PDA

View Full Version : Thank You GLH !!!

Top Banana
06-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Just wanted to post a big Thank You to GLH for showing me a great time this past weekend up in Lake Champlain, VT.

I was in the area for a wedding and asked if I could have a chance to see the MTI he has been working on. He graciously not only allowed me acces to the boat, he put the thing in the water and took me for a tour of the lake....he gave me the total boating experience.

Some times the old guys wonder about the world of high performance boating in the future. After spending some time with GLH, I can assure everyone, the future is secure....he sounds and acts just like we did.

For example....his quote.."I just bought the boat for fun and just wanted to be able to cruise around at like, 100 or 105MPH"

So, he takes me for a tour of the lake and we cruise around at 130MPH......no where near top speed, by the way!!!

He has done an outstanding job and is approaching it with great patience.....when it is complete, it will be a wonderful example for HORBA to point to and say.....this is why we are trying to save the old race boats and get them out there again.

GLH....thanks again.

Charlie

PS....his tow truck is super too.

glh
06-21-2009, 08:18 PM
It was great meeting you and talking with someone that has so many stories and has raced with all the icons at the begining of this sport.

Buoy
06-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Good to see it guys.
Sounds like a really good time.
GLH, the boat looks awesome, and you did it in record time.
Congrats on a great project!

FastDonzi
06-21-2009, 08:58 PM
That friggin truck looks as long as the boat...Awesome setup..

lucky strike
06-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Charlie... are we ready for a Banana Cat

Top Banana
06-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Charlie... are we ready for a Banana Cat

That boat is so far from Old School.....the ride was just awesome, I might even have to give T2X the benefit of the .....cat vs the vee nod.

Ratickle
06-21-2009, 10:42 PM
That boat is so far from Old School.....the ride was just awesome, I might even have to give T2X the benefit of the .....cat vs the vee nod.

Uh-Oh, the world really is coming to an end. :sifone:

Did he let you drive????:)