PDA

View Full Version : SOS Meeting Place for St Clair

Ms PatriYacht
07-28-2009, 09:55 AM
So has a meeting place to enjoy the race been selected. If not, can I throw out a suggestion? The lawn in front of the St Clair Inn

Ian and I have viewed the race there for several years now. It's worked great, you can bring lawn chairs or a blanket and sit on the lawn or boardwalk. You can order drinks from waitresses or the bar, (I even smuggle in a few of my own). Usually between the second and third race we eat lunch in their air conditioned restaurant, and it's nice to have access to flushing toilets:p

When going to the hotel, you don't have to go through the security fencing where they look through everything you are bringing in. I know alcohol is NOT allowed in the park, I also think that coolers, and outside food are not allowed as well. So if you view from the park, you buy drinks and food from the truck vendors, and use the outhouses. Even though we spend most of the time at the hotel, we still visit the pits and the vendor area before and during the break, so this is the best of both:cool:

If you want to watch from the hotel lawn, enter through the hotel lobby and go towards the downstairs bar and out to the patio. We will be on the right side (looking at the lake) at the edge of the lawn and boardwalk. We will have 2 red, white, and blue, PatriYachtic folding chairs:patriot: set up so you should see us.

So if this sounds like a good idea let me know, and we will look for you:cheers2:

Wrinkleface
07-28-2009, 10:04 AM
So has a meeting place to enjoy the race been selected. If not, can I throw out a suggestion? The lawn in front of the St Clair Inn

Ian and I have viewed the race there for several years now. It's worked great, you can bring lawn chairs or a blanket and sit on the lawn or boardwalk. You can order drinks from waitresses or the bar, (I even smuggle in a few of my own). Usually between the second and third race we eat lunch in their air conditioned restaurant, and it's nice to have access to flushing toilets:p

When going to the hotel, you don't have to go through the security fencing where they look through everything you are bringing in. I know alcohol is NOT allowed in the park, I also think that coolers, and outside food are not allowed as well. So if you view from the park, you buy drinks and food from the truck vendors, and use the outhouses. Even though we spend most of the time at the hotel, we still visit the pits and the vendor area before and during the break, so this is the best of both:cool:

If you want to watch from the hotel lawn, enter through the hotel lobby and go towards the downstairs bar and out to the patio. We will be on the right side (looking at the lake) at the edge of the lawn and boardwalk. We will have 2 red, white, and blue, PatriYachtic folding chairs:patriot: set up so you should see us.

So if this sounds like a good idea let me know, and we will look for you:cheers2:

I will B w/ U in spirit from Char town where I will C U there next w/end!!:sifone:

Ratickle
07-28-2009, 10:07 AM
I will B w/ U in spirit from Char town where I will C U there next w/end!!:sifone:

I'm gonna drive up to Char town just to kick you for not showing up.......:boxing_smiley:

Maybe twice........

Wrinkleface
07-28-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm gonna drive up to Char town just to kick you for not showing up.......:boxing_smiley:

Maybe twice........

take a number Bubba!!!!

Ratickle
07-28-2009, 10:14 AM
take a number Bubba!!!!

Be careful, drew number one lane in Harrrison......:sifone:

Wrinkleface
07-28-2009, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=Ratickle;280293]I'm gonna drive up to Char town just 2 hang w U next w/e when a bunch of other offshore folks R sho'n up!!
cool dude!!:sifone:

Ratickle
07-28-2009, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=Ratickle;280293]I'm gonna drive up to Char town just 2 hang w U next w/e when a bunch of other offshore folks R sho'n up!!
cool dude!!:sifone:

Would if I could. I'm going to the SBI race in Michigan City Sunday. Gotta check out the guys there who never get up this way. See if I can talk to John too.

Magic Medicine
07-28-2009, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE=Wrinkleface;280303]

Would if I could. I'm going to the SBI race in Michigan City Sunday. Gotta check out the guys there who never get up this way. See if I can talk to John too.

Hope to see you in Michigan City, that is right in my back yard!:seeya:

ChiefApache
07-28-2009, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=Ratickle;280306]

Hope to see you in Michigan City, that is right in my back yard!:seeya:

It is?? We were talking of going, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Freezeframevideo
07-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Freeze Frame Video has sent Ratickle 50 Don Arronow DVDs and 50 Freeze Frame Canvas Bags. The first 50 people to come up to the Serious Offshore table and say the words Freeze Frame Racing will receive a canvas bag with a Don Arronow DVD!
Compliments of Freeze Frame Video and Serious Offshore

We will fly every race of the event and pictures will be posted daily. Pictures will be forwarded to Powerboat Magazine for the first OPA and OSS Offshore Adventure: The St. Clair Riverfest!
See ya at the races!
Jeff
Freeze Frame Video Inc.

Ms PatriYacht
07-28-2009, 01:07 PM
It sure would be nice if so many threads on this site did not sidetracked:confused: I am sorry I wasted my time checking back, well I guess no one is interested in meeting in St Clair then

phragle
07-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Donna, you mentioned watching the actual race. I will be on the water. I belive Jeff mentioned somewhere that we will have a table in the pits. if that is the case, it sounds like a good place to meet and or leave messages for other members for all the other activities.

Ratickle
07-28-2009, 01:24 PM
It sure would be nice if so many threads on this site did not sidetracked:confused: I am sorry I wasted my time checking back, well I guess no one is interested in meeting in St Clair then

Yes we are. Just trying to get everything together......

It currently looks as if the IMCO group is trying to get a nice spot on the main street for a table during non-race times.

We need to make sure everyone knows that the watch area for SOS'rs will be in front of the St Clair Inn.

I'm also trying to find out about getting a table on the deck there with a nice umbrella.

And, still have to find out if the SOS Batboat (and Dean) can be by IMCO.

Sorry, scrambling.....

Ms PatriYacht
07-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Donna, you mentioned watching the actual race. I will be on the water. I belive Jeff mentioned somewhere that we will have a table in the pits. if that is the case, it sounds like a good place to meet and or leave messages for other members for all the other activities.

It looks like there will be a SOS table somewhere among the vendors to hand out stuff, I will probably be helping at it before the race starts and in between the first and second race, other than that I will be watching it from the lawn at the inn.

Ratickle
07-28-2009, 01:51 PM
It looks like there will be a SOS table somewhere among the vendors to hand out stuff, I will probably be helping at it before the race starts and in between the first and second race, other than that I will be watching it from the lawn at the inn.

Yep, for sure everyone needs to get to the lawn at the Inn. Great spot, look for the Red, White, and Blur Patriyacht chairs.....:sifone:

I'll try to nail down the other stuff asap.

PatriYacht
07-28-2009, 02:16 PM
St Clair Inn really is a great place to watch from. Another plus is that a lot of racers are staying there so you get to talk to a lot of them beween and after races.

Ms PatriYacht
07-28-2009, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=Ratickle;280646] look for the Red, White, and Blur Patriyacht chairs.....:sifone:QUOTE]

That's cause we are so fast:biggrinjester

PatriYacht
07-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey Wrink, you need to stay closer to home this weekend. Have your honey meet you in St Clair.

MOBILEMERCMAN
07-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Donna and Ian, I look forward to meeting you and others.

George IMCO and I will help how we can from our pit setup.

RichL
07-28-2009, 04:46 PM
We had so planned to be back there again this year, but it's just not going to happen.:(

Maybe next year.

phragle
07-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Many of you have my number..if you will be there and don't...shoot me a pm. I will be pretty busy during the day, but the evenings are free...

YankeY
07-28-2009, 06:40 PM
My wife and I just decided to go, but we have to stay in Port Huron on Saturday night though. We'll look forward to meeting everyone and having some drinks:cheers2:

Ratickle
07-28-2009, 07:04 PM
My wife and I just decided to go, but we have to stay in Port Huron on Saturday night though. We'll look forward to meeting everyone and having some drinks:cheers2:

Nice. Do you still have your hair like in your Avatar? You'll be easy to find......:sifone:

dockrocker
07-28-2009, 10:13 PM
I *may* be up that way with the kids, if so we'll try to find the Patriyachts :)

MattBMiller
07-29-2009, 07:43 AM
I plan on being up there Sunday, saturday probably isn't going to work out for me now because of work. I'll stop by. I think I still have Ians number.