PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof camera suggestions

jmeng
06-17-2009, 10:04 PM
My sony finally crapped out for good last weekend. Looking for a new camera and noticed that Fuji and Olympus both make small waterproof models. Has anyone tried them? Not looking for a high $ camera, just want something that will take pics of other boats running without being blurry and will fit in my pocket. Waterproof would be nice though...

Lubejobs42
06-17-2009, 11:05 PM
My sony finally crapped out for good last weekend. Looking for a new camera and noticed that Fuji and Olympus both make small waterproof models. Has anyone tried them? Not looking for a high $ camera, just want something that will take pics of other boats running without being blurry and will fit in my pocket. Waterproof would be nice though...

Just got the new Olympus Stylus. Very nice! The only downside is it is a little slow taking the next picture. It probabaly takes 4 to 5 seconds in between shots. That seems like the only downside!

Perlmudder
06-17-2009, 11:19 PM
a couple friends have olympus underwater ones, it is pretty cool that you can take them out on the seadoos and not have to worry. and they are sand proof too!

Sydwayz
06-18-2009, 12:13 AM
I have the Olympus 720T or something like that. I've had it for 2 years and LOVE it. Just put it in your pocket for the whole weekend and forget it's always there; water/wet; or not.

jhenrie
06-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Cannon has some new jammie thats supposed to be the shiz

Ratickle
06-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Cannon has some new jammie thats supposed to be the shiz

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4475043&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=VRqCjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE

I've read about it because we've had extremely good luck with Cannon products. Seems to be a winner.

schnydo
06-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Olympus 8000 i got the black one.good to 40' micro sd