PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Politics or I've only seen him once

gerritm
07-22-2009, 09:29 AM
See pictures below:ack2::sifone::biggrinjester:

Only Saw Him Once....

Barack Obama, quote "I only saw Rod Blagojevich one time .. and that was in the stands and from a distance at a Chicago Bears Football Game" unquote.

Rod Blagojevich, Barack Obama and Richard Daley during a rally in Chicago , April 16, 2007. Photo Reuters.
Rod Blagojevich (Democrat), Barack Obama (Democrat), and Richard M. Daley (Democrat - Mayor of Chicago since 1989)

To understand the next 4 years, you have to understand the world according to Chicago .

While it is a city in Illinois , it is also a completely different country, with a whole different set of morals and language.

There are only three rules which anybody can understand.

You don't even need an attorney to understand them and if you need an attorney, well, you know too much...so look out for Rule #3!

RULE #1...No matter what you see, hear, or do, you don't know anybody and you don't know nothing!
RULE #2...If you capture something on tape or camera, it doesn't reveal nothing!
RULE #3...If you know what everybody knows in Chicago , well, you still don't know nothing.

Now pay close attention! We don't want to have to say this more than once. It's very simple.....we'll illustrate. Remember, you know nothing.

These two? They don't know each other! They said they didn't.

The fellas in the background of this picture? Well, what fellas? We don't see nothing!

The guy on the left? For all you know he's Santa Claus. And the guy on the right . . ....well, he's the Easter Bunny! That's all you need to know.

Go to your eye doctor...your eyes are lying to you! Ca'pish?

Remember Jimmy Hoffa! He knew too much and now, well, now no one knows where he is. Is the big picture clear? Not these pictures! Remember, You've already forgot them...

Now, ain't that simple? They don't know each other, 'cause they said so! and neither do we... And don't forget it!

Does this guy have a problem with the 'Truth, or does he believe that the ordinary American is just Stupid?

Wrinkleface
07-22-2009, 09:32 AM
My man Greg "HOUSE" sez everybody lies!!!!!!!:(

gerritm
07-22-2009, 09:33 AM
I guess they photoshopped these too. I don't understand one thing and all of you Chicago people will understand. In order to be a Chicago politician you have to be dirty, why has no one caught him. There has to be skeletons in his closet. It is a requirement for the job.:ack2:

Magic Medicine
07-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Does this suprise anybody???? Chitown politic's are now and will always be crooked, period!

clayinaustin
07-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Good grief, guys. All politician are dirty. Republicans, Democrats, it doesn't matter! :mad:

MarylandMark
07-22-2009, 09:58 AM
or does he believe that the ordinary American is just stupid?

65.5M proved him right on Election Day

Ratickle
07-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Good grief, guys. All politician are dirty. Republicans, Democrats, it doesn't matter! :mad:

I'm sure the 80/20 rule applies here.

80% are dirty, 20% are just crooks.......

OldSchool
07-22-2009, 10:10 AM

I don't think that this is a democrat or republican thread.....it's just a thread about someone telling an outright lie and thinking that no one will call him on it. Where is that obama quote from?? Has anyone Hit Snopes on this yet?

OldSchool
07-22-2009, 10:10 AM
65.5M proved him right on Election Day

Aint that the truth!! :rolleyes::puke:

MarylandMark
07-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Obama endorsed Blagojevich in 2002 and 2006 and served as a top adviser to the Illinois governor in his first 2002 run for the state house. (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/12/questions-arise.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXhM-nOoal8

phragle
07-22-2009, 11:31 AM
this actually surprises anyone?????????????? if anyone actually believed the lie when it was first uttered... your disappointing me...

Wobble
07-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Obama endorsed Blagojevich in 2002 and 2006 and served as a top adviser to the Illinois governor in his first 2002 run for the state house. (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/12/questions-arise.html)

I found the same info:26: However I cant find video or audio of the the quote that is a basis for this particular "story".

"And, it should be pointed out, Mr. Obama has a relationship with Mr. Blagojevich, having not only endorsed Blagojevich in 2002 and 2006, but having served as a top adviser to the Illinois governor in his first 2002 run for the state house." ABC news

MarylandMark
07-22-2009, 11:39 AM
It's a conspiracy- the Feds hid it all. I think they are watching me or I would post the link

Wobble
07-22-2009, 11:40 AM
It's a conspiracy- the Feds hid it all. I think they are watching me or I would post the link

I think you might be right, my phone just rang and no one was there:leaving:

MarylandMark
07-22-2009, 11:42 AM
See- and I work for the phone company. They are trying to make it look like it was me but it really wasn't.

I have to go now

gerritm
07-22-2009, 02:16 PM

Of course they are all crooks Clay. I am not predujiced I dislike all politicians. Chicago is the hotbed of cronyism and you can't get elected unless you are on the take. I was hoping some other Chikago (correct pronunciation) people would chime in here and explain how the system works.:lurk5:

Trim'd Up
07-22-2009, 03:41 PM
They don't call it Crook county for nothin! the best thing for IL would be separating it into North and South IL. North IL at the Cook co. line, and everything else South Illinois. Barry O would also be one step closer to correct when he said he visited 57 states. ;)

Wobble
07-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Barry O would also be one step closer to correct when he said he visited 57 states. ;)

Please don't screw up this thread with real quotes:sifone::lurk5:

gerritm
07-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Please don't screw up this thread with real quotes:sifone::lurk5:

Wobble, not to change the subject, but we are coming up into your little piece of heaven Sunday, if the weather holds out.:USA:

Wobble
07-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Wobble, not to change the subject, but we are coming up into your little piece of heaven Sunday, if the weather holds out.:USA:

I'll be looking out for you, might be in Galveston though if the Bay forcast is good:)

gerritm
07-23-2009, 02:32 PM
I'll be looking out for you, might be in Galveston though if the Bay forcast is good:)

We will be there around noon. We have several boats coming. Hope the weather holds.

cuda
07-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Dirty politics in Chicago??? Say it ain't so.

Oh, btw, Obama wasn't trying to influence the CBO by inviting him to the white house either.

Magic Medicine
07-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Of course they are all crooks Clay. I am not predujiced I dislike all politicians. Chicago is the hotbed of cronyism and you can't get elected unless you are on the take. I was hoping some other Chikago (correct pronunciation) people would chime in here and explain how the system works.:lurk5:

Does this suprise anybody???? Chitown politic's are now and will always be crooked, period!

I thought that I covered that in this my first post! Need I get into details:sifone:

Wobble
07-24-2009, 12:28 PM
We will be there around noon. We have several boats coming. Hope the weather holds.

gerritm, you can see my boat in my member profile, (edit) never mind that pic is too small, if I'm not on that I'll be on a metallic green Seadoo rxp, What does your ride look like?

gerritm
07-24-2009, 04:03 PM
gerritm, you can see my boat in my member profile, (edit) never mind that pic is too small, if I'm not on that I'll be on a metallic green Seadoo rxp, What does your ride look like?

Here's mine, there will also be a 30' Superboat with a shark graphic on it. Along with another 42' Fountain with similar graphics to mine.

Wobble
07-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Here's mine, there will also be a 30' Superboat with a shark graphic on it. Along with another 42' Fountain with similar graphics to mine.

Sweet ride, I'll be looking out for you.

redhotsommer
07-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Having lived in Chicago all my life and paid considerable attention to the political bs that exists as a status quo around here, I'm not surprised in the least that BO would attempt to distance himself completely from Blago. The funny thing is just HOW LITTLE attention was paid to the fact that Obama is a CHICAGO POLITICIAN during the campaign.

You wanna see fun...you should really pay attention to Mayor Daley's antics. He is untouchable...riding on and growing his father's carefully built legacy...and performs such magic as the overnight destruction of Meig's Field (downtown airstrip), selling all the city's parking meters to a company that immediately raised the prices so high that you could NOT FIT enough quarters in the meters and they kept breaking, to telling the public that they would not be on the hook for the proposed expenses of the 2016 Olympics, and then promising the Olympic Committee that Chicago taxpayers would gladly pay for any overrun. It's like were in some bizarro world over here...politicians lead a completely separate existance than the rest of us...and there is a new story EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Magic Medicine
07-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Having lived in Chicago all my life and paid considerable attention to the political bs that exists as a status quo around here, I'm not surprised in the least that BO would attempt to distance himself completely from Blago. The funny thing is just HOW LITTLE attention was paid to the fact that Obama is a CHICAGO POLITICIAN during the campaign.

You wanna see fun...you should really pay attention to Mayor Daley's antics. He is untouchable...riding on and growing his father's carefully built legacy...and performs such magic as the overnight destruction of Meig's Field (downtown airstrip), selling all the city's parking meters to a company that immediately raised the prices so high that you could NOT FIT enough quarters in the meters and they kept breaking, to telling the public that they would not be on the hook for the proposed expenses of the 2016 Olympics, and then promising the Olympic Committee that Chicago taxpayers would gladly pay for any overrun. It's like were in some bizarro world over here...politicians lead a completely separate existance than the rest of us...and there is a new story EVERY SINGLE DAY.

The Meigs field ordeal was really over the top. Well put Mikey!

gerritm
07-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Can you imagine the number of crooked politicians they would grab if one of the Federal Agencies did a sting just like the one that caught all the Jersey politicians. They would have to build a bigger jail.