PDA

View Full Version : Clarion Headunit Faceplate Purchase

Perlmudder
08-04-2009, 12:00 PM
So over the weekend we lost the faceplate for the boat stereo. It's a clarion m475. In a hungover daze putting the boat in the water, the faceplate got left on the triller fender when we went to go put gas in it. Long story short, need to find a new one by this Saturday for a poker run. I looked on ebay and googled it but had no luck finding a company that sells replacements. I tried calling some audio shops but had no luck. I'm thinking my next move is to call Clarion Canada and see what they say. Anybody have any other ideas or know a company that sells them?

Thanx!

Magicfloat
08-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Ran into that a few years ago.Many audio mfg won't sell just the faceplate,reasoning is the removable faceplate is a theft deterrent,and they don't want to make it easy on theives who steal a radio and then buy a faceplate.I found an old Clarion sales and tech support # 800-754-9876. Good luck.

Sea-Dated
08-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Buy a new deck. I had a faceplate stolen or lost a few years ago and could not get a replacement. I had to buy a new deck. I would bet you will be hard pressed to fine someplace that sells just the face plate. If that were the case theives would be stealing them without the faceplates and jus getting new faceplates.

Perlmudder
08-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Well I called Clarion Canada just a couple minutes ago and left a voicemail. Some guy called me back within 5 minutes. Gave me the part number, and said it was $50 and $20 to ship it. If they could guarantee it would be here by Friday I would have no problem shipping it, but Oakville is only about 25 miles away so it looks like,e tomorrow morning I will take a road trip over there. He gave me an email address at Clarion to send him an email with my visa # and the part number, sounds sort of fishy no?