PDA

View Full Version : Anchor storage in bilge on a 24

blackhawk
06-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Anyone store their anchors in the bilge of their 24? I'm tired of crawling into the cuddy to get my anchors out when it's full.

Anyone store their anchors in the bilge? How do you secure them?

Buoy
06-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Anyone store their anchors in the bilge of their 24? I'm tired of crawling into the cuddy to get my anchors out when it's full.

Anyone store their anchors in the bilge? How do you secure them?

I/O I assume?
Might be some room to mount a bracket on the back of the seat, or off the Port Gunnel under the hatch.
Good topic!!
I was planning on doing something to store fenders under the hatch.
What 24 do you have? Put up some pics!
The Pantera Famalia is thick here on Serious.
And by the way - welcome to the site!

blackhawk
06-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Thanks! I see the Pantera family is big here!

Yes it's an I/O. Not a lot of room under there. I was thinking about brackets on the back of the seat but my main concern is to make sure it's 100% secure.

blackhawk
06-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Here's a couple pics. 1999 Pantera Sport 24.

Love Machine
06-30-2009, 10:49 AM
How about a Fortress anchor that comes apart and stores in a bag. You can store it under your bench seat.

Can you share some pics of your engine compartment? I've never seen the inside of one, mine was an OB setup. Here's some pics of the anchor storage made custom from the guy in Cali who owned it in 2006

blackhawk
06-30-2009, 10:52 AM
How about a Fortress anchor that comes apart and stores in a bag. You can store it under your bench seat.

I should have mentioned I don't store anything under my bench as that is where my amps, crossovers, cap, etc are located.

TIKI
06-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Beautiful water, blackhawk. Where is that?

blackhawk
06-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Beautiful water, blackhawk. Where is that?

Pic on the left is Torch Lake and the water is actually more blue in person!

The other two are Grand Traverse Bay. The pic in the middle was the calmest I have EVER seen the bay. We decided to head to another town about 30 miles away. Wind kicked up while we were hanging out and we came back in 2-4 footers!

Both lakes are in Northern Michigan.

rchevelle71
06-30-2009, 11:49 AM

Can you share some pics of your engine compartment? I've never seen the inside of one, mine was an OB setup. Here's some pics of the anchor storage made custom from the guy in Cali who owned it in 2006

I use a fortress, and bought the bag, but its a pain to put it together when you need it, plus what if you need it in a hurry:eek:

Shawn
06-30-2009, 12:43 PM
I store my anchor in the engine room of my 24 pantera. It's a huge anchor that doesn't go anywhere after I hoist it, the chain, and the line in there! I put it on the Starboard side because under power that side of the boat rides a bit higher anyway. I know that shoving it in the cabin sucks. I did that for a few years, but it was always in the way of the porta-pottie. I'm remodeling my cabin/berth now, so I definitely don't want it in there anymore.

Sydwayz
06-30-2009, 02:19 PM
A small Box Anchor should fit under the back seat.

stormrider
06-30-2009, 02:28 PM
I like the box anchor, comes w/ a bag which can hold over 100ft of rode.
AND it doesn't need chain.
But all of his stereo amps etc are under the rear bench seat.
You should be able to pad the bilge flooring and a stringer or two, and use a strong bungee to hold it in place.

tomcei
06-30-2009, 07:17 PM
maybe you could find the place you would like it. Get some acceptable material. use expanding foam and let it form around the anchor. You might want to experiment a little first to get the combo correct. It seems like it would hold it tight in one of the corners next to a stringer or a support brace.
I hope you get the idea:ack2:

blackhawk
07-01-2009, 10:11 AM
maybe you could find the place you would like it. Get some acceptable material. use expanding foam and let it form around the anchor. You might want to experiment a little first to get the combo correct. It seems like it would hold it tight in one of the corners next to a stringer or a support brace.
I hope you get the idea:ack2:

That's a great idea!

Love Machine
07-01-2009, 02:10 PM
To expand on that great idea ...put the anchor in a plastic bag, so the foam doesn't stick to it. That stuff is a b!tch to get off.

tomcei
07-01-2009, 03:31 PM
"Get some acceptable material. " :)

You may try some while vinyl and it would blend in. Try sewing up an empty while vinyl bag of sorts and then partially fill it with the expanding foam.

I'm sure this will take a few tries before you get it right