PDA

View Full Version : Laptop purchase

RedDog382
07-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Looking for a good durable laptop for my new mobile medical business. Have always been a Dell fan, but reviews on the newer Dell laptops have not been very good lately. Cases are cheep plastic and collect fingerprints, etc.

Looking at a HP P7350 and Sony Viao SR series T6500. Both have thumbprint security lock critical to some of my high-end clientele. I think the processors are the same, and RAM and hard drive capacity identical. The Sony looks and feels more rugged, also has longer battery life.

Any input appreciated ...

ROGUE
07-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I am very impressed with my Panasonic ToughBook. Very light and very rugged. magnesium frames I think, not cheap however.

Wrinkleface
07-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey Chris, I understand if U buy 1 now U can get a free upgrade 2 that new windows system( I think it's called #7) when it comes out in a few months! Check it out Buddy!! good luck:sifone:

Perlmudder
07-07-2009, 09:31 PM
I would NEVER buy another HP. I have one thats about a year old, and some of its qualities are less then stellar. First, it gets really REALLY REALLY REALLY hot. The hard drive and the battery charger get so hot that they could burn you if left on your skin for a prolonged period of time. Second, they take forever to boot up, I have turned off every non essential program, yet it still takes about a 2 minutes to warm up. Third, the screen is not visible in bright light (such as when in a car, or on the bus). Fourth, the touch pad is EXTREMELY sensitive. I have dulled mine as far it will go and it still jumps around if you touch it by accident. Fifth, I find the wireless card to not be as strong as the one in my sisters dell laptop or my friends macbook. Lastly, the battery life on mine was awesome for the first 6 months or so, and would allow me about 3 hours or so of battery, but after that it decreased to the point where I now get roughly 20 minutes out of it.

If possible, I would look into the new macbooks, everybody I have spoken with absolutly loves theirs, and when I get a new one, it will be a macbook.

Boss252
07-08-2009, 08:25 AM
I am a big Sony Viao fan. I am on my third one and I have never had an issue with any of them. My kids still use my old ones.