PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Mike Bobbit (Risky Business 46 Skater) on his Rum Run win!

Tank
07-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Congrats to Mike and Larry, winning 1st over all at the Rum Run Race today in Southern California. Mike and Larry were running Mike's 40' Skater "Risky Business" and took 1st place.

From what I heard, he was straight gettin' it coming across the finish line...I'm sure video will be posted soon!!

For those of you that know Mike, you know what a cool down to earth guy he is and a deserved win for him. Nice to see those that run their boats with their families on an average weekend, go out and let it all hang out in a race on Sunday in true old school offshore racing fashion (race to catalina island and back).

Sustained high MPH coupled with superior navigational skill is something to really brag about.

Congrats guys!

Bobcat
07-12-2009, 10:55 PM
congrats ! love that 2nd pic!

Bgchuby01
07-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Mike's boat behind my truck last month coming back from Havasu. Congrats to Mike.

MarylandMark
07-13-2009, 06:55 AM
Scope 07 (http://www.extremeboatsmag.com/index.php?option=com_seyret&task=videodirectlink&id=88&Itemid=1)

jayboat
07-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Great looking boat. What was the avg speed?

Bgchuby01
07-13-2009, 08:30 AM
Jay don't know the speeds but Mikes boat has big ol PSI blower motors from Paul Phaff racing engines in Huntington Beach, Calif taken care of by gordy

Big Time
07-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Mike's boat behind my truck last month coming back from Havasu. Congrats to Mike.

Those 6's painted up to match the boat are pretty cool! Nice touch!

Dude! Sweet!
07-13-2009, 11:00 AM
I was at the race. I'll get my buddy to email some video today. That boat sh!ts and g!ts! We watched the start from just outside the gate and Mike was laying down the law. PT's old 46 Skater was on it hard too. But I guess he lost a prop at the Island. Pat W did a good write up about the race down in the general racing discussion section.

Ski race on Saturday was awesome as well.