PDA

View Full Version : House

ar15meister
08-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Just bought my first house today!

I am pretty excited. Got a nice garage for the vette and a long driveway I can park the boat in if I wanted but better yet it is only 8 minutes from my warehouse where I keep my boat.

slpcamaross97
08-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Sweet.

ar15meister
08-07-2009, 03:26 PM
I take possession on the 25th of Sept. I am making the basement into a bar/clubhouse. There will be alot of cool Pantera pics!

Airpacker
08-07-2009, 03:38 PM
so the party is the 26th then is it?

Congrat Adam, where abouts is the new pad?

MarylandMark
08-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Congrats!!

I'm putting the finishing touches on a build I should settle on 8/20- trying to spur the economy!

Dude! Sweet!
08-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Congrats! There's only one way to find out how good renting a place really is and you've just done it! :sifone:

ar15meister
08-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Browns Line and Horner 4 houses from the ravine. 8 Chelsea Dr.

Great little spot, close to the shop (8 mins door to door) and close to the lake. With interest rates the way they are I couldnt say no to this deal. I bought it within 6 hours of it being listed. Estate sale from Original owner who bought it in 1955 which I thought was nice.

I wanted to be more central but I couldnt find a place with the private driveway and the 1.5 car garage/clubhouse for what I wanted to pay. I looked in the valley by your shop but they wanted way too much money and plus you get to live next to the community housing and didnt have near the same size home/property. Bloor West was what I wanted but I dont have 700k to spend for a small house.

Friggin prices are nuts in this town.

ar15meister
08-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Congrats! There's only one way to find out how good renting a place really is and you've just done it! :sifone:

The whole working with and living with my dad thing was driving me nuts.

If I had 4 beers last night and made even the smallest mistake at work I would get a lecture about the evils of beer. If I stayed up late and he saw me yawn at work he would give it to me.

Plus if we disagreed at work then he would glare at me at dinner and chit. lol.

If you gys think the guys on OCC are bad you should see us (although I dont talk back....too dangerous.... lol)

Airpacker
08-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Wally might be bigger than you but hes gettin old and slow. You might have a good pretty chance of out running him :)

Ratickle
08-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Congrats, I bought my first when I was 19. Long friggin time ago......:ack2:

Bobcat
08-07-2009, 05:01 PM
congrats, it is a great feeling.

Airpacker
08-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I looked in the valley by your shop but they wanted way too much money and plus you get to live next to the community housing and didnt have near the same size home/property.

You must have been looking on the other side of the river. I don't think you can touch a house by my shop for 7 large these days. The community housing on the other side is why you can buy one for that kind of coin.

ar15meister
08-07-2009, 05:44 PM
You must have been looking on the other side of the river. I don't think you can touch a house by my shop for 7 large these days. The community housing on the other side is why you can buy one for that kind of coin.

Yah down in the valley on the east side of the river.

p.s. Wally may run slowly but his Z06 is way faster than mine, or so he reminds me every 2-3 days. Plus he has even more guns than I do and has often told me that by giving me life he has the right to take it away at will. :willy_nilly:

Perlmudder
08-07-2009, 05:50 PM
nice! congrats!

slpcamaross97
08-07-2009, 09:02 PM
hey if it ever comes to you wanted to sell the boat to improve the house or move up into the black 35ft pantera think of me. Love that dam boat.

rchevelle71
08-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Congrats Bud, on my 4th. at 39 years old. Just cant figure out why they keep getting smaller??

ar15meister
08-09-2009, 08:27 PM
hey if it ever comes to you wanted to sell the boat to improve the house or move up into the black 35ft pantera think of me. Love that dam boat.

Thanks for the compliment.

I doubt I will ever sell it. I may buy another boat in 7-10 years but I think I am going to keep this one, it is a riot and more fun to drive than anything I have ever been in or driven. It gives me more boner factor than any other toy I have ever owned or been in. I would sooner sell my Z06 :) Or my house:leaving:

But keep looking for a Pantera race boat, they are rare but if you get one you wont want to get rid of it.

If I were you I would be after that one with the blower motor and the panther paint job with the #3. That thing is killer. I bet it runs like a beast. :sifone: Plus I think they wanted like 70k for it which isnt bad for the package you get if it is all there and in top condition.

Buoy
08-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Congrats on the new place!

I didn't work with my Father, but I do remember the days of getting home at 3:00 in the morning on work nights, and he was in the kitchen making coffee and getting ready for work.
Those evenings, there was alla "discussion" and "constructive criticism".:leaving:
Who am I kidding, I got my azz chewed out.

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the bar when complete.

slpcamaross97
08-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the compliment.

I doubt I will ever sell it. I may buy another boat in 7-10 years but I think I am going to keep this one, it is a riot and more fun to drive than anything I have ever been in or driven. It gives me more boner factor than any other toy I have ever owned or been in. I would sooner sell my Z06 :) Or my house:leaving:

But keep looking for a Pantera race boat, they are rare but if you get one you wont want to get rid of it.

If I were you I would be after that one with the blower motor and the panther paint job with the #3. That thing is killer. I bet it runs like a beast. :sifone: Plus I think they wanted like 70k for it which isnt bad for the package you get if it is all there and in top condition.

thought the one with teh panther on the side was overseas?

ar15meister
08-10-2009, 07:48 PM
thought the one with the panther on the side was overseas?

Yes but different engine and drive combo. Not sure where the one im talking about is.

Dude probably knows he usually knows everything about this stuff

Dude! Sweet!
08-10-2009, 07:57 PM
How many you want with the Panther on the side...

Adam's talking about this boat, but there's a sh!t ton of them that have panthers on 'em...

ar15meister
08-11-2009, 08:28 AM
that boat is friggin sick.

If I was in the market thats the one I would be buying.

I might have chosen that one over mine if it had been for sale at the same time.

Anyone know how fast it ran with that #3? I wonder how it handled as well?

stormrider
08-11-2009, 01:55 PM
i think he's running in mid 80s now. lotsa prop slip.
he's over on oso.

ar15meister
08-11-2009, 02:28 PM
it would be nice to have him over here.

Love to hear more about his setup.

When that was for sale I am suprised noone who was looking stepped up. Center steer, 3 man front bolster with a backseat and that paint, motor drive combo. Killer!

One of my favourite Panteras.