PDA

View Full Version : Chris Craft on History Channel's "Pawn Stars"

BlackJack58
07-24-2009, 12:31 AM
I keep seeing the promos for this Sunday's episode of "Pawn Stars" the new reality series on The History Channel. Some guy is trying to pawn his '84 Chris Craft - Stinger or Scorpion (I didn't get a good enough look to see for sure) he is asking about $20k for it in the promo - apparently one of the shop owner's sons ends up taking it (for less, I am sure). :rolleyes:

Sign of the times or not, should be amusing. Maybe someone will recognize the owner...

fund razor
07-24-2009, 07:15 AM
It looked like a 260 stinger. I had an 87.
He asked 25 grand in the promo.

It is worth 10k if it runs well.

Magic Medicine
07-24-2009, 07:49 AM
It looked like a 260 stinger. I had an 87.
He asked 25 grand in the promo.

It is worth 10k if it runs well.

I saw where they took it to a marina and the guy there said it was a classic and was worth 30 g. Dang I might have to take my boat out there and sell it for 100K:26::26::26:

Lakeside
07-25-2009, 02:40 AM
I saw the add too.. I was thinking the same thing!.. lol J

C_Spray
07-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Maybe it's some movie star's old boat????

McGary911
07-25-2009, 11:49 AM
There's a show on the National Geographic channel about a repo man. They had to repo a late 80s 20 something Baja. It was in north Jersey. It looked JUST like the a boat that was for sale outside the Headliner in Neptune City, NJ about 6 or so years back.

old377guy
07-27-2009, 02:17 PM
I was gonna start a thread about this very thing today. I keeled over laughing when the boat repair guy said " Its a classic " Miami Vice boat easily worth 30k+". Wasn't all that long ago when someone on the board was GIVING AWAY a 312 Stinger that had sunk at the dock and had been refloated and was in not bad shape.

Ted
07-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Classic cutting edge design, all the other boats wish they were Chris Craft ROFLMAO hahahahahahaha. He paid 16k and "only" had to put 4k into it , on a 10k boat hahahahahaha.......

drpete3
07-27-2009, 02:21 PM
http://nmi.craigslist.org/boa/1269434076.html

This is my add for a scorpion im selling. I think I need to raise the price

Magic Medicine
07-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Classic cutting edge design, all the other boats wish they were Chris Craft ROFLMAO hahahahahahaha. He paid 16k and "only" had to put 4k into it , on a 10k boat hahahahahaha.......

I was half asleep during the show but looks like he got hosed on the 4K worth of basic maintance items and a good cleaning. Nothing better could happen to a pawn shop owner

Seafordguy
07-27-2009, 04:39 PM
It was great watching those guys get hosed. Especially the middle one that thinks he is such a bad ass I hate people like that guy....

He first bought a pistol for 300 dollars only to find out that it was unuseable and he had gotten taken for a ride, then the bought this boat..... I hope he loses his ass on that thing....

Ted
07-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah big deal experts getting fleeced every time they turn around, first and last time I will waste any time on that POS. Guess I gotta go back to the fat pierced chick repo'ing cars :D

03darkshadow
07-27-2009, 05:17 PM
i started laughing like crazy watching that and hearing how someone would pay 30k for that boat. and 4k for a tune up, cleaning and repair of one of the trim pumps? :rofl: maybe it needed more work then he is admitting. btw, does anyone buy a boat without test driving it? the middle one was right, the young one isnt ready to run that business.

JupiterSunsation
07-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Growing up Gotti looked intelligent compared to this show and Immigrant Repos (with a wannabe WWE wrestler employee staging fights)

Quinlan
07-28-2009, 07:13 AM
I just happen to catch the Repo one where they rolled the Bemmer being repod with camera man inside. Funny chit

Ted
07-28-2009, 08:39 AM
I just happen to catch the Repo one where they rolled the Bemmer being repod with camera man inside. Funny chit

Yeah, cause the big dude needed to go drop off kids at the pool hahahaha :26:

Trim'd Up
07-28-2009, 10:04 AM
I am driving out there next week to pawn my boat. IF they will give $16500 for that POS than I am golden. :D

Big Time
07-28-2009, 10:51 AM

That is the most staged show nowadays. I had to stop watching it.

Big Time
07-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Oh and about the Chris Craft...I caught the end of it and to be honest the boat came out pretty nice. Yeah, I know the 30k plus was way out there, but it cleaned up pretty good.

Dranks 'N Skanks
07-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Anyone notice that they cleaned the boat up (acid wash and wax). It looked clean, no more grunge line.

Then they say, hey wanna go for a ride, everyone says sure. Then the video of the test ride has the chit on the bottom of the boat again.

Interesting. Can they really be that stupid, was the boat really that bad? Looks like there was some editing done for sure.

slpcamaross97
07-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Just seen the show too. I think they put a new drive on it too. Idk. Crappy ass boat. seller lucked out big time.

03darkshadow
01-23-2010, 04:23 PM
so i found this on craigslist. not quite a 30k boat.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/boa/1565788275.html

DollaBill
01-23-2010, 04:37 PM
That was nuts. I saw that one. For "pawn" money the boat was worth 2500.00. Mint the thing is worth maybe 10g's

cosmic12
01-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Did anyone see the one last week when they bought that jet thing?
Alum hull twin 1100cc kawai water jet powered POS that they think is worth over 30k I sat watched that and just LMAO:willy_nilly::eek:

Gladhe8er
01-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Alum hull twin 1100cc kawai water jet powered POS that they think is worth over 30k I sat watched that and just LMAO:willy_nilly::eek:

Yup. Those guys should stay away from boats alltogeter. That Corey is an idiot. ChumLee is even worse, but at least he doesn't pretend to know everything.

JohnnyZ
01-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Alum hull twin 1100cc kawai water jet powered POS that they think is worth over 30k I sat watched that and just LMAO

And they said they would give it a shot after making a lot of money on the last boat they bought, which was the Chris-Craft.

Jesse James
01-26-2010, 01:58 AM

watching a re-run of that episode right now....i agree....I got some free hulls from a place that went out of business here at loto...classic 79 model 20 formula and 77 29 sea ray....I will take gas money and 5k....maybe they will come pick it up/.....LOl

Lakeside
01-26-2010, 02:10 PM

I saw it on last night.. What a joke.. The guy working on it too seems like a screwball..

I used to like the show, but it is starting to get on my nerves now.. Like when they always need thier buddies to come look at something. Dont they know what this chit is already? Dont those guys have anything better to do? Then the buddy tells them what they think it is worth whil the customer selling the item want the top dollar?? !!!! Put the Fuggin thing on ebay, the papers classifieds or a specialty or antique shop if you want your top dollar, dont take it to a pawn shop unless you are desperate for the $$..

Gimme A damn break already!... Good idea for a show to some extent, but I have run out of patience with the stupidity on it lately..

Big Time
01-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Yeah, but now that the boat has been on the show it is easily worth $15k more then a comparable boat.:sifone:

The guy fixing up the boat made a comment to the effect that this was the type of boat you saw on Miami Vice back in the day...not exactly.

But hey, chances are that they probably made money on that boat from someone not in the know.

Lakeside
01-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Yeah, but now that the boat has been on the show it is easily worth $15k more then a comparable boat.:sifone:

The guy fixing up the boat made a comment to the effect that this was the type of boat you saw on Miami Vice back in the day...not exactly.

But hey, chances are that they probably made money on that boat from someone not in the know.

That's what I would think ..