PDA

View Full Version : What a Par Three!

mikey
07-21-2009, 05:11 PM
The "19th Hole" is on the Legends Golf and Safari Resort, within the Entabeni Safari Conservancy in South Africa 's northeastern Limpopo Province .
A round of golf -- including the "19th Hole" and lunch -- will set you back $615.

This tee box on top of a 1,290-foot mountain may provide the toughest golf shot in the world, and more than $1 million awaits the player who can score a hole in one.

Players must take a helicopter to the top to play the longest -- and highest -- Par 3 on the planet.
Making the tee shot also requires courage -- a player needs to teeter terrifyingly close to the edge of the mammoth hillside.

Indeed, the "Extreme 19th Hole" is so high the ball takes almost 30 seconds to reach the ground.

The other 18 holes were designed by several current and well-known PGA golfers -- including Trevor Immelman, Sergio Garcia, Padraig Harrington and Robert Allenby.

So far, no one has come even close to pocketing the million-dollar prize, but Harrington was the first golfer to par the hole.

Harrington said: "This is the type of innovation and excitement we need to get more people playing golf. There aren't many new innovative ways to play the game, but this is certainly one of the best. I think this hole is awesome. I love the whole experience, the helicopter, the views, the drama and having the green the shape of Africa . And now I've got bragging rights over all the other professionals who have played this and not managed to make a three."

Mark
07-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Calling Tiger Woods.....

MattBMiller
07-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Damn!

MacGyver
07-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Good luck reading the wind on that tee shot.

Ratickle
07-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Can you stay there and hit a bucket? Or do you have to come down each time?

Trim'd Up
07-21-2009, 06:34 PM
A buddy of mine is the head greenskeeper there. They are paying him ridiculous money too!

Buoy
07-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Can you stay there and hit a bucket? Or do you have to come down each time?

I was thinking the same thing, and I'm not even a golfer.

MacGyver
07-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Funny all the golf talk lately. I've got the charity golf outing for a co-worker this Saturday. I think I need to buy about two dozen balls for the nine holes we are playing.

03darkshadow
07-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Funny all the golf talk lately. I've got the charity golf outing for a co-worker this Saturday. I think I need to buy about two dozen balls for the nine holes we are playing.

sounds like me. :rofl:

as for the course, that is awesome.

JupiterSunsation
07-21-2009, 08:05 PM
The crater size ball marks on the green must be a pain to repair.........

Cash Bar
07-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Hey, BLee, we need to play that next year bro... :)

Ratickle
07-22-2009, 07:07 AM

Anybody know the maximum velocity of a golf ball in gravitational pull/air resistence?????

MarylandMark
07-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Anybody know the maximum velocity of a golf ball in gravitational pull/air resistence?????

No reason for me to type it out again after I've explained it here a few times already: http://www.sports-talks.info/how-does-the-momentum-of-a-golf-ball-affect-the-distance-it-will-travel/

Shah Mat
07-23-2009, 07:18 AM

Show up early get a large bucket of range balls then go to the range for a warm up. Hit about 10 balls and then dump the rest in your bag. It's not stealing the balls..... later on you're going to leave them all over their property. :rofl:

Davidmnc
07-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Show up early get a large bucket of range balls then go to the range for a warm up. Hit about 10 balls and then dump the rest in your bag. It's not stealing the balls..... later on you're going to leave them all over their property. :rofl:

Now that is class! :26:

Mark
07-23-2009, 02:01 PM

When I was a teen, we played a course where the first hole was along the range. Filled up for free and usually saved those balls for water holes.

MacGyver
07-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Excellent idea :D

FOUR.......................................

MattBMiller
07-23-2009, 08:27 PM

How the heck do you even see where the ball lands??