PDA

View Full Version : Shootout Noise Info

Ron P
07-11-2009, 10:36 PM
I was asked to post this by a friend that's involved with the Shootout.

---------------------------------------------------------

We just made great stride with the Missouri State Water Patrol and the local Noise Ordinance at LOTO in 09

Historically, they have given tickets to boaters around the Shootout weekend at LOTO

I am in charge of Racers Communications for the shootout, and we just closed negotiations with the water patrol,,,, And all BOATS REGISTERED FOR THE LOTO SHOOTOUT, BEFORE WEDNESDAY AUGUST 26TH

Will be exempt from the noise issues for Thursday, Friday , Saturday and Sunday at LOTO

On thursday morning, a list of all registered boats will be given to the Water Patrol Captain.

So we encourage all boaters to pre register there boat for the shootout( .....on line), this was a very positive cooperation with the Missouri Water Patrol

Tommy Gun
07-12-2009, 09:40 AM

We just made great stride with the Missouri State Water Patrol and the local Noise Ordinance at LOTO in 09

Historically, they have given tickets to boaters around the Shootout weekend at LOTO

I am in charge of Racers Communications for the shootout, and we just closed negotiations with the water patrol,,,, And all BOATS REGISTERED FOR THE LOTO SHOOTOUT, BEFORE WEDNESDAY AUGUST 26TH

Will be exempt from the noise issues for Thursday, Friday , Saturday and Sunday at LOTO

On thursday morning, a list of all registered boats will be given to the Water Patrol Captain.

So we encourage all boaters to pre register there boat for the shootout( .....on line), this was a very positive cooperation with the Missouri Water Patrol

That is a great gesture by the Water Patrol allowing the performance boaters to have a weekend to themselves.

FastDonzi
07-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Do you mean boats that are registered to make a run in the event? or spectator boats also.(not going to make a run) I find it odd they would ticket a boat that is there to make a run, since it's probably a loud performance boat.

Todd
07-12-2009, 10:06 AM

This is great news. Lake of the Ozarks, ShootOut is a great race but we need the ability to test our boats. Being able to run without mufflers, prior to the race, will make testing better and the event even that much more spactacular.

Todd
07-12-2009, 10:07 AM
This is great news. Lake of the Ozarks, ShootOut is a great race but we need the ability to test our boats. Being able to run without mufflers, prior to the race, will make testing better and the event even that much more spactacular.