PDA

View Full Version : Any refrigerator guru's here?

t500hps
08-05-2009, 09:05 PM
We have and old frig in the house, and an even older one in the garage. The one in the garage is making some funny noises and I'm convinced it's getting ready to go. I want a new one for the kitchen and move the current one into the garage.
Looking for advice on what to look at, what to avoid?
Side-by-side 25+ C.F (27 prefered), ice maker obviously and we like the gallon milk jugs that fit on the door.

JoeD
08-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Buy the one your wife wants or you will regret it every time she opens the door.

Tony
08-05-2009, 09:37 PM
I ventured into the big city the other day against my better judgement and went to Best Buy. They had a fridge in there that had a goddamned TV built into the front of it. My first thought was "who in the hell in their right mind would buy something like that. Looking back, if it keeps the wife in the kitchen where she belongs then its probably worth every penny and then some.

Bobcat
08-05-2009, 09:59 PM
on an old thread Chris mentioned that you would be better off in the long run to buy two new fridges, they will pay themselves off in a year in energy savings alone, hoping he willl chime in here.( plus this thread belongs in the bar):)

insanity
08-05-2009, 10:02 PM
on an old thread Chris mentioned that you would be better off in the long run to buy two new fridges, they will pay themselves off in a year in energy savings alone, hoping he willl chime in here.( plus this thread belongs in the bar):)

+1 - Very true.

t500hps
08-05-2009, 10:24 PM

with 3 boys getting to be teenagers we buy food by the truck load. 5 gallons of milk at a time (once a week!) Sandwich meat an easy 5lbs at a time. My wife will wait for ice cream to go on sale, then buy (6) 1/2 gallons at a time. I need a big frig cause I hate running out of food!!!!!

besides, we will still need to keep the small one in the garage too!

LaughingCat
08-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Buy the one your wife wants or you will regret it every time she opens the door.

Buy one big enough to fit your wife in and you'll never regret it.

ROGUE
08-06-2009, 08:20 AM
I shelled out extra for the top energy efficient model and it really did drop the electric bill. Will pay off the extra money in a year and then its gravy.

Davidmnc
08-06-2009, 09:02 AM

I like the way you think

MarylandMark
08-24-2009, 04:19 PM
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9719

What did you end up going with?

I'm shopping- was going to go with Electrolux (and may still) but can get some great deals buying from Sears and brand other than Electrolux because of some deal my brother can get me. $6600 Kenmore Pro stove for $2700 has me changing my tune!

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8232

t500hps
08-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Wife found an LG at HD that she loved...it was a discontinued floor model that I ended up getting at 40% off. I didn't care as long as the shopping was over!!! :)

clayinaustin
08-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Wife found an LG at HD that she loved...

That's all you had to say! :sifone: