PDA

View Full Version : It's fuggin HOT!!!

Buoy
07-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Damn, I knew AZ was gonna be hot.
115 today. Cooled down to 95 last night.
It's not as bad as 90's or the occasional 100 back in Toledo, but it's still fuggin hot.
I was outside (in the shade) to smoke, and sitting still I'm sweating.
I walked out into the sun where my good ole CHARCOAL grill is and checked the thermometer on the lid. 195 degrees with no fire.
I guess I could save on coal by slow cooking.:26:
It isn't beating me yet, but, it is hot.

phragle
07-18-2009, 08:25 PM
it's not monsoon season...wait untill it's 115, and the skies open up...it cools to 114 with 95% humidity for a few hours...

MOBILEMERCMAN
07-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Tim, I hear you. It has been hot here too. 95 at the 10 O'clock news at night. This morning it was 78. Felt like a cold front. I have some what acclimated. I used to keep ac at 70 and felt hot at 80. Now the AC is 82 at night 84 during the day and it is comfortable. I now enjoy 90 and don't sweat unless I am in the sun. What gets me is there are still kids working around in jeans and and long sleeves. Some even dress in black. Me I can't wear socks much less long pants.

I will take the heat over freezing any day.

Buoy
07-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Rob, when does monsoon season actually start?
I've heard conflicting things, and some are saying it's now.
We had a good dust/wind thing come through last night, and some were calling that a monsoon.
I'm actually looking forward to a torrential downpour monsoon.

Buoy
07-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah Jim, I'm getting acclimated. and it's really not that bad, but it is hot.
AC is set at 78-80, back in Kentucky it would have been 74.
Back there, in my office, it would be between 70-72, and I'd wear long sleeve shirts everyday just to keep warm. Not alot of fat on this body (not a lot of tone either:biggrinjester:)
But I'll take this heat over having my hands go numb and white for a half-hour from taking out the garbage for a few minutes in February.

inbetween
07-18-2009, 09:58 PM
You need to be back in OH. mid sixties for a high today. Straight to October.

Buoy
07-18-2009, 10:20 PM
You need to be back in OH. mid sixties for a high today. Straight to October.

Talked to my folks earlier - I'll pass.

Bobcat
07-18-2009, 10:47 PM
90 here, with 98% humidity:rolleyes:

but I like it, when you sweat , you feel like you have accomplished something:)

You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well, or deselect this post

that is at the bottom of all my post boxes?????

inbetween
07-18-2009, 10:52 PM
You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well, or deselect this post

that is at the bottom of all my post boxes?????

Now where did I push that quote off button...:willy_nilly:

MOBILEMERCMAN
07-18-2009, 11:47 PM
I saw clouds today. First time in a long time. Maybe they will spit on me.

Buoy
07-19-2009, 01:08 AM
I got wind and a dust storm now.
Glad I didn't bother washing the trucks today.

cosmic12
07-19-2009, 06:47 AM
I am not looking forward to my trip back there during the monsoon season.
I would really like to come see ya, And please take no offence but I am doing everything I can to get outa that job.
I have been in Fla for 3 weeks now and this heat is killing me.
I kinda passed out 2 days ago from working way to hard and in and out of the heat/AC
hit me hard and down I went. I feel your pain man,that sun hurts.

fund razor
07-19-2009, 07:06 AM
I was thinking this morning that this cool weather we are having has been great for working in it. I have been outside almost all the time. It will swing back in your favor when you can spend the entire winter in shirtsleeves working on the boat and mine will be in a frozen warehouse.

Chris
07-19-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm hoping this low-mid 70's stuff just lingers into early November.

The only thing that hasn't surprised me is that it didn't snow here last month.

BBB725
07-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Just got back from St Paul Minnesota yesterday was 57 and cloudy send the heat up here:sifone:

MacGyver
07-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Hey Tim, Can you fry an egg on your driveway :D

Wrinkleface
07-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Just got back from St Paul Minnesota yesterday was 57 and cloudy send the heat up here:sifone:

suck'n in Michigan!!!!! yesterday seemed like a November day!! No chit!!:(

Buoy
07-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Hey Tim, Can you fry an egg on your driveway :D

I'm sure I could.

I was thinking of slow cooking a big chunk of beef today by just putting it in the grill, without any charcoal, and setting the grill in the sun.

BBB725
07-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Hey Wrink, yep went to a car show Friday with 2 sweatshirts on, windy, cloudy and about 60, just sucks for July. This show two years ago was 103 all weekend go figure:sifone:

cuda
07-19-2009, 01:09 PM
It was cloudy all day yesterday, with a t storm in the afternoon. The high was 92.

I've yet to hear of someone dropping dead from a heart attack after shoveling sunshine out of their driveway. If I move again, you can bet it will be farther south. I went to Minn when I was 22 and in love. I stayed one night, and caught a plane back to Tampa the next evening. I've never felt the need to visit that God awful place again.

gerritm
07-20-2009, 09:27 AM
But it's a dry heat? My son spent a year in Phoenix at motorcycle mechanics school and I visited him several times. We took the bikes out and it was 114 when we left. We rode up in the mountains and the temp dropped down to the low 70's. I have never been so hot in my life.

cuda
07-20-2009, 09:50 AM
I came across Kansas in a Ryder truck with my dad when we moved from Oregon to Florida. 115 is hot, whether it is a dry heat or not! No a/c, and when I rolled the window down, it felt like standing in front of a blast furnace. :(

Geronimo36
07-20-2009, 01:22 PM
I was thinking this morning that this cool weather we are having has been great for working in it. I have been outside almost all the time. It will swing back in your favor when you can spend the entire winter in shirtsleeves working on the boat and mine will be in a frozen warehouse.

I'm hoping this low-mid 70's stuff just lingers into early November.

The only thing that hasn't surprised me is that it didn't snow here last month.

I was talking to someone in Ft. Lauderdale last week. They took their boat out and returned to the dock shortly therafter becasue it was too hot to go boating.

Last 3 weekends have been great in NJ... 80-85 degrees with zero humidity which is kinda odd... Last Thursday/Friday we had mid/upper 80's and some humidity and it felt like we were having a heat wave. We ran our AC for a total of 3 days in 09'. Crazy as it sounds, I was hoping for a little t-storm last week so I didn't have to water the lawn. :sifone:

We just had to get past 30+ days of rain but since then it's been phenominal!:26:

Watch....I just jinx'ed myself....:leaving:

Geronimo36
07-20-2009, 01:24 PM
I've yet to hear of someone dropping dead from a heart attack after shoveling sunshine out of their driveway. Not my fault people eat Mc D's and are overweight!

Heat stroke kills also.....

PS, if I had my way I'd have two houses.....one north and one south.

cuda
07-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Not my fault people eat Mc D's and are overweight!

Heat stroke kills also.....

PS, if I had my way I'd have two houses.....one north and one south.

Me too. One in Oregon, and one in Florida, but then again, if my aunt had balls, she's be my undle.

Bobcat
07-20-2009, 05:15 PM
undle cuda....I like it:sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
07-20-2009, 05:47 PM
cold front came through only 98 today.

Dude! Sweet!
07-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Hot and sexaaaay!!!! Awww yeah! :reddevil:

Dude! Sweet!
07-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Going to race the shifter kart in a couple weeks up at Willow Springs (Mohave desert). Last time we ran up there it was 116. Better than 16 anytime in my book!

cuda
07-20-2009, 06:19 PM
undle cuda....I like it:sifone:

It's my uncle's brother. :)

cuda
07-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Hot and sexaaaay!!!! Awww yeah! :reddevil:

How in the world did you come up with sexy, Dude?

Dude! Sweet!
07-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Doesn't "SEXY" always come after "F*ckin' HOT!"?

cuda
07-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Doesn't "SEXY" always come after "F*ckin' HOT!"?

Ummm, no.

MOBILEMERCMAN
07-20-2009, 08:31 PM
It is like there is a force field around Austin. You can watch on radar the rain comes then it disappears and reappears on the other side town. Un f'in believable

Official high today a cool 99 Rain everywhere around but here.

Buoy
07-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Had a strong shower roll through today, ground was completely dry in 30 minutes.

Good monsoon last night (First of the season), nothing but a mess of leaves by morning.

FormulaOne
07-20-2009, 10:02 PM
My body has been fighting with me for three weeks! Went to san Antonio, record high temps. Come back to ohio two weeks later to record lows. When I got home I didn't know if I should water the lawn or get ready to rake leaves!

Bobcat
07-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Had a strong shower roll through today, ground was completely dry in 30 minutes.

Good monsoon last night (First of the season), nothing but a mess of leaves by morning.

as humid as it is here if it quits raining by 2 in the afternoon the ballfields are dry enough to play a 6:30 ballgame,plus if it is raining on one side of the island the other can be bone dry.

Bobcat
07-20-2009, 10:21 PM
My body has been fighting with me for there weeks! Went to san Antonio, record high temps. Come back to ohio two weeks later to record lows. When I got home I didn't know if I should water the lawn or get ready to rake leaves!

you'll catch hell for using the R word this early in the "summer" :sifone:

Geronimo36
07-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Low 70's and rain today. the grass is getting a nice watering, it was starting to get a little burned.. ;)

The rest of the week is supposed to be low/mid 80's with and isolated afternoon storm. :)

TCEd
07-21-2009, 10:59 AM
It is like there is a force field around Austin. You can watch on radar the rain comes then it disappears and reappears on the other side town. Un f'in believable

Official high today a cool 99 Rain everywhere around but here.

The hottest, muggiest place I ever spent time at is Ft. Hood, Tx.
Spent a couple summers there working on some military products our company builds, brutal weather.
Austin was great.
ed