PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin weinermobile crashes

Bobcat
07-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Oscar Mayer Wienermobile crashes into Wis. home
AP

An Oscar Meyer Wienermobile crashed into the home and outdoor deck of Nick Krupp AP – An Oscar Meyer Wienermobile crashed into the home and outdoor deck of Nick Krupp in Racine, Wis. on Friday …
Fri Jul 17, 9:01 pm ET

MOUNT PLEASANT, Wis. – One southern Wisconsin homeowner is probably not in love with the Oscar Mayer wiener. The famed hot dog's Wienermobile crashed Friday into the deck and garage of a home in Mount Pleasant, about 35 miles south of Milwaukee.

Police said the driver was trying to turn the Wienermobile around in the driveway and thought she was moving in reverse. But she instead went forward and hit the home. It sat in the driveway as if it were stuck in the garage Friday afternoon.

No one was home and no one was injured. No citations were immediately issued.

Both the home and vehicle suffered moderate damage, which Oscar Mayer spokeswoman Sydney Lindner says insurance will cover.

Police hadn't been able to speak to the homeowner as of early Friday evening.

Ratickle
07-18-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm surprised they let a woman drive that.......:sifone:

(Let me know when to run from Chief and Donzi):leaving:

Chris
07-18-2009, 08:57 AM
How cool would it be to own a Weinermobile? And a Weinerboat to tow along behind? Gotta' love those Weinerwhistles!

fund razor
07-18-2009, 09:16 AM
How cool would it be to own a Weinermobile? And a Weinerboat to tow along behind? Gotta' love those Weinerwhistles!

And a Dachshund named "weenie."

Tony
07-18-2009, 09:21 AM

Does the weinermobile have adequate suspension and power to tow a Fountain? :03:

phragle
07-18-2009, 09:22 AM
would you let a woman drive your weiner?

would you let a woman park your wiener in her garage?

this appears to be the case, but Oscar's weiner was just to big....

<side thought> If said female was driving your weiner down the freeway, and drifted over the side onto the rumble strip, would it still be a weiner?? or a 70 mile per hour, 300 horsepower vibrator?

Chris
07-18-2009, 10:34 AM
They built some on medium-duty truck chassis. The're big SOB's. The size of a motorhome.

MattBMiller
07-18-2009, 10:43 AM
<side thought> If said female was driving your weiner down the freeway, and drifted over the side onto the rumble strip, would it still be a weiner?? or a 70 mile per hour, 300 horsepower vibrator?

:rofl::rofl:

MattBMiller
07-18-2009, 10:44 AM
They built some on medium-duty truck chassis. The're big SOB's. The size of a motorhome.

I see you're pretty up on your weiner mobile facts!:26:

fund razor
07-18-2009, 10:46 AM

Yeah. The Hershey Kissmobile used to visit the children's hospital. It was enormous and they always had these interns just out of, or still in college. They worked for a marketing/PR firm out of Chicago. The kissmobiles were big monsters. Funny when two 95 pound marketing chicks popped out in matching polos.

I am sure that it's the same with Oscar Meyer. The company doesn't coordinate that campaign. An agency does. Usually several identical vehicles and the "routes" are east and west of the mississippi. Their "tour" is planned all the way to the fall. Then they go back to school and the vehicles get stored for the winter. They can only do it for two years and then they get fired because the firm feels that they get blase and jaded after two tours and they start "phoning it in." I can picture it. "yeah, yeah we are the weiner mobile. Whatever. Where is the bar?"

Wobble
07-18-2009, 10:47 AM

I'd rather have a Batmobile:sifone:

Bobcat
07-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Yeah. The Hershey Kissmobile used to visit the children's hospital. It was enormous and they always had these interns just out of, or still in college. They worked for a marketing/PR firm out of Chicago. The kissmobiles were big monsters. Funny when two 95 pound marketing chicks popped out in matching polos.

I am sure that it's the same with Oscar Meyer. The company doesn't coordinate that campaign. An agency does. Usually several identical vehicles and the "routes" are east and west of the mississippi. Their "tour" is planned all the way to the fall. Then they go back to school and the vehicles get stored for the winter. They can only do it for two years and then they get fired because the firm feels that they get blase and jaded after two tours and they start "phoning it in." I can picture it. "yeah, yeah we are the weiner mobile. Whatever. Where is the bar?"

the thousand yard weinermobile stare......yea man, I was there.:sifone:

03darkshadow
07-18-2009, 11:04 AM
it'll fit in here, dont worry baby.

Chris
07-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Not really up on it, per se, but certainly interested. I mean, how cool is a giant hot dog shaped truck?

I just went and Googled it- the wikipedia thing is pretty interesting- at least for a dork like me. They even have yesterday's crash listed.

Chris
07-18-2009, 11:09 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wienermobile

MattBMiller
07-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Sweet....comes with a horn that plays the Wiener Jingle in 21 different genres from Cajun to Rap to Bossa Nova!

inbetween
07-18-2009, 11:42 AM
You wanna put what? where? It ain't gonna fit...

Trust me honey, it'll fit...:kiss:

fund razor
07-18-2009, 11:56 AM
I was close. Kraft runs their own program.

The Kissmobile is waaayyyy bigger than the weinermobile.

fund razor
07-18-2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.hersheys.com/kisses/kissmobile/

fund razor
07-18-2009, 12:00 PM
http://www.prototypesource.com/pepperidge-farm-goldfish.htm

Goldfish Mobile

Ratickle
07-18-2009, 12:02 PM
:boxing_smiley:pics bud....

Ratickle
07-18-2009, 12:03 PM

Goldfish Mobile

Tony
07-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Imagine explaining that you someone in a casual conversation.

So, what is it you do for a living? Uh I drive a hotdog.

J-Bonz
07-18-2009, 12:46 PM
You wanna put what? where? It ain't gonna fit...

Trust me honey, it'll fit...:kiss:

Thats what I was thinking............ :)

Scarab KV
07-18-2009, 02:23 PM

About 20 years ago I met 10-12 weiner mobiles on I-80 in Illinois run'n in a pack. What would you even call that. Better leave that one for Rob:sifone:

Scarab KV
07-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Arizona Daily Star

TUCSON, Ariz. _ Cops everywhere can rest a little easier now -- there's no longer a need to be on the lookout for a hot Wienermobile.

Oscar Mayer's super-sized fiberglass hot dog on a bun was pulled over Wednesday morning.

Blame a few bad keystrokes rather than the munchies for the unscheduled stop.

A bad computer entry mistakenly showed that the Wienermobile was sporting a stolen license plate, prompting an officer in an unmarked car to pull the dog over, said Officer Carmen Figueroa, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Public Safety.

A DPS officer in a marked patrol car and another on a motorcycle came by to get a closer look at the unusual stop.

An officer called the police agency that made the computer entry, talked with the Columbia Police Department in Wisconsin and learned that the entry should have read that the license plate had been stolen if it was on any vehicle that isn't a giant hot dog.

The Wienermobile -- with a Wisconsin license plate reading "YUMMY" -- was allowed to go about its business.

The state DPS was changing the computer entry so the Wienermobile and its driver can avoid future entanglements with the law, Figueroa said.
:driving:

cosmic12
07-18-2009, 02:40 PM

I like the Gold Fish Mobile:driving:

cosmic12
07-18-2009, 02:41 PM
would you let a woman drive your weiner?

would you let a woman park your wiener in her garage?

this appears to be the case, but Oscar's weiner was just to big....

:driving::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Scarab KV
07-18-2009, 03:07 PM
I'd rather have a Batmobile:sifone:

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Chicks dig the Batmobile:biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
07-18-2009, 03:09 PM

Goldfish Mobile

Now that's cool.....where do I sign up:driving:

Wobble
07-18-2009, 05:03 PM
:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Chicks dig the Batmobile:biggrinjester:

Sandra Taylor, now she's a blast from the past. :sifone:

Chris
07-18-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm going to build a SeriousOffshoreMobile. All I need is an old canopy raceboat and...

phragle
07-18-2009, 06:27 PM
About 20 years ago I met 10-12 weiner mobiles on I-80 in Illinois run'n in a pack. What would you even call that. Better leave that one for Rob:sifone:

that would be wiener mobiles in 3D...

Dozen
Dogs
Driving

Bobcat
07-18-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm going to build a SeriousOffshoreMobile. All I need is an old canopy raceboat and...

some 55" tires (no spinners)

Scarab KV
07-18-2009, 06:29 PM

Ohhhh GL........:sifone:

phragle
07-18-2009, 06:32 PM
I have a pik, but it's at home and Im at work..it will be posted later

inbetween
07-18-2009, 10:04 PM

Is this the prototype?

Tony
07-18-2009, 10:56 PM
The SeriousOffshoreMobile is a 50 Carey on a 50 ton Euc rigid frame.

inbetween
07-18-2009, 10:57 PM
There is a Cary in the above pic

phragle
07-19-2009, 12:44 AM
I have a pik, but it's at home and Im at work..it will be posted later

Ok... here it is, Chris' shiny new Serious Offshore Mobile....

cosmic12
07-19-2009, 06:02 AM
How about a Bud can
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUDWEISER-BUD-LIGHT-BEER-PARTY-CAR-GOTTA-SEE_W0QQitemZ110414680804QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item19b53a5 2e4&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317

Ratickle
07-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Ok... here it is, Chris' shiny new Serious Offshore Mobile....

I like it, but the flybridge may have to go.....

Ratickle
07-19-2009, 08:47 AM
How about a Bud can
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUDWEISER-BUD-LIGHT-BEER-PARTY-CAR-GOTTA-SEE_W0QQitemZ110414680804QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item19b53a5 2e4&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317

phragle
07-19-2009, 09:33 AM
I like it, but the flybridge may have to go.....

Don't bag on Sunkin's flybridge...he has 50 cals hidden in there. :sifone: