PDA

View Full Version : Florida

cuda
08-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Things I learned in FLA

1. A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.

2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in FLA.

3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in FLA.

4. If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite ya.

5. "Onced" and "Twiced" are words.

6. It is not a shopping cart, it's a buggy.

7. "Jaw-P?" means, "Did y'all go to the bathroom.

8. People actually grow and eat okra.

9. "Fixinto" is one word.

10. There is no such thing as "lunch". There is only dinner...and then there is supper.

11. Iced tea is appropriate for all meals, and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar.

12. Backwards and forwards means, "I know everything about you."

13. The word "jeet" is actually a phrase meaning, "Did you eat?"

14. You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is. You work until you're done or it's too dark to see.

15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH EM.

16. You measure distance in minutes.

17. You switch from heat to A/C in the same day.

18. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.

19. You know what a DAWG is.

20. You carry jumper cables in your car--for your OWN car.

21. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, Texas Pete, Tabasco, and Ketchup.

22. The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and high school football.

23. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.

24. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit "a bit warm."

25. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas.

26. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past time known as "goin Wal-Martin" or "off to Wally World."

27. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good hog killin' weather.

28. Fried catfish is the other white meat.

29. We don't need no dang driver's ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive, dag-nabbit.

30. You understand these sayings and forward them to your FLA friends and those who just wish they were from FLA.

t500hps
08-04-2009, 10:43 PM
How about the rest of the country switches to shorts and T-shirts at 75 degrees.....your still wearing long pants and jackets!!! :)

clayinaustin
08-04-2009, 11:06 PM
In Texas we have all the same rules, except

We measure distance in hours! :D

I.E. Austin to Houston is three hours.

My work to my boat slip is half an hour. :cool:

Expensive Date
08-04-2009, 11:46 PM
And while pumping gas some guy with gold teeth comes up and asks if he can have a gallon

cuda
08-05-2009, 02:02 AM
We measure distance in six packs. When I lived in St Pete, Orlando was a six pack away. :)

JupiterSunsation
08-05-2009, 08:00 AM
And while pumping gas some guy with gold teeth comes up and asks if he can have a gallon

Yep........instead of asking for money (which people automatically say NO) they now ask for a gallon (like it is no big deal) but in reality a $1 is a lot cheaper than a gallon these days!

rchevelle71
08-05-2009, 08:08 AM
We measure distance in six packs. When I lived in St Pete, Orlando was a six pack away. :)

Lightweight:sifone:

cuda
08-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Lightweight:sifone:

It was back in the 70's when we were heading to Daytona after the bars closed. We wouldn't take a **** stop until Otown. :)

Tony
08-05-2009, 08:30 AM
1. A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.

An armadillo is a possum on the half shell.

cuda
08-05-2009, 08:34 AM

If a guy asked me for a gallon with gold teefus, I'd ask if it would be easier to carry lead instead of gold.

Tragically, many of the underprivledged die of lead poisoning every day.

I don't know but I've been told
It's hard to run with the weight of gold
Other hand I've heard it said
It's just as hard with the weight of lead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVsSKuxyaro

Wrinkleface
08-05-2009, 08:51 AM
In Texas we have all the same rules, except

We measure distance in hours! :D

I.E.

My work to my boat slip is half an hour. :cool:

that's the important 1!!!:sifone:

Slick02
08-07-2009, 10:12 AM

Damn Joe, ya'll was a slow drinker, I prefer the 1.75 liter of vodka and some Red Bull,,(makes ya a wide awake drunk):rofl: the rest of it is pretty damn accurate.

Mark
08-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Most of those sound familiar. A few work well for Kentucky also (ask Bouy :)).
I have a few more to add when I have the time to think about it - but the first one that comes to mind is that over half of the gals have fake boobs! :sifone:

cuda
08-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Damn Joe, ya'll was a slow drinker, I prefer the 1.75 liter of vodka and some Red Bull,,(makes ya a wide awake drunk):rofl: the rest of it is pretty damn accurate.

Red Bull hadn't even been invented when we were making the run after 2 am to get to Daytona.

cuda
08-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Most of those sound familiar. A few work well for Kentucky also (ask Bouy :)).
I have a few more to add when I have the time to think about it - but the first one that comes to mind is that over half of the gals have fake boobs! :sifone:

My dad says that Bowling Green, Kentucky has all the pretty girls, but what did he know? He was from West Virginia. :)

rchevelle71
08-07-2009, 10:51 PM
He was from West Virginia. :)

That explains it:eek::eek:

cuda
08-08-2009, 08:57 AM
That explains it:eek::eek:

I know he was working in a coal mining camp at the time, and had never owned a car, so he outlook on the world was very limited at that time. :)

Slick02
08-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Red Bull hadn't even been invented when we were making the run after 2 am to get to Daytona.

I know, but it works now, back then we drank anything that we could get our hands on. Do ya remember Thunderbird? $2.99 a gallon..
The worlds WORST headache.

cuda
08-09-2009, 06:26 AM
I know, but it works now, back then we drank anything that we could get our hands on. Do ya remember Thunderbird? $2.99 a gallon..
The worlds WORST headache.

The first time I got drunk was on Boones Farm Strawberry Hill. That cured me of wine to this day!

I remember vodka and coke. :)

florida gator
08-09-2009, 08:29 AM
The first time I got drunk was on Boones Farm Strawberry Hill. That cured me of wine to this day!

I remember vodka and coke. :)

That hilarious. Me too!!!!! And I'm dating a girl who is in the wine biz and keep telling her I'm just picking up some Boones Farm or Mad Dog.