PDA

View Full Version : Give these guy's some support : Crossing the Atlantic in a flats boat !!!

Wardey
08-01-2009, 09:29 AM
http://www.crosstheatlantic.com/index.html

Give these guys some support and buy a shirt. Thanks, Dave

I am Second - Wounded Hero Voyage... a shallow water boat crossing the Atlantic Ocean, captained by Ralph and Robert Brown, will set multiple Guinness Book World Records! A US Marine (retired), Ralph's idea is to “Do More Than Just Say Thanks” for our wounded veterans.This voyage keeps a 29 year old solemn promise Ralph made to honor fallen heroes from the ill fated 1980 EAGLE CLAW mission (pdf) to rescue the US Embassy hostages in Iran in 1980. Ralph, as a United States Marine, was on the original roster to go, but a different unit was called up, and Sgt. John Harvey, Cpl. George Holmes, and SSgt. Dewey Johnson lost their lives.Setting out on June 27, 2009, the goals of this heroic adventure are to set new Guinness Book World records for a Transatlantic crossing and to raise money for Wounded Heroes from the USA, UK and Canada.Two brothers, Ralph and Robert Brown (Author of the book “Bermuda Suicide Challenge in a Flats Boat”) are crossing the Atlantic Ocean in a Dreamboats Intruder 21' Flats Boat - a small, open fishing boat (no cabin, no keel) that is able to operate in two inches of water. Their first World Record was an Atlantic Trip was from North Carolina to Bermuda and back to NYC in 2007. The Dreamboats Intruder-21, powered by ultra reliable Interstate Batteries and a single Suzuki outboard, will be the first Flats Boat (and the smallest power boat) to cross the Atlantic Ocean. This voyage will take them from Tampa, Florida, up the US east coast, to Canada, Greenland, Iceland, London England and ending at the /Landstuhl Regional Medical Center/.near Frankfurt, Germany. The "I Am Second" voyage team is planning a reception with the wounded heroes being evacuated from our current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.We wish to thank our public media supporters for their extensive coverage on TV, Newspapers and Magazines.To Honor the lives of

Sgt, John Harvey,USMC;
Cpl. George Holmes, Jr. USMC;
SSgt. Dewey L. Johnson, USMC;
and all other fallen heroes... Do more than just say thanks. Become Part Of History !!!Support the Cause...Get a Shirt here and wear it to work and around town on Fridays. They are $30.00 Free shipping.100% of net proceeds go to help the families of wounded and fallen soldiers in the US, Canada, and the UK.Email me
with the name and story of YOUR wounded or fallen hero.Boston Fox 25 News - Doug VB Goudie Interviews
Bob and Ralph Brown, July 13, 2009Voyage across the Atlantic Ocean from Tampa Bay, Florida to Frankfort, Germany in a 21' Flats Boat ... over 6,200 miles. (See our Docks/Calendar page for more details of the passages and stops)I am very comfortable with the seaworthiness of the DreamBoat Intruder. I know there is real danger, just like there is in everyday life, I know that in the event of disaster, I trust my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I know my soul will rest in Heaven.It is not how good I am, but rather the
Goodness and Forgiveness of God.Ralph Brown

MetalBrosRacing
08-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Great cause but a foolish endeavor. Why poke a bear.