PDA

View Full Version : GM stock, a good buy?

Pure Energy
06-16-2009, 11:22 AM
I can only look at it and think it has to up!! Between Gov. bailout, restucturing, etc. can GM pull itself up?

I would love to know what I might be missing. Is $1.34 a good price to start buying?

Bobcat
06-16-2009, 11:41 AM
was discussed last week

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7579

BBB725
06-16-2009, 11:49 AM
I can only look at it and think it has to up!! Between Gov. bailout, restucturing, etc. can GM pull itself up?

I would love to know what I might be missing. Is $1.34 a good price to start buying?

It depends on how much risk you want to take. It's priced low because of that, if everything goes bad maybe the government, as it has done already, will give your value to someone else. Just go in with your eyes wide open, because any time you deal with the government they can change the rules at anytime.

MarylandMark
06-16-2009, 11:51 AM
"GM, good bye" would make more cents

Ratickle
06-16-2009, 11:51 AM
It depends on how much risk you want to take. It's priced low because of that, if everything goes bad maybe the government, as it has done already, will give your value to someone else. Just go in with your eyes wide open, because any time you deal with the government they can change the rules at anytime.

Hasn't the government already said, best case, 1 share of the new stock for every 10 shares class A current stock??

Pure Energy
06-16-2009, 12:47 PM
I know its been talked about but thought I'd find some new insight

Dude! Sweet!
06-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Thank you, I needed a good laugh this morning.

fund razor
06-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Anybody else get a love letter from the new CEO this week? I did. Pretty funny... they called their situation a "court supervised re-invention of the company" and vowed that they would be there for us, the customer... and that I might like to use the attached coupon for $2700 off of a GM vehicle.

Wardey
06-16-2009, 04:34 PM
I've already lost enough money in GM stock. I'm staying clear. Dave

RLJ676
06-16-2009, 06:28 PM

NOOOO!

The odds of the shareholders of "old GM" after the GM 363 sale recieving anything seems very, very slim. All other debts must be paid first I believe. I wouldn't buy it.

ImaPoser
06-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Anybody else get a love letter from the new CEO this week? I did. Pretty funny... they called their situation a "court supervised re-invention of the company" and vowed that they would be there for us, the customer... and that I might like to use the attached coupon for $2700 off of a GM vehicle.

It went straight from the mail box to the trash can. Unopened. I'll look at them again when they make something that I find not ugly.

OldSchool
06-16-2009, 07:43 PM

I got one of 'em, I read it......then threw it in the trashcan. :rolleyes:

fund razor
06-16-2009, 07:45 PM
I shredded mine. :)

JupiterSunsation
06-16-2009, 08:07 PM
I got 5 letters (bought 5 company trucks).........if I could lump all the rebates together I would buy a new 2500 crew duramax..... Love the product but just not the payment!