone:

Ratickle
08-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Hell Yeah and Cheers!!!!!!!:26: :03: :26:

Gladhe8er
08-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Yeah...and there aren't many/any d!ckheads over here!

Offshoredrillin
08-17-2009, 01:24 PM
oh yes I am :D...lol

Bobcat
08-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Quality dickheads, not quauntity !:sifone:

catastrophe
08-17-2009, 01:29 PM

What?????????? Did Stecz leave?

Big Time
08-17-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm looking forward to meetin' everyone (who I haven't already) down at the worlds. Is there going to be any formal Serious gathering? Then we can all raise a glass and give a hell yeah! If not, we should all pick a date/time/place to meet up.

Bobcat
08-17-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm looking forward to meetin' everyone (who I haven't already) down at the worlds. Is there going to be any formal Serious gathering? Then we can all raise a glass and give a hell yeah! If not, we should all pick a date/time/place to meet up.

it's going to happen, we are ironing out the fine details:)

Gladhe8er
08-17-2009, 02:12 PM
it's going to happen, we are ironing out the fine details:)

We'll bring the Cougar Cub down for you to putt around in and do some free advertising for us!

Gladhe8er
08-17-2009, 02:13 PM
What?????????? Did Stecz leave?

The guy's been obsolete for years. Kinda forgot about him:sifone:

Ratickle
08-17-2009, 02:15 PM
We'll bring the Cougar Cub down for you to putt around in and do some free advertising for us!

I want to make one thing perfectly clear. There will be no putting in boats by any Serious Offshore member, except in no wake zones.......:sifone:

Trim'd Up
08-17-2009, 02:29 PM
You haven't met me.:sifone:

Boss252
08-17-2009, 02:37 PM
I agree I have only met a few and would really like to meet more members Hears to all of us:cheers2:

fund razor
08-17-2009, 02:44 PM

Never met David in my life yet he got a hug immediately. And he's not the first. :sifone:

I wasn't the first either, was I? :D

fund razor
08-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Just an observation, over the last year I have met many from here. We all have boating being a common thread, but it seems to go much deeper. almost instantly upon meeting anyone of us, it's like a friendship that has been there for years. Whether it's working on a boat, bar-b-qing, drinking, boating etc.. the camaraderie abounds. we have some incredible knowledge here, but we also have some seriously good people! In the end, this is what makes us different from the other places.

Agree. It really has been fun meeting lots of SOS people, yourself included. And I think that I have done all of those things with you this year.

Thanks again for not puking on my couch. You are good people. :)

We should have another Toledo party after the boats are parked. Seems like we are a good middle ground between the Michigan folks and the East enders.

Bobcat
08-17-2009, 02:53 PM

I told you I was peeing in that photo! !!! bring it down!:sifone:

Wrinkleface
08-17-2009, 03:06 PM

NO!!!!:beatdeadhorse5:

MattBMiller
08-17-2009, 03:09 PM
We should have another Toledo party after the boats are parked. Seems like we are a good middle ground between the Michigan folks and the East enders.

Sounds good to me

Bobcat
08-17-2009, 03:16 PM
NO!!!!:beatdeadhorse5:

I meant the boat !:sifone:

inbetween
08-17-2009, 03:26 PM

Bobcat's porch 4:15pm everyday:biggrinjester:

Trim'd Up
08-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Bob, you better stock up on beer. ;)

Bobcat
08-17-2009, 04:13 PM
blatz light

inbetween
08-17-2009, 05:06 PM
blatz light

Are you sure we're worthy?

fund razor
08-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Are you sure we're worthy?

It's his front porch. Serving Blatz Light makes it's own revenge. :o

Gladhe8er
08-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Hey Bobcat, if your porch is closer to the bars than the Galleon, you may find me passed out there when you wake up in the morning...

Bobcat
08-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Hey Bobcat, if your porch is closer to the bars than the Galleon, you may find me passed out there when you wake up in the morning...

about 1.3 miles, where as the galleon is about 200 yds !:sifone:

Gladhe8er
08-17-2009, 05:25 PM
about 1.3 miles, where as the galleon is about 200 yds !:sifone:

That would make it all the more funnier.

Davidmnc
08-17-2009, 05:29 PM

And all this time I thought you were a virgin! :willy_nilly: *huger that is*

03darkshadow
08-17-2009, 05:38 PM

experienced, huh? :biggrinjester:

cigdaze
08-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Without a doubt, we represent the cream of the crop. It's our people, all of you fine folks, that make this a great place to be.

Dude! Sweet!
08-17-2009, 08:21 PM
I've met that Dude! Sweet! Guy before. He's a total wang! :sifone:

Scarab KV
08-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Was Rob on the Kool-Aid last weekend?

Kidding a side. Looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends. Now if I can just recognize them without their Avs:D

Trim'd Up
08-17-2009, 08:37 PM

Kidding a side. Looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends. Now if I can just recognize them without their Avs:D
I might have my "av" with me.:sifone:

Tommy Gun
08-17-2009, 08:59 PM

Bad Pizza...like Jerry Maguire

Scarab KV
08-17-2009, 09:06 PM
I might have my "av" with me.:sifone:

Show off:biggrinjester:

Buoy
08-17-2009, 09:35 PM
I have to agree with you Rob.
Every one of the people I've had a chance to meet from here has turned out to be great people. I haven't been let down once.
It's nice to know that at least the people I've met, have lived up to their online persona, or even exceeded it.

WMF
08-18-2009, 12:43 AM
oh yes I am :D...lol

I must say if anyone meets Rob(offshoreDrillin) He is a real dick!!:rofl: but he is good at spraying you down with sun block!:kiss: you know I love ya!!!:sifone: Rob!!

MarylandMark
08-18-2009, 08:14 AM
I haven't been let down once.

You mean I get to be the 1st? :26:

I'm much more fun in real life than online; esp after the first 10 drinks. What I'm trying to say but more importantly how I am trying to say some thing doesn't always come out correctly on these keyboard things.

Warning if you pass out at Bobcats- recent reports show the backscratchula is alive and well; that is as in alive and moving on it's own very well.

ChiefApache
08-18-2009, 09:03 AM
I wasn't the first either, was I? :D

Nope LOL!

ChiefApache
08-18-2009, 09:06 AM

No, not the Kool-Aid. But he, David and the Captain all got along well. :)

Edward R. Cozzi
08-18-2009, 09:07 AM
I love being at an event and spotting an SOS or OSO t-shirt. I even met Jayboat at the Sunny Isles race and LIKED him!

Ms PatriYacht
08-18-2009, 09:08 AM
QUOTE=fund razor;297348]
We should have another Toledo party after the boats are parked. Seems like we are a good middle ground between the Michigan folks and the East enders.[/QUOTE]

Great Idea, maybe around the 10/17 most of the boats will be put away and it's a few weeks from the worlds. I suggest we have it at one of the boat clubs, drinks are cheap, and their business will be slowing down and we can probably get them to do a relatively inexpensive dinner for us. Riverview could be a good place. You know me I love setting up a party
:party: :grouphug: :cheers2:

you know we really need a smillie with a wine glass or a Mojito glass, or one of each:biggrinjester:

fund razor
08-18-2009, 10:25 AM
That is a pretty good idea, and most of us are AYC members around here. An AYC club would be perfect. One of the Maumee River clubs would be nice that time of year because of the colors.

cosmic12
08-18-2009, 10:47 AM

I agree and I wish I didn't have to get home from Ohio last week so I could have stayed around the Chief and met you guys that showed for the party.
I can't believe I missed that:(
But I had a great time while I was there and next week I hope to be meeting up with the infamous Bouy (Tim) as I will be in the heat of Tuson.
I raise my glass to all:cheers2::cheers2:

jayboat
08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
I love being at an event and spotting an SOS or OSO t-shirt. I even met Jayboat at the Sunny Isles race and LIKED him!

Mutual, Ed. Amazing how that works, ain't it? :sifone:

I always try to introduce myself to anyone I see wearing an OSO shirt (so far, I'm the only person I've seen wearing SOS. :ack2: )

I think what phraggy is talking about with this thread is that even online, forums offer a method of relationship-building (even possible with republicans) because, over time, you can learn a whole lot about a person without ever meeting them face-to-face. When you finally do meet the details are out of the way. :)

This was very evident to me during my recent visit to E-dock. Even though I knew several of the guys already, I felt like I knew all of them the minute I stepped on the dock.

ChiefApache
08-18-2009, 11:41 AM
I agree and I wish I didn't have to get home from Ohio last week so I could have stayed around the Chief and met you guys that showed for the party.
But I had a great time while I was there and next week I hope to be meeting up with the infamous Bouy (Tim) as I will be in the heat of Tuson.

Although I haven't met Tim personally, I have spoken to him a few times and been internet buddies for 5 years?? Wow.

Ms PatriYacht
08-18-2009, 12:36 PM
That is a pretty good idea, and most of us are AYC members around here. An AYC club would be perfect. One of the Maumee River clubs would be nice that time of year because of the colors.

I have not been there yet, but someone was raving about how nice the Maumee Bay Club is and their great view from their upper deck. Have you been there?

DonziGirl
08-18-2009, 12:37 PM
I feel the same way with most people I've met. I know a lot of the Donzi.net people from our event every year and consider most of them friends even though I only see them once a year.

There is one person though that I'm just not sure about that I've met from a boating forum. That Tony. Not sure why I'm getting married to him :D

Wrinkleface
08-18-2009, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=jayboat;298143]

I'm the only person I've seen wearing SOS. :ack2: )

That's cuz U have not been 2 Michigan!!!:biggrinjester:

phragle
08-18-2009, 12:46 PM
riverview, oryc.... both within stumbling distance.... I like that :)

fund razor
08-18-2009, 12:52 PM
I have not been there yet, but someone was raving about how nice the Maumee Bay Club is and their great view from their upper deck. Have you been there?

You probably mean Maumee River Yacht Club. I haven't been on that deck, but have been to the club. It is right next to Walbridge park, only a couple miles from my house. My house is closer to the river than it seems.

http://maumeeriveryachtclub.com/

Airpacker
08-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Mutual, Ed. Amazing how that works, ain't it? :sifone:

I always try to introduce myself to anyone I see wearing an OSO shirt (so far, I'm the only person I've seen wearing SOS. :ack2: )

I think what phraggy is talking about with this thread is that even online, forums offer a method of relationship-building (even possible with republicans) because, over time, you can learn a whole lot about a person without ever meeting them face-to-face. When you finally do meet the details are out of the way. :)

This was very evident to me during my recent visit to E-dock. Even though I knew several of the guys already, I felt like I knew all of them the minute I stepped on the dock.

And they didn't even throw you in Jay :) and heck knows E dockers are definatelty right leaners.

Airpacker
08-18-2009, 12:56 PM
I must say if anyone meets Rob(offshoreDrillin) He is a real dick!!:rofl: but he is good at spraying you down with sun block!:kiss: you know I love ya!!!:sifone: Rob!!

You do realize how utterly "not right" that whole statement sounds don't you?:26:

Rob, if I were you, I would NOT admit to knowing him............EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!:seeya:

Airpacker
08-18-2009, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=jayboat;298143]

I'm the only person I've seen wearing SOS. :ack2: )

That's cuz U have not been 2 Michigan!!!:biggrinjester:

Ya, ok Tracy. You dog has a SOS shirt and I still don't. I wonder what the rest of the Mods and Admins here are trying to tell me?

Airpacker
08-18-2009, 12:59 PM

SOS has a superior d!ckhead filter system in its software package :)

phragle
08-18-2009, 01:01 PM
AP, you have been sent sos shirts 17 times, its just that they are so in demand that canadian customs keeps stealing them.........

ChiefApache
08-18-2009, 01:36 PM
This is one of a few we have!

Ms PatriYacht
08-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Barb, that's a really nice picture of the two of you.

Fund that's the club, in the next couple of weeks why don't you and Jann drop in for a drink and see what you think. I am assuming we would want our own area in the bar or a room adjacent. If we got enough people they might even do a steak roast, something like they do at Monroe.

fund razor
08-18-2009, 08:28 PM

Fund that's the club, in the next couple of weeks why don't you and Jann drop in for a drink and see what you think. I am assuming we would want our own area in the bar or a room adjacent. If we got enough people they might even do a steak roast, something like they do at Monroe.
Ok.

BTW... that is a GREAT pic of Barb and Rob. Captures the personalities.

Dam. I miss them.:(

Miss you too Donna.

inbetween
08-18-2009, 09:01 PM

Mark it was a pleasure to talk to you for the few minutes we were there.

inbetween
08-18-2009, 09:01 PM
This is one of a few we have!

that's a great pic barb! even if rob's in it :biggrinjester:...seriously it's a great shot of the two of you!

Airpacker
08-18-2009, 10:40 PM
This is one of a FEW we have!

Oh sure, rub it in why don't ya :)

Buoy
08-18-2009, 11:12 PM

Looking forward to it my friend!
Unfortunately, I can't take you to the same little bar/restaurant that Dude!Sweet! (Sean) and duunoit(Chris) went to that was practically in my backyard. It closed a few weeks ago.

ChiefApache
08-19-2009, 08:27 AM

Ok.

BTW... that is a GREAT pic of Barb and Rob. Captures the personalities.

Dam. I miss them.:(

Miss you too Donna.

Thanks, that's one of my favorite pics from the summer. It was at Skramer's real 40th BD party (dinner) at his dock.

Keep us posted on what you guys want to do. We'll see if we can get a group from here to head up that way.

ChiefApache
08-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Oh sure, rub it in why don't ya :)

LOL! Sorry, I had to. If you invite Sunkin on your boat I'm sure he'll bring you a few. :sifone:

ChiefApache
08-19-2009, 08:29 AM
that's a great pic barb! even if rob's in it :biggrinjester:...seriously it's a great shot of the two of you!

:kiss:

Big Time
08-19-2009, 09:28 AM

If I hear about you pullin' a stunt like this again I'm going to have to send Wolfie on you! :boxing_smiley:

Back in the day that thing was pretty sweet....would love to get it up and running again!! :driving: