PDA

View Full Version : and So It Continues

SCARAB3DMC
07-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Do you ever get the feeling that someone is telling you to GET OUT? more issues..First I didn't get the motors back till 1 week before my marina closed. I got the motors dressed and installed the day the Marina closed,a half hour before he locked the gate!.. Went to Whiskey Island, Paid the rack for the full year, They left it in the water for three days and gouged the graffics on the starboard side. First launch, I fire them up check bilge and see the starboard motor leaking oil from the block adapter and the new oil cooler leaking water from the head.. , Tear down and and make repairs) WEENINE RUN WEEKEND next weekend launch fire them up....no leaks !! (PIRATES RUN WEEKEND ) Head out, get outside breakwall, port motor running hotter than normal,, 180, usually 150, head back tear down, check sea water punp and all hoses, pull T -stat, Head out today...Starboard fires fine..warming up theN "POP" Oil LINE from the block adapter to the remote oil filter, Shut that one down (OEM equip, should I use 10n hose and fittings?) Fire Port ...or try to fire..starter cranks twice then free wheels...out oh.. pull starter , (not even a year old,) the nose shaft support cracked in half ?.. pull starboard starter ,install on port motor, fire it up.. starts fine, check bilge ... WATER LEAKING FROM LOOSE HEAD BOLTS !!! WTF ?????? I'M ABOUT AT MY WITTS END !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like
'NICKSLICK !

Ratickle
07-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Do you ever get the feeling that someone is telling you to GET OUT? more issues..First I didn't get the motors back till 1 week before my marina closed. I got the motors dressed and installed the day the Marina closed,a half hour before he locked the gate!.. Went to Whiskey Island, Paid the rack for the full year, They left it in the water for three days and gouged the graffics on the starboard side. First launch, I fire them up check bilge and see the starboard motor leaking oil from the block adapter and the new oil cooler leaking water from the head.. , Tear down and and make repairs) WEENINE RUN WEEKEND next weekend launch fire them up....no leaks !! (PIRATES RUN WEEKEND ) Head out, get outside breakwall, port motor running hotter than normal,, 180, usually 150, head back tear down, check sea water punp and all hoses, pull T -stat, Head out today...Starboard fires fine..warming up theN "POP" Oil LINE from the block adapter to the remote oil filter, Shut that one down (OEM equip, should I use 10n hose and fittings?) Fire Port ...or try to fire..starter cranks twice then free wheels...out oh.. pull starter , (not even a year old,) the nose shaft support cracked in half ?.. pull starboard starter ,install on port motor, fire it up.. starts fine, check bilge ... WATER LEAKING FROM LOOSE HEAD BOLTS !!! WTF ?????? I'M ABOUT AT MY WITTS END !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like
'NICKSLICK !

The good news is, you should be running out of issues.....:ack2:

Tinkerer
07-05-2009, 09:33 PM
After allmost three years of sitting both of my motors started today.( pulled the distributor and pumped out the old oil, poured in the new and ran the oil pump with a drill as I turned the engine over by hand for about 10 minutes)
Have to change the water pump impellers and clean up the boat.
Hope to have it on the water next weekend.
OH i also have to replace the input shaft seal on one of my outdrives. ( leaking oil into the bellows)

FULL FORCE
07-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Dave, you know that I know how you feel.... hope all goes well soon for you!

inbetween
07-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Dave, I've been there too. It'll turn around for you.

SCARAB3DMC
07-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Dave, I've been there too. It'll turn around for you.

all I can do is hope...:boxing_smiley::(:leaving: