PDA

View Full Version : Rechargeable jumper/air compressors

Bobcat
08-09-2009, 12:33 PM
what's a decent brand????,have gone through some cheap discount auto ones(hopefully not a sponsor here):leaving: but I need one for the boat /forklifts/trucks/bikes this is a pic of a cheap one

Expensive Date
08-09-2009, 05:29 PM
I like the DSR ones do you have to have an air compressor?I think the only commercial grade ones that have that are K&K.Let me know

Perlmudder
08-09-2009, 05:34 PM
we have a motomaster 1000 that does a good job. it does not have an air compressor though...

Bobcat
08-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I like the DSR ones do you have to have an air compressor?I think the only commercial grade ones that have that are K&K.Let me know

we have a motomaster 1000 that does a good job. it does not have an air compressor though...

I can do w/out the compressor. I usually do not like dual purpose stuff , but in the boat case it would be nice, any pics or web links would be cool.

sledge
08-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Stupid question, but other than being a "small" battery, how are these any different than just carrying around a battery?

I had one of the multi-purpose units that finally died. Cracked it open and all it needs is a new.....wait for it.....battery! It looks just like the batteries for my dirt bikes.

Bobcat
08-09-2009, 07:06 PM
that's what pretty much goes bad in the cheap ones, just looking for something to fit all needs, don't you still owe me a beer?:sifone:

Expensive Date
08-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Stupid question, but other than being a "small" battery, how are these any different than just carrying around a battery?

I had one of the multi-purpose units that finally died. Cracked it open and all it needs is a new.....wait for it.....battery! It looks just like the batteries for my dirt bikes.

Pretty much thats what they are but they are self contained lighter than a battery and have built in cables

VtSteve
08-10-2009, 07:18 AM
I bought the Diehard 1150 on sale for $99. It was all I needed. Has a compressor, inverter with a few outlets, 2 AC/2 12V. Also has jumper cables. Went down to the boat Saturday, battery's dead. It appears someone that happens to be just shy of 4' tall was playing with the cabin lights :(

The Diehard jumped my small block like a champ. Then, went on to pump up the tube (twice). When I got home, it took all of 20 minutes back to a full charge.

Nice carrying handle, easy to load and store. It's really a great portable unit. Also comes with a recharger for cig lighter outlet. I saw some bad reviews online, and as usual, paid no attention to them.

sledge
08-10-2009, 09:18 AM
don't you still owe me a beer?:sifone:

Absolutely! My buddy owes you a twelve pack for making the effort! It's been almost five years since I dragged all the way down there.....I gotta break off some time and make that trip.
:seeya: