PDA

View Full Version : Portofino 43 Owners?

JETJOCK
07-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Anyone on here have a Portofino?

JETJOCK
01-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Anyone? Anyone?

old377guy
01-08-2010, 11:06 PM
nope

JETJOCK
01-08-2010, 11:07 PM
I think one would look cool parked next to my 38KV......what ya think?

Quinlan
01-09-2010, 03:34 PM
We have an 87. Had it about 5 yrs now. Big boat lots of room.
Havnt had to many issues. We had it surveyd and there were some blisters on the bottom. not to bad had fixd when new bottom paint.
We have been having issues w the gen some times its not getting gas. Still havent figured it out.
1 serious issue was the fuel fill hoses from fill to tank were CRACKED bad gas going right into bildge! Must ck that!!!

Another story got a visitor at the house asking why we had a Loan on HIS boat!
Long story short Wellcraft made 2 boats w same HIN. Go figure Crazy 80s I guess

Quinlan
01-09-2010, 03:35 PM
O and YES it would look good parked next to the KV

JETJOCK
01-09-2010, 05:35 PM
My parents had a 1987 they bought new. My dad sold it in 94-95ish. I remember him saying that the bank loan was "lossed" and no one billed him on the loan for over 6 years! Talk about crazy 80's!!!!

I am looking at a 1989 model to live aboard.

Quinlan
02-09-2010, 09:39 PM
So did you do it?

JETJOCK
02-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Still looking for one. Found one on ebay but my intel tells me its crap.

Another problem is so many of them a FAR AWAY from Texas or Florida....and it will costs some $$$$ to truck it.

Anyone know of some avialable in Texas..?

JETJOCK
02-12-2010, 12:52 PM
So did you do it?

I WANT to do it!

Find me one!!!!

Quinlan
02-15-2010, 09:42 PM
I look in boattrader to see what kind of updates people have done. I thought I saw some in Tx like houston maybe. Let me ck again. Several had Diesels and the PRICE accordingly.

JETJOCK
02-15-2010, 09:46 PM
I look in boattrader to see what kind of updates people have done. I thought I saw some in Tx like houston maybe. Let me ck again. Several had Diesels and the PRICE accordingly.

I see one in League City (Houston area) priced at 89K.....yes it has Diesels, but it look really dirty on the out and inside.

The price range right now is 25K-150K as per Yachtworld

Quinlan
02-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Uglyjohns.com has one here on Grand. I looked at it a few yrs ago before it went to another ncame back to Grand. Talked to the guy that had it then for a couple hours one day. He was doing quite a bit of fix up but now for sale again. not sure why. It had a lot of hours,over 1000 sumthing. Pretty sure it has been freshwater most of its life. I also noticed the side exit pipes are gone and the sides have been repainted.
Cant imagine what it would cost to haul to Houston. Heavy MOFOs

JETJOCK
02-24-2010, 11:27 PM
I saw the one at Ugly Johns....not too impressed. The one in Texas sucked! REal dirty boat with all kinds of mold...but it had Diesels as if that makes it worth 89K! NOT!

Shipping is an issue....I think about 5-7K.

JETJOCK
03-06-2010, 11:11 AM
If the Survey goes well this will be parked next to my 38KV Scarab....

Still looking for Shipper Florida to Texas..

rchevelle71
03-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Randy,

you got mail, and 120 pics

Rick

JETJOCK
03-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Randy,

you got mail, and 120 pics

Rick

Thanks again Rick!

I cannot say enough that its great to see my buds form this forum offering to help out!

I hope I can return the favor someday!

PICS LOOK GOOD I THINK WE ARE A GO!!! Ed Cozzi is gonna do the survey and then she heads to Texas.

Randy

rchevelle71
03-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Thanks again Rick!

I cannot say enough that its great to see my buds form this forum offering to help out!

I hope I can return the favor someday!

PICS LOOK GOOD I THINK WE ARE A GO!!! Ed Cozzi is gonna do the survey and then she heads to Texas.

Randy

No Problem Randy, it was just a few hours on a saturday, and Travis seems like one of the better ones in the marine business.

It is a really clean boat, The only thing I am not so big on is the previous damage in the rear corners, and the light blue paint rolled on the sides, but that is just cosmetic. He did a GREAT job on the dash, all new switches, gages etc. Motors started right up, no smoke, idled perfect, and temps were good. I cant get over how clean it is, they keep it spotless(other than the fact that with a woman living aboard, there is a lot of stuff, in drawers etc) No dirt, mold, or mildewy smell anywhere. It has a flat panel TV, DVD, surround with subwoofer in the salon, and another flat panel, dvd in the cabin. GPS with bottom finder, Auto Pilot which the owner stated he did not know if it worked, he has never tried it. A ton of new stuff, everything is upgraded. Even has spare props, and a spare shaft mounted in the engine compartment if needed. Give me a call when you get into town, and if I can get away for a few hours, we'll meet up.

Rick

Scarab KV
03-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Looks pretty nice Randy

JETJOCK
03-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Well, I think it's a go, just need to wait and see what the Survey will reveal. I am pretty excited about living on a boat instead of another rental. I think I am going to sell my house in Florida since I do not see myself going back anytime soon.

Again-THANKS to everyone with the help, input, and suggestions.

Scarab KV
03-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Liv'n the dream:)

JETJOCK
03-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Liv'n the dream:)

Yeah....after SIX long months of NIGHTMARES liv'n in Memphis.....

Scarab KV
03-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Yeah....after SIX long months of NIGHTMARES liv'n in Memphis.....

Elvis sightings? :rofl:

Quinlan
03-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Good job. The dash is VERY nice and I am goin to try on mine soon!

JETJOCK
03-07-2010, 08:07 PM
The owner (seller) is from Itlay and builds boats. I guess he rewired the entire helm station with a great profile of the boat with LED lights that indicate nav lights, bildge pumps, etc...on or off. I guess he had some connection to Hatteras (sp?) as you can see the hardware is similar.

JETJOCK
03-09-2010, 08:14 PM
:mad:

So....I get a call today from the "Broker"

He tells me he didn't get around to getting the seller to sign the contract and he "got another offer over the weekend" and was meaning to call me about that but didn't get around to it until today! :icon_bs:

I had Ed Cozzi lined up to do the Survey, bought a plane ticket to FLL and was ready to rock on the deal....now I am told the "other offer" was for 4K more and he just wanted to know if I would like to increase my offer?

WTFO? --Thought I was dealing with a Professional and not a car salesman.

Quinlan
03-09-2010, 08:39 PM
HMMM sounds little fishy

JETJOCK
03-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Curious as to what everyone thinks....

I make an OFFER....it is "accepted"

You sign a contract send a "good faith deposit" (big hurry to get that) line up a fellow SERIOUSOFFSHORE guy (Rick) to go take a look, then line up a top rated Surveyor, get bids lined up for Transport, get your hopes up and get excited about buying a boat--then a call comes in and your listen as the Broker explains that since he got your offer another one came in LATER (3 days later) and he will "have" to present both offers.

Gee-I made plans, lined up a surveyor, bought a plane ticket, hotel, rental car, and now I feel like I am dealing with someone from National Liquidators!

--And I get an email "not to cancel any plans" as the Broker may be able to "work around this problem"

HA! HA! --what is this April fools?

Sick to my stomach--

Scarab KV
03-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Curious as to what everyone thinks....

I make an OFFER....it is "accepted"

You sign a contract send a "good faith deposit" (big hurry to get that) line up a fellow SERIOUSOFFSHORE guy (Rick) to go take a look, then line up a top rated Surveyor, get bids lined up for Transport, get your hopes up and get excited about buying a boat--then a call comes in and your listen as the Broker explains that since he got your offer another one came in LATER (3 days later) and he will "have" to present both offers.

Gee-I made plans, lined up a surveyor, bought a plane ticket, hotel, rental car, and now I feel like I am dealing with someone from National Liquidators!

--And I get an email "not to cancel any plans" as the Broker may be able to "work around this problem"

HA! HA! --what is this April fools?

Sick to my stomach--

Call his bluff Randy. Tell him your offer stands for 24 hrs, but when the other offer falls through, yours drops 4k.

rchevelle71
03-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Randy,

Sorry to hear this, I thought Travis was a straight shooter, and came across as one of the better ones in the marine industry, but I would call his bluff, unless of course you dont want to take a chance at losing it.

Rick

JETJOCK
03-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Randy,

Sorry to hear this, I thought Travis was a straight shooter, and came across as one of the better ones in the marine industry, but I would call his bluff, unless of course you dont want to take a chance at losing it.

Rick

He seems like a nice guy.....but I guess $$$ makes you "different"

We will see what happens....

JETJOCK
03-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Call his bluff Randy. Tell him your offer stands for 24 hrs, but when the other offer falls through, yours drops 4k.

Good idea ......

Scarab KV
03-10-2010, 12:30 AM
There's no such thing as "Get'n around to it" when it comes to a customer that has all his ducks in a row and ready to pull the trigger.

Just my .02

BUIZILLA
03-10-2010, 08:27 AM
tell the jerkoff you want to do deal direct with the owner, and he can get his cut from him when the deal is done, and he has 24 hours to do just that. If the owner is in Italy how can get a sig that fast anyways... any broker that's honest would recognize you have a good faith deal in the works, and he would have told the other party that a deal was in progress, obviously he's not honest.. post his name here if the deal sours...

rchevelle71
03-10-2010, 09:22 AM
tell the jerkoff you want to do deal direct with the owner, and he can get his cut from him when the deal is done, and he has 24 hours to do just that. If the owner is in Italy how can get a sig that fast anyways... any broker that's honest would recognize you have a good faith deal in the works, and he would have told the other party that a deal was in progress, obviously he's not honest.. post his name here if the deal sours...

The owner lives on the boat in Miami 6 months out of the year, and is there right now, I know where it is, and would take Randy there, but it is a gated community, and need vendor access which the broker has:rolleyes:

JETJOCK
03-10-2010, 10:44 AM
The owner lives on the boat in Miami 6 months out of the year, and is there right now, I know where it is, and would take Randy there, but it is a gated community, and need vendor access which the broker has:rolleyes:

I would need to find an Italian speaker (I know some hot Brasilian girls that speak Portugese....so that is an option--hahahah)

The Broker is to call me back at 2:30 ....so we will see what he says.

Like women, and fish....plenty more boats in the Ocean.

JETJOCK
03-10-2010, 03:07 PM
I called, talked with a Poker Face....called the Bluff.

Since I am such a "nice" guy and I am ready to move they will accept my lower offer....

TRANSLATION: (There NEVER was another offer and we are worried you are really going away)

-Anyway on to the Survey and Sea Trial....

rchevelle71
03-10-2010, 03:49 PM
I would need to find an Italian speaker (I know some hot Brasilian girls that speak Portugese....so that is an option--hahahah)

The Broker is to call me back at 2:30 ....so we will see what he says.

Like women, and fish....plenty more boats in the Ocean.

The owner speaks enough English to get by.

rchevelle71
03-10-2010, 03:50 PM
I called, talked with a Poker Face....called the Bluff.

Since I am such a "nice" guy and I am ready to move they will accept my lower offer....

TRANSLATION: (There NEVER was another offer and we are worried you are really going away)

-Anyway on to the Survey and Sea Trial....

Great News, guess I shouldnt judge a book (Travis) by its cover:rolleyes:

Scarab KV
03-10-2010, 04:28 PM
*note to self*
Never play poker with Randy :D

Glad it worked out for ya buddy.

JETJOCK
03-10-2010, 07:38 PM
*note to self*
Never play poker with Randy :D

Glad it worked out for ya buddy.

--We will see how the Survey goes.....trying to put the nightmare behind me.

Quinlan
03-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Glad you are working thru the BS. Are they gonna pull it out to check bottom too? Ours had a few small blisters but nothing to major.

JETJOCK
03-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Yes, we are gonna pull it..my Surveyor said he would have it no other way.

--I'll keep ya all informed, again thanks for the input and help

rchevelle71
03-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Yes, we are gonna pull it..my Surveyor said he would have it no other way.

--I'll keep ya all informed, again thanks for the input and help

have you made arrangements to pull it yet? I forgot to tell you, it is not actually at Harbor Towne, it is at a private slip in Aventura.

JETJOCK
03-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Saw the boat today, and had Ed Cozzi start the Survey--WX was to crappy for a Sea Trial so we will do it in the morning. Everything looks good so far, boat is really clean, dry, and maintained.

Scarab KV
03-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Saw the boat today, and had Ed Cozzi start the Survey--WX was to crappy for a Sea Trial so we will do it in the morning. Everything looks good so far, boat is really clean, dry, and maintained.

Cool.

Just make sure you put that thing in a marina that has room to park a rig.
My ego needs to come down for a visit:D

JETJOCK
03-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Cool.

Just make sure you put that thing in a marina that has room to park a rig.
My ego needs to come down for a visit:D

Always welcome big guy! I wish you would pull boats! I am looking at transport companies as we speak.

Ed Cozzi is a neat guy, made the trip worth it I learned a lot while he was on the survey. The Broker kissed ass as they do--always a game I guess when you are "making deals"

Just trying to think up a name for her:

One that jumped out at me was JET LAGGED since my 38KV is Jet Lag.

Open to suggestions from my friends online????

Scarab KV
03-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Always welcome big guy! I wish you would pull boats! I am looking at transport companies as we speak.

Ed Cozzi is a neat guy, made the trip worth it I learned a lot while he was on the survey. The Broker kissed ass as they do--always a game I guess when you are "making deals"

Just trying to think up a name for her:

One that jumped out at me was JET LAGGED since my 38KV is Jet Lag.

Open to suggestions from my friends online????

Glad it's all com'n together for ya.
Will put some thought to help with the name.

Quinlan
03-22-2010, 08:47 AM
How did the survey go?

JETJOCK
03-22-2010, 08:50 AM
How did the survey go?

Ed Cozzi did the Survey and it went fine. Couple of minor stuff that is usual and I expected, the Stringers were dry and he pointed out some of the nice things that were done to the boat--expecially all the new hull fittings, wiring, etc.

I am headed down to pick her up and get her loaded on a trailer to send her to Texas.

rchevelle71
03-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Ed Cozzi did the Survey and it went fine. Couple of minor stuff that is usual and I expected, the Stringers were dry and he pointed out some of the nice things that were done to the boat--expecially all the new hull fittings, wiring, etc.

I am headed down to pick her up and get her loaded on a trailer to send her to Texas.

Sounds good.

Quinlan
03-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Good news!

Quinlan
04-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Got it home yet?

JETJOCK
04-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Got it home yet?

Moved her up the intercostal to First Marine in FLL....had her loaded on a truck and now she is in Texas with new bottom paint.

Scarab KV
04-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Moved her up the intercostal to First Marine in FLL....had her loaded on a truck and now she is in Texas with new bottom paint.

Cool deal Sonny...umm...I mean Randy:D

Quinlan
04-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Good deal.

JETJOCK
04-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Sleeping on her tonight!

Scarab KV
04-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Sleeping on her tonight!

How long before the grin goes away?:D

scarabman
04-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Sleeping on her tonight!

Alone........or with a SPINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers2:

JETJOCK
04-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Alone........or with a SPINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers2:

She reads this!

shhhhhhh....

Scarab KV
04-10-2010, 01:15 PM
She reads this!

shhhhhhh....

:rofl::rofl:

JETJOCK
05-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Got the Scarab in the water today in Texas. Ran out to Bay...the ripped all over Clear Lake. I saw that the slip next to my other boat was free so I put her to bed tonight right next to her big brother....

Since I didn't have a car tonight (at the other marina down the road) I took the Scarab to dinner...that was a lot of fun!

Enjoy the pics!

Jet Lag and Jet Lagged slipped up together....

UNRECONSTRUCTED
05-07-2010, 11:56 PM
I hope when the kids move out I can live this very dream with my wife.

You're living the dream! :)

James

rchevelle71
05-07-2010, 11:59 PM
NICE!!!

Scarab KV
05-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Dude....you been watch'n way too much Vice again?
Not that that's a bad thing:D

Talk to ya soon.

JETJOCK
05-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Moving on a boat--to live is the BEST thing I have done to date! I owned a 4000 Sq ft home that I would "visit" 4-6 nights a month at times. Of course having no kids helps--and no wife except for the occasional "fill in" (hahaha)

KV--when you going to get your boat back in the water?

Scarab KV
05-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Moving on a boat--to live is the BEST thing I have done to date! I owned a 4000 Sq ft home that I would "visit" 4-6 nights a month at times. Of course having no kids helps--and no wife except for the occasional "fill in" (hahaha)

KV--when you going to get your boat back in the water?

Brought it home last weekend. Wanted to get started on it this weekend, but it snowed last night, rain'n and 40° now.
Go figure:rolleyes:

UNRECONSTRUCTED
06-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Randy, do you have any interior pics of the Portifino? I'm trying to talk the wife into this in the future, but she just doesn't believe have livable these boats can be.

I want to live this dream, too, lol. :)

James

JETJOCK
06-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Ask and you shall see.........

My internet is slow...

more...

Cant post more than one at time...sorry

......and so on

Thanks!

Slow connection today!

Bobcat
06-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Post them all and I'll try to use my giant brain to put them all in one or two posts.:sifone:

and If I can't do it I'll get help.:)

Quinlan
06-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Lookn good! Is that a flat screen mounted over the wiring panel or just a poster? N post 69.

JETJOCK
06-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Lookn good! Is that a flat screen mounted over the wiring panel or just a poster? N post 69.

Its a poster, I have a small flat HDTV under the electrical bus panel. I would add a bigger TV over the port side sofa, I saw one on Yacht World that did that.

I have another HDTV in the Master Stateroom.

Quinlan
06-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Ours is a small flat in there too. My next project is to pull out the 1987 stereo system in there and upgrade. Anybody need a cassette player?:rolleyes:

UNRECONSTRUCTED
06-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Beautiful boat Randy. That would be the perfect life for me. I appreciate the pics and hope I can sell the wife on this idea...gosh knows I have tried.

JETJOCK
06-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Beautiful boat Randy. That would be the perfect life for me. I appreciate the pics and hope I can sell the wife on this idea...gosh knows I have tried.

There are a lot of people living on boats, my Marina is full of em! I call it a Trailer Park on the water with much nicer people.

The Portofino really worked out well, I can't say enough nice things about it. She was way ahead of her style in the late 80's.

Of course at 30 Kts---you are not going anywhere FAST but you are comfortable!

UNRECONSTRUCTED
06-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Yeah, there aren't as many live aboards up here and I suspect that is why my wife is less into going with this in our future. She loves the water so at least I have that going for me, lol. I told her she could live in the house and I would live on the boat.

Like I said earlier, we have kids so it couldn't happen right now, but I'd like to have this as our future.

JETJOCK
01-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Here are some pics of one Awesome Wellcraft Portofino restored by the "Chief" at Apache Powerboats. Amazing what you can do to an older cruiser to bring her up to date.....

Smokin_joe
05-29-2015, 10:16 PM
Hi Jet Dock,

I currently own the Portofino restored by the "chief". I renamed her the Allisa Marie. Those are great photos you have of the restoration process. Do you by any chance have anymore photos. Also may80090be better quality. When I open them the get very blurry.

Here is a current photo of her. We love her. I feel it's one of the best express cruiser layouts. She's also great in rough water.

Smokin_joe
05-29-2015, 10:20 PM

Smokin_joe
05-29-2015, 10:28 PM
If possible, maybe u can email me the photos directly. Jojoey78@aol.com. Would be greatly appreciated.

JETJOCK
02-14-2016, 12:25 PM
Let me look for them...I sold my Portofino back in 2012....I do miss her, maybe another one someday. Spent a ton of $$ on my 38KV Scarab....so its all good.

Smokin_joe
09-11-2016, 11:50 AM
I have an 1989 portofino. Maybe the nicest one on the planet. Completely refurbished by Bob Saccenti. Great boat. May be interested in selling. Only 180 hours on repowered 8.1HO. 81666

Smokin_joe
09-11-2016, 11:51 AM

Ratickle
09-12-2016, 09:52 AM
You certainly had one of the best refurbish it. :hurray:

fund razor
09-12-2016, 10:08 AM
Nice boat. I always liked those.

Ratickle
09-13-2016, 09:42 AM
Hellbent bought one also.